Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  May 10, 2024, 09:24:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newb questions from a true newb  (Read 4684 times)
CarolusRex
Private

Hodie mihi, cras tibi

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:54:01 AM »

Hi guys!

Just finished the SEA training course, and now here I am, without many clues... Three immediate questions:

1. Is there some sort of documentation available, you know, with the stuff you learned in the SEA course? My memory is good but short, and I'd like to go back and read up on stuff I forgot...

2. Can you remotely destroy a station?

3. Is there any point in trying to join a corporation if you're an utter newb like myself?

//CR - Newb Extraordinaire
Report to moderator   Logged

Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:23:06 AM »

Hi guys!

Just finished the SEA training course, and now here I am, without many clues... Three immediate questions:

1. Is there some sort of documentation available, you know, with the stuff you learned in the SEA course? My memory is good but short, and I'd like to go back and read up on stuff I forgot...

2. Can you remotely destroy a station?

3. Is there any point in trying to join a corporation if you're an utter newb like myself?

//CR - Newb Extraordinaire

Hi CR, welcome to AG 1

1) Not that I know of, though there are experienced members who've written a guide with not just the basics from the academy, but expert advice as well (also see #3)

2) No, you need to have a ship in orbit

3) I'd say the BEST time to join a corp is when you're new. You'd have access to the combined knowledge of your entire corp. Plus, having people to chat to enhances your experience. Depending on your preferred style of play, there are several corps that will suit you.

*ducks bricks thrown by sargas* SPQNR suits ALL non-pirate players.  16

Your name already has a nice Roman ring to it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:29:08 AM by Raptor » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:57:06 AM »

they are not 'bricks', they are water-balloons filled with poster paint.  (I think periwinkle is a nice color on you.).

back to topic:

1.  As Raptor said, there is a lot of information available here in the forums and most of the  the corporate message boards will answer any questions and give advice. (another good reason to join a corp.)

2.  not yet anyway. hopefully in the future we will see an option for that.  This is a growing game and the developer (Sir Emi) listens to any suggestions the players have.

3.  Depending upon the different corporation, all will have something other than advice to give, some loan warships, some high mark modules, but all will give you the aid you need and support you (whatever path you chose)

and now, back off topic:

I would like to inform you that the Empire of Sargas is always looking for members (ducks brick only to be hit with one of his own balloons)  As far as what corporation you decide on (warning, an IMG enlistment puts you in the middle of a brutal war), I would suggest you check us (all corps) out here in the forums and make an informed decision.

Welcome to the game.

(edit for standard reason #1...spelling and grammar...)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:00:46 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 11:31:09 AM »

here is some more information about your station dilemma (it's come up before):

You cannot destroy your own station, you will have to hire another player to do so.
Instead, I suggest packing the station away in your ships cargo bays, return it to Earth, and sell it.  That will open a 'station license' for another station when you need one (or a larger version)
CarolusRex
Private

Hodie mihi, cras tibi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 09:29:58 AM »

Right.

Thanks for the replies so far. I was accepted as a member of the SPQNR corp. Looking forward to find out more about this game.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: