Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  May 10, 2024, 03:41:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious encounters yeah right ..  (Read 9428 times)
Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2014, 09:56:58 AM »

I was asking myself is this update or what ..

"There are rumors of mysterious remnants of an Alien civilization in the new star cluster.
Unusual structures and derelicts have been detected buried deep in some of the planets. The SOL Corporation has sent an update to all ship scanners, and we should now be able to detect the sites in "Surface" view."

yes just for players who start to explore new cluster in first 3-4 days ..
why that missions do not appear again ?
Why not written anywhere that these missions will not appear again ?
Until i was prepare ship for new cluster all "derelicts" (99% of them) are already collected so i go from system to system to find some and for now i find 3 (1 of them is module) and i explore 27 systems until now .
I forgot, i found 2 medium structure finish exploring 1 and get hybrid mining facility mk IV , i cannot scoop , i need 25000 people to fill up and i will have 12,5/h I think in planet with very low quantity of resources
Actually i will be more happy if i get 2 fuel instead a structure ..

So, what is benefit for players which start to play this game last few mounts or will start to play game in future ?
I think that is better to add chance to find "derelicts" so every player can find some (something like 2-4% chance) because new cluster will be useless in very short period of time

*PS i like this game  1
*PSS English is not my first language 1 
Report to moderator   Logged

lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:01:54 AM »

Welcom to the game. This still a work progress. There is one more update to go.
Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 11:15:05 AM »

ty, it's just constructive criticism and suggestion 1

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 07:56:02 PM »

This problem will be solved when novas are added in.  So try to donate QP for novas if you can to speed it along. Until it happens we won't have these refreshed.  I know it sucks and to be honest if a star system is newly formed I can't see how an ancient civilization's stuff  would somehow appear there.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »

There will be new derelicts appearing (like SoS missions), once you collect them, that's a good idea thank you.

Structures can't be moved, so those can be investigated then conquered / claimed via battle.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 02:58:07 PM »

Structures are mostly useless though. lol
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 04:00:56 PM »

There will be new derelicts appearing (like SoS missions), once you collect them, that's a good idea thank you.

Awesome!

I feel like I will have more of an opinion on all of this once the utility of the alien modules is announced. If they are not too unbalanced then I am totally in favor of regenerating Alien Wrecks

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 09:32:08 PM »

Indeed. Out of the many structures that I control right now, only one seems worthwhile. Even if all the other structures have TWICE their current utility, they'd still be useless. Not just for me but for all players of all levels. Too many things to do to get so litte: invest RP and time for investigation, use a CAPTURE attack (!@#$ those timers), and bring lots of personnel. And you get what? A useless structure. LOL Not to mention it's immovable. It's not worth doing it, and even if you manage to steal/take over a structure from another player, it's not worth defending either.

SirEmi, we should be able to move it, or its utility should be increased1

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 10:29:13 PM »

Indeed. Out of the many structures that I control right now, only one seems worthwhile. Even if all the other structures have TWICE their current utility, they'd still be useless. Not just for me but for all players of all levels. Too many things to do to get so litte: invest RP and time for investigation, use a CAPTURE attack (!@#$ those timers), and bring lots of personnel. And you get what? A useless structure. LOL Not to mention it's immovable. It's not worth doing it, and even if you manage to steal/take over a structure from another player, it's not worth defending either.

SirEmi, we should be able to move it, or its utility should be increased1

I am all for there being a way to move it. Even if we got to get an extra research thing added in to be able to move stuff. The only one I consider somewhere worthwhile is the shield and the one I did find is useless on such a small planet.  Not to mention the power of it can easily be pierced by any of the top players ships really. In order to make it worthwhile it would have to be combined with other stuff on a much larger planet to be considered worthwhile.  Honestly setting up a base that isn't mobile just isn't that interesting to me and would just leave another target for anyone who wished to try to destroy it to attack it.  Why invest in something that isn't going to bring me in any solars?
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 12:22:33 AM »

I suppose you could have a compromise of the two where you can move it within a star system or perhaps just put another long timer  yawn and maybe a way to upgrade/enhance it where it becomes worth it, like uh...renovating it or something. If you got enough benefit even if you had to invest a bit more maybe the bonuses plus the fact you invested in it will make it more worth defending.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 11:45:05 AM »

We're just starting to see the potential with alien structures. There will be more types and different bonuses, some more useful then others.

Of course they might be moveable at some point as  our understanding of the new technology increases.
You might need a big cargo bay, some time to excavate and pack it, then transport and deploy like a fortress works, but it will be doable.

lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 05:32:59 PM »

now you talking  13  the existing alien structure is a sitting duck. I like see in the future able add to your corp base.
Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 08:34:12 AM »

I am glad that this was good discussion  15

Irredrache
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »

Will there also be a way, perhaps, to sell the structures to interested parties in Sol Corp? I'm really just looking for a way to recoup my loss... I spent 8 million RPs (at my level, an ENORMOUS amount of my science) because I believed it would be worth it... to get what turned out to be a defensive building that would do nothing to help my growth. And then I couldn't even lay claim to it because it was just one stack of things that hit like a 2 million power clump of marines, and it wiped out my 2 million power ship that I brought all the way out to help deal with it. So after 8 million RPs I have nothing to show for it  wounded1

I would upgrade and muster forces until I had a ship strong enough to reclaim it if there was a way I could then make back a percentage of my investment by somehow selling it to NPCs who might want it. Then I would not feel so hosed by the whole ordeal...

mea navis aƫricumbens anguillis abundat

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »

Sir Emi, has this already been added?

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: