Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  May 03, 2024, 09:14:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Galactic Council directive executed  (Read 18316 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2013, 06:10:01 PM »

From the office of [IMG], Corporate member to the Galactic Council

"As per articles 10 & 11 of the Galactic Council Charter, today at at 17:35 on the 18th May, 2013 Galactic Time, Pilot Radoshar in his spacecraft Star 1, was engaged by Corporation flagship ISBM FLAGSHIP around the orbit and surface of Saturn, System Sol. Details of that engagement to follow:"

"In following with the RoE (Rules of Engagement) set out in the GC,  the formal request to remove an installation from a Claimed system was submitted via the forums for all to witness. At the same time a message was sent to the pilot requesting that his holdings be removed, even offering relocation costs. All our messages went unheeded and unanswered. Several personal messages (PM) were sent directly to the pilot without receiving a direct response. So, following article 11 & subsection 11.1 of the GC charter
11. Members Corps of the GC may petition to claim solar objects for their sole Corp use. Sole Corp ownership is contingent upon approval of the majority of the GC.
11.1. If another player sets up holdings on or around a GC claimed solar object the owner of said holdings may contact said player giving forty eight (48) hours notice of intent to remove the holdings in question by force.
and incorporating article 10 subsection 1. of the charter,
10.1. The process is as follows. Notice is posted to the GC of the player's holdings and location simultaneously a message informing said player of the intention to remove their holdings after a five (5) day waiting period. If said player does not respond and no GC representative objects then the permission is automatically granted by the GC.
orders were given by the high command of Corporation [IMG], Captain Dadds, For their flagship to carry out the directive."

"We acknowledge the pilot has since recently been under the new pilot protection rule and is therefore of no particular threat to our corporation power, the installation in question was hampering our designs for infrastructure building for Saturn, and we cannot fully rule out espionage as a motivating factor with the establishment, as there is no commercial value in any mining operations currently at Saturn. That is all for now. Combat log to follow. Please note that the log has been modified by defence secrecy act to guard against any intel that can be gained by displaying military sciences and weaponry loadouts."

Combat reports
Attacker
Dadds

Saturn

Attacker opened fire!

ISBM FLAGSHIP Vs. Star 1
Weapons assault
Star 1 maneuvers into fire range and attacks first.
Star 1 attacks with Viper Squadron MK I using standard formation.
Direct hit on target, doing 488 damage!
ISBM FLAGSHIP attacks with Railgun Battery MK ???? using standard mode.
Target dodged the incoming attack!

ISBM FLAGSHIP attacks with Viper Squadron MK ???? using standard formation.

ISBM FLAGSHIP attacks with Viper Squadron MK ???? using standard formation.

ISBM FLAGSHIP attacks with Laser Cannon MK ???? using standard mode.
Light hit on target, doing 19980 damage!
EMERGENCY JUMP!
Star 1 has retreated from the battlefield due to heavy damage!
Star 1 lost some cargo while executing the emergency jump...
ISBM FLAGSHIP searching for dumped cargo...
31 m3 Fuel Cells scooped into cargo bay.

HMS Vendetta Vs. Radoshar planetary force
Weapons assault
HMS Vendetta attacks with Laser Cannon MK ???? using standard mode.
Hit on target, doing 23976 damage!
Radoshar planetary force has been defeated!
Atmospheric harvester Mk I was destroyed.
2 m3 Gold, 2 m3 Tin, 14 m3 Copper was found in the wreckage.

Objective: Destroy 10% or more of the enemy while losing less % then the enemy.

Attacker victory!
Defender
Radoshar

"Are there any questions from the audience at this time?"

Report to moderator   Logged

Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 11:57:04 PM »

Um...I have a question.
What, exactly, was this all about?

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
sargas
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »

it's about Sovereignty.  IMG controls Saturn, PMI controls Jupiter and NHC controls Luna.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »

Hi BB Goode.
Yeah sorry must look odd to a new player i guess. Its a little about role play, a lot about developing an in-game story-line and asserting some self-regulation on game conduct. The top 3 corps have formed a committee called the Galactic Council to try to regulate our actions within certain zones. (The initial concept was to try to reduce piracy and vandalism to new or starting players before they get a chance to develop their gameplay and standing)

Each member of the council has its representative, similar to the current style of U.N. delegates. We have formed (and agreed to) a set of guidelines and codes of conduct we all believe to be fair.

A child board was developed for this particular topic where pilots can partition to the council with complaints about pilot attacks and to air grievances, to be settled by majority vote among the corp council members. It also keeps this style of role play out of general discussion so it can be more easily followed. (And probably this is where this message should have been posted. This happened when the charter was still fairly new and so there was some overlapping to the story line) The board can be found by clicking on the link that appears under child boards in the general discussion folder

Hope that clears it up a little. Check out our Galactic Council charter in the forums to see what the fuss is all about! ;)
Have a nice day!

Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:33:04 PM »

Let me see if I have this right...
A bunch of old players have decided to start their own story line, which they don't think new players should be privy too, cause we're too dumb or innocent or uninterested to follow it. These old guys laid claim to the power bodies in the Sol system and divvied them up, though they are supposed to be for new players to develop in. They further started a private, Trilateral Commission type dictatorial body to police themselves from each other, and intimidate lessor players and groups, controlling Sol space, and deciding how newbies will be allowed to develop. I presume that we (the lowly newbie class) will be told when we must go forth like lambs to slaughter for the enjoyment of the power class to plunder. I have read enough other snippets of stuff since getting here to know that some of these elitists think that beating up the lessor players is good "training." (Any justification for a sociopath to de-socio everything in his path, I guess...) 21

I doubt this is fully accurate, as I chose to quite firmly read between the lines, but I will try to keep up with the secret story line. Though I must say, the best story lines are simple interpretations of the raw history of events. The rest is really sort of a mass delusion for some, and not comprehensible or relevant for the rest.
Still, I love a good story.  7
Carry on.

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
sargas
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 11:57:07 PM »

Well,  first of all, the Galactic Council was formed for a number of reasons.  I suggest you read the charter.  The only area the non-members cannot see are the inner council meetings.  Grow, form and active corporation and apply for membership..

Saturn is mined out (zero resources), so there is no reason to be there (other than just taking a peek or transportation missions), Jupiter still has resources and PMI allows open mining, and I believe that [NHC]Morbius allows open mining of Luna.

So, don't read a lot into it, and enjoy the game.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:03:41 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »

Here is how things have gone.  IMG, a new corporation and PMI a powerful corporation, that was formed from lesser corporations that decided to merge, had a disagreement because one of their founding members before they formed their corp ran off at the mouth to PMI.  A war broke out between the 2. It was kinda long.  It was drug out. Other then a few decent hits and there no one was able to do much to the other due not being able to fight each other. IMG rose up during that time to the game's number 3 alliance. PMI leader (me) decided this all was just pointless now consulted with his mining and navy leaders and decided to discuss a NAP with IMG. After some negotiation a NAP was signed.  After that IMG and PMI began hammering out details for a Galactic Council.  Not for dominating. While PMI likes to raid, IMG hates pirates. Both Corps want to help new players though.  This is what actually brought us to deciding perhaps this was a good idea. We talked with NHC and they agreed. Once all 3 Corporations agreed to the charter the Council was formed.

There are still some things that need working on of course for the charter.  We didn't just divide up the planets.  Morbius already was set up on the moon way back when I first joined. Though he and NHC hasn't made a claim to it, we consider it theirs.  PMI had set up on Jupiter just prior to the signing as had IMG set up on Saturn just prior to it.  PMI does allow mining/harvesting on Jupiter where as IMG does not allow it on Saturn.  PMI does not allow any other stations in orbit besides our own though. The thing you must understand is all the planets in Sol are really pretty dried up as it is anyways. It isn't really just from us. Most of us don't even set up mines in Sol.  

The goal of the Galactic Council is to help out newer players as well as older. PMI despite having some pirates in it, no longer raids in the Sol System. We also don't go around blowing up stuff at random. Also some of our older players are no longer playing so many of our members are relatively new as well.  IMG likely also accepts new players.  My only requirement for joining PMI is you aren't listed as an outlaw, you have 20,000 power and you have finished the tutorial. All pretty things to do.  You don't have to join one of our corps for help though.  PMI doesn't have a problem helping out newer players if they ask. Especially with advice.  IMG will help newer players to move further out in the galaxy so they don't get raided as much.   NHC, well they mostly just keep to themselves these days but they are nice people.  It is possible for other alliances to join the Galactic Council. Though we do have a say if they get in or not. We are still hammering out some details on requirements. But the main ones we look for now is good signs of growth and of course their reputation in the game. For example  Perkele also known as PRKL will never likely be accepted by the GC. Their leader is a pirate and not a very good one. Not even sure how active he has been.  He has been known to try to blow up quite a few things.  He tried harassing Morbius all because IMG blew up the stuff he had on Jupiter for a while. This was back when we were at war with IMG. Now Morb didn't do anything to him.  But he got all mad and vicious and just went after Morb. Didn't do him much good though.  The way he acts is why his alliance will likely never be accepted.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 01:53:22 PM »

Let me see if I have this right...
A bunch of old players have decided to start their own story line, which they don't think new players should be privy too, cause we're too dumb or innocent or uninterested to follow it.
nothing private about the Galactic Council. Its just got its own thread so that players can find information and post information there for discussion without it being lost and diluted in the general chat topics. Corporations who wish in on the Galactic Council are strongly encouraged to take active interest in what we hope will be a fundamental player-governed code of conduct and fair play as the game grows in size and complexity.
These old guys laid claim to the power bodies in the Sol system and divvied them up, though they are supposed to be for new players to develop in.
When we decided to have a presence within the Sol system, practically anything worth mining in the Sol system was depleted, including reserves on Saturn. As our[IMG] gameplay has always been about getting away from sol (as miners and colonists), it was not an easy decision to move back into Sol System to get involved with its local affairs, but we felt it necessary to show a presence in the system to prove our resolve in stamping out raiding and piracy, particularly wanton acts of destruction by those corps under the banner of "piracy" when in fact they were just blowing stuff up cause it was fun.
They further started a private, Trilateral Commission type dictatorial body to police themselves from each other, and intimidate lessor players and groups, controlling Sol space, and deciding how newbies will be allowed to develop.
First part of that statement, correct. We at [IMG] are against raiding and piracy particularly of the newer players and are in effect here to keep the GREATER players in check, not to intimidate lessor players and corps. Its not about controlling how newbies will be allowed to develop at all. If you wish to develop as part of a raiding regime, I refer you to JamJul's [PMI] corp for advice and tips on how to do it smartly and efficiently. If you choose to be a peaceful dirt digger or gas harvester, adventurer and explorer, feel free to pick our[IMG] brains on how we did it and started out, or even what pushed us into our way of gaming. And lets not forget [NHC] who have been until recently the top corp in game and been around longer than either of [IMG] or [PMI]. I am sure if you post a question in their direction, Goodperson or others (Morbius) will always offer free advice.
I presume that we (the lowly newbie class) will be told when we must go forth like lambs to slaughter for the enjoyment of the power class to plunder. I have read enough other snippets of stuff since getting here to know that some of these elitists think that beating up the lessor players is good "training." (Any justification for a sociopath to de-socio everything in his path, I guess...)
Not one of our members conducts raids on any pilots at any time now or in the past while under my corporation banner. If any of my members did infact consider taking a little profit, plunder or enjoyment out of attacking another pilot then they would be immediately dismissed, unless they had an extremely good reasoning for that conduct. I am one of those players that find "beating up on lessors" to be distasteful at the very least, which is what initially lead me to forming a mining and later "anti-pirating" corporation and gathered members who felt equally strong on the subject of subjugation.
To use my own personal example, I was initially beaten to a pulp by certain members of a certain corp early on in my gaming experience here. So much so that all i could do, to limp back into Sol, was to vote for several days to gain enough solars to buy emergency fuel to get there. My only intent when i did arrive at Sol and Earth was to sell all my equipment and donate it to anyone who wanted it and then to quit. Instead me and others similarly treated like this set a resolve to band together and get the heck away from Sol, as far as possible to play the game without harassment by those corporations. Oh, the reason given to me for such harsh treatment? The raiding pirates didnt like the type of resources i was mining so instead destroyed all my holdings! We will never forget our beginnings, which have ultimately come full circle to help form this Galactic Charter, (or code of conduct), so that these sorts of acts will never happen again, or will not go un-noticed and unpunished.
For example  Perkele also known as PRKL will never likely be accepted by the GC. Their leader is a pirate and not a very good one. Not even sure how active he has been.  He has been known to try to blow up quite a few things.  He tried harassing Morbius all because IMG blew up the stuff he had on Jupiter for a while.
Yeah, payback is a pregnant dog! ;) Naturally, this particular corp[PKRL] is on our all time kill list and will never be removed because of its actions towards our founding members and disregard for pilots properties. OK tit-for-tat can be argued that is not right either, but in a galaxy where there are no intergalactic police, we must form our own form of "rough justice" at times. (Yes i have been called a "vigilante" at one time and by one of the founding council members). Its tough out there, but I hope we make it a bit easier for those who will follow in our footsteps. Not easy being the first pioneers.
I doubt this is fully accurate, as I chose to quite firmly read between the lines, but I will try to keep up with the secret story line.
Again, there is nothing secret to our Galactic Council, more just a side line for those who want to get involved in player driven politics and gaming. I will put it to "our brethren" though that we should openly post our "secret decisions" in the general area for the public to view and be made aware of, if that is not already happening.
I will use a "for example" where pilot untamed is classified to all members as an outlaw, and can (and most likely will) be engaged by members of the alliance. Of course that pilot can make a petition to that decision for review if he feels that our decision is harsh or unfair. The charter and "how to" sections sets out how to go about being removed as an outlaw. It is not something that is decided on a whimsy. We do try to resolve these things locally and personally first ;)

Thank you though for your input and observation, and interest, in what we "elitists" are up to. The history and rivalry has been quite interesting (and at times painfully dull) between factions and i hope it continues to build and grow more diverse and interesting as the game grows.

Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 09:41:16 PM »

Saturn is mined out (zero resources)

How the hell do you "mine out" a gas giant? 2

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 11:57:39 PM »

Saturn is mined out (zero resources)

How the hell do you "mine out" a gas giant? 2

Jupiter has almost had all of it's gases harvested as well. I am not sure if techniquely we can even call these gas giants anymore.  BTW I thought saturn looked looked a little see through there lol
sargas
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 12:34:40 AM »

You would do well to listen to the words of the 'vigilante' Dadds, his views on wanton destruction are very similar to my own.  We don't prey on SOL system residents and will not destroy property in any other sector (with exceptions for 'outlaws').  

As far as Saturn being mined out, what would you call a planet that has had all it's resources mined fully.  Saturn is just one of many solar objects to have had all its resources depleated.

[ quote]...Trilateral Commission type dictatorial body to police themselves from each other, and intimidate lessor players and groups, controlling Sol space, and deciding how newbies will be allowed to develop...[/unquote]

Please show me how we are doing all this.

(aside to Capt Dadds,you seem to relish the concept that you are considered a vigilante and wear it like a badge of honor...:grin...)

(edit for the usual reason - spelling)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:47:25 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 05:36:22 PM »

I read the first response to my question, and as for the intimidating part, I have read Sargas' Comms and looked at his comm screen images. He isn't exactly sunshine and lemonade looking for a weary traveler to bring refreshment to.  14

As far as Saturn being mined out, what would you call a planet that has had all it's resources mined fully.  Saturn is just one of many solar objects to have had all its resources depleated.

I call it a bad joke. It would take decades upon decades upon decades just to harvest a few miles deep of Jupiter's atmosphere. A bit less to inhale Saturn's. the idea that these, or any medium-to-large gas giant's atmosphere can be depleted in a human life span is just ludicrous...I mean, hilarious...I mean...um...well, both really!
Oh, and by the very studies that are making this game possible at the level of "reality" upon which it is working, Jupiter is  not a really big GG either. So there should be a few truly "unlimited" GGs supplying massive amounts of resources. Veritable Great Lakes-sized watering holes of Atmo harvesting for everyone with a desire to go there.
Just sayin' 7...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM by BB Goode » Report to moderator   Logged

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
sargas
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »

Dadds, please do not tell new people that the only thing they can learn from [PMI] is piracy.  Very few of us engage in piracy anymore and we are experienced in both mining and SOS/COM missions and we are ready and willing to pass on our expertise to any and all (except GC outlaws)...

(edit - because I wanted to, and besides, I had to fix my grammar...

...giggle...)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:06:15 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 01:50:52 PM »

Dadds, please do not tell new people that the only thing they can learn from [PMI] is piracy.  Very few of us engage in piracy anymore and we are experienced in both mining and SOS/COM missions and we are ready and willing to pass on our expertise to any and all (except GC outlaws)...
Sorry Sargas, you either misquote me or misunderstand me.
I was merely referring to new players choosing a path line to their AG career. If a pilot decides they want to become a great raider, then naturally when i look down the list of active, successful raiding teams, i can but merely stop at [PMI] and ask outspoken leader and raider, JamJulLison for advice in such matters of how to get into that industry.
No good coming to ask me about it, my best advice to a budding pirate would be suicide by aloch....alcho....alcohol hic! (though that may be downplaying my knowledge of piracy tactics somewhat, since i have been a victim to its laws and operations for some time....study(know) thy enemy...bushido, way of the warrior LOL)
Not once did i suggest that ALL PMI were a bunch of scurvy currs out for a quick profit, though your leader himself does finger you as a "raider of opportunity"
If the pirate badge doesnt sit comfy with you Sargas and it makes you feel all ickky and uncomfy, knock on the door of a mining & trading corp for sanctuary. There are some great (non-raiding) enterprises and projects on the project board ;)

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 01:57:53 PM »

We got us plenty of non-raiding opportunities here as well.  I think what bothers Sargas is something that has bothered me some since we first met you.  Since the beginning you automatically assumed we were all pirates.  Of course I have hoped over time you have to come to realize that isn't the case.  But you can think how you want.  it doesn't bother me much anymore.  We know what kind of players we are. lol
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: