Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  May 07, 2024, 11:36:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Popularity  (Read 4360 times)
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2015, 04:56:35 PM »

With the constant increase in the player base size of AstroGalaxy we are experiencing a shortage of worthwhile missions; especially SOS.

My members constantly talk about not being able to find any so this brings up an interesting issue in the game.

It's no doubt that with more players joining corps lately we are seeing higher retention and growth of players. That means more players getting out of Sol and doing missions at a deliberate and competitive pace.

Let's face it, no one really does SOS missions in the inner rings, so we need a revamp of SOS. Either higher spawn seeds for the missions in further rings, or perhaps more in empty space or the new cluster to spread the growing population out a bit.

I don't do them anymore, but I've got several members using wormhole shifters and scout ships that can clear a sector faster than the missions respawn
Report to moderator   Logged

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 08:20:57 AM »

yup i've noticed this too lately. i've actually been in the situation whereby i've made the jump to 1 sos mission only to find someone else has already gotten it. more certainly needs to be done with empty sectors.

can't something be coded along the lines of activity * demand for x? where x is either demand for sos coms or even new star systems and planets? it's great having new players to the game for sure but we need space as well to cater for these players 1.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 01:14:22 PM »

I have notice that there are less SOS missions at the limit of our sector. In fact I may be the culprit because I have been playing vacuum cleaner to get rid of all the useless SOS missions every where(the ones that nobody wants) so that we can get new more interesting missions. Since I do that with a very fast ship I can grab hundreds a day.
dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 01:26:06 PM »

well feel free to grab all the fuel ones because i hate those and being that my name in the game is now lord sidious in true sith style i just want to shoot those ones who ask for fuel!!!!
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 04:43:20 PM »

I always wanted to destroy the 'plague ships'.

But, in any case, we have to take the fuel also so the missions can re-generate faster.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 05:51:44 PM »

Marcus went through and cleared out the first and second rings today, so hopefully that refreshes the whole spawn

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Merkaba
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 06:57:49 PM »

I sent an PM to SirEmi the other day and got back a couple responses.  I'm very glad to see this as a topic for discussion.

I'll edit my post with the information he said to me so he doesnt have to repeat himself.

I'm not sure about some of things he stated (meaning i dont know how it works exactly) but he's the man, so i believe him

***Astro Galaxy Support
05-Feb-2015 09:23
Re: SOS Signals

Hello,
There are about 15 missions / quadrant, that will regenerate every hour. So if you wait near an empty area for about an hour you will see more missions. There is also an expiry timer, so if SoS missions don't get contacted they will go away and be replaced with another.

If all the Com missions get completed, and the other missions do not, then the expiry timer will clear them out in time, it's 24 hour expiry time I think.

Have fun, and if you need more info feel free to post on the forum about it.

Thank you,

Sir Emi, AG Support

***Astro Galaxy Support
05-Feb-2015 12:01
Re: Re: Re: SOS Signals

Hello,

While the system generates random / equal numbers of SoS and Com missions, however that is not the case in reality.

More Com missions get picked up in more populated areas, and the expire timer is 72 hours not 24, so there are usually more SoS signals to be found then Com, but that's just natural selection.

Sir Emi, AG Support
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: