Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  May 05, 2024, 01:38:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: how can ships be in two places at once?  (Read 5494 times)
sargas
« on: August 19, 2013, 05:05:39 PM »

two of my ships are in the hanger bay of one of my motherships and are also participating in combat at Beta CTT 70952.  the mothership is in the safe spot of CTT 70952.  The attack menu shows only one ship present yet when I try to resolve the missiion, all three ships are present.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:03:48 PM »

ok, the mothership (with two ships in hangers) is now in another system (7.6 LY away) and whenever I try to 'OPEN FIRE' at the original location, the docked ships still appear at the 'COM'...
sargas
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 11:43:25 AM »

I'm also getting a warning that I cannot jump the mothership while it is docked in the mothership.  The second attempt works.
sargas
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 12:37:32 AM »

It only does this when I start the attack timer with the mothership.  If I deploy the assigned ship(s), it(they) will function as normal and the mothership can do a COM without the problem occuring.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »

This is a bug SirEmi needs to fix.  His "prized" hangerships are nothing but bug ridden crap.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 04:02:32 PM »

Hi Sargas.

It sounds like you have a syndrome called "Doctor Who" where you are breaking the physical laws of the universe by sticking things that are bigger than you into a shoe box.

OK i havent tried loading a hangared carrier into a hangared carrier yet since i have had no real cause to operate that way. I will trial that out soon to test your bug.

With respect to the combat, depending on which screen you use to check the combat timers, you get a different result. If you are carrying ships then the local counter timer shows up lesser than if you go and check the global attack counter, which takes into account all the ships in your hold. From experience, those ships dont come into play until you hit "open fire" and then they evacuate out of cargo hold "hangar" to be part of the battle. (so long as you own or control those ships. corp member ships stay within the hold for combat grrr)

I'm also getting a warning that I cannot jump the mothership while it is docked in the mothership.  The second attempt works.
Make sure you have the correct ship active while trying to jump. If you have a hangared ship (that is a mothership) active and hit "jump" you will get that error.

ok, the mothership (with two ships in hangers) is now in another system (7.6 LY away) and whenever I try to 'OPEN FIRE' at the original location, the docked ships still appear at the 'COM'...
I havent personally come up with the same problems, whether my "mothersip" or its assigned vessels start the combat first. What i normally do is initiate the combat with the mothership, have a look at the timer count, look to my hangar to see how many ships i have available to hold the combat, undock her/them as required to complete the mission and then move the mothership to another location. Rinse and repeat. Other than the counter-timer error from global to local on how long the combat will take, i havent had any real issues on ghosting. I have noticed that if you start multiple combats in same orbit and 1 of those is a nest and another is a hijack. then those combats appear separate and are conducted separate, and have separate counters to resolve.  Unlike running 2 or 3 hijack counters, where you can finish them all in one foul "open fire" click.
Makes you see double sometimes when you count how many ships you have in combat while conducting multiple sytle and multiple system combats.

Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 01:16:07 AM »

Dr Who is not a syndrome. He is a god-like entity also know as "The Luckiest Dude in the Universe" by some. Show some respect or he may just drop a couple of Ogrie on your ship when you aren't looking.  2

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 12:52:44 PM »

For a guy who is "immortal" he sure dies a lot. I have seen many incarnations of him while only living one life haha. The doctor has more lives than a cat ;) (been watching since Patrick Trouthon & John Pertwee to give away some of my age) My respect is there though for him or else he wouldnt get a mention lol

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 08:16:46 PM »

my original problem seems to have been made moot, since (as of now), everything works as it should.

thank y'all for your concern, but all's well now.

...and as far as the good doctor is concerned, he has often visited me seeking advice...

sargas
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 08:24:07 PM »

This is a bug SirEmi needs to fix.  His "prized" hangerships are nothing but bug ridden crap.

the bug reported was fixed, and my opinion of 'Mothership Ops' is still pending...
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: