Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  May 02, 2024, 05:14:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Corporations -- why?  (Read 4165 times)
Morgwen Dubhspiriag
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2013, 12:44:22 PM »

Trying to find out just what is working in Corporations, but can't seem to find it.
(and no, I am not going to try every option, that's dumb 1 )

As too the "why?", it seems useless to have a corporation if it is impossible to trade
produce for and assist other members.  Now some of this may already be in place,
or in the process of being in place, but, without a section (FAQ?) explaining what
is available, it is hard to do so.  Having to loot a fellow member just to trade is not
very effective nor fun.  12

So, in summary:

What works in Corporation?
Can you explain what each right actually give a member?
What is planned in the Near / Future upgrades for the game on this subject.

Respects...

Morgwen Dubhspiriag
aka Coyote
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »

Corporations can be good for sharing information with one another and trying to become organized. They can try to watch out for one another and help them when needed. As for our only method for sharing modules with one another, that is because there is no actual in game trading system. Still while a slight pain, trading modules through attacks does work out well. Just set up a space station with cargo space and put the modules there, have them show up, start the attack. You jump away so they have a shorter attack time and then they get the module when it is done.  For me if I want to get one, it will only take me about 3 min to get the module once the attack has begun. That is if I am using my pirating ship for it.

Something to consider is if a Corp is actually well organized.  Most of the Corps in the game are a bunch of rag tag individuals who have just banded together. They aren't very well organized.  In PMI, I try to encourage and help our members be more self sufficient. If someone can learn to protect themselves and learn to do things on their own, then the entire Corp becomes better overall. Especially when when working together.
WolfDoc
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 03:42:02 AM »

Well once corp ships are done and if I can get emi to add a few more features corps should be fine assets, right now it's mostly a info sharing thing
Morgwen Dubhspiriag
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 08:39:09 AM »

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Respects...
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: