Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 11:51:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: GCA For Sale  (Read 23545 times)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2018, 06:59:27 AM »

just wondering as it followed my post

no harm, no foul

my offer stands as an emergency boss.

GCA's not as useful as hoped - no new players are using it to buy mods and get out of Ring 1 -, but still of occasional value to major players.  Worth stabilizing a bit more..

Let's see if the other GCA Founders are interested in amending the charter to allow alts of the leaders of the Top 4 corps to join as Sponsors?  You won't all quit or the game's dead anyway ;-)

Notion is Sponsors take on 1 active role: initiating and holding a 48-hour simple poll among themselves on whether to replace an absent or unresponsive Leader, and with whom, and whether to reinstate the former Leader should they once again become available to serve.

This assumes a Leader can be kicked.  GCA Sponsors have all priv except setting Ranks, and can Kick members.  Can a Leader be kicked like any other member, by anyone with kicking priv?  Can only the Leader set rank due to AG, or is that part of Corp setup? - Thanks!

Raphael, Odlid, Cliff, Pokeboy what do you think?

No problem with me.

Sorry guys - I'm on holiday and went hiking today.  I'm just now seeing this.

I tried to send the QP to Raphael and there is a bit of a snag.  I am a premium member but I still cannot send QP because I never finished the SEA courses.  I still at the 'go mine some poop' step 19.  I'm configuring a frigate with armor plating and a viper squad (prerequisites it seems) and will go mine 100^3 worth of stuff somewhere.  I have no idea how much more of SEA I have to go so I'll grind through it until I can send you the QP.

I liked being able to say "I'm a SEA dropout" but now I won't be able to do so! confused 2 14

When are you planning to graduate? lol
Report to moderator   Logged
Pokeboy
Sergeant

Exploring Space and Humanity Simultaneously

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2018, 09:57:55 AM »

We can make the top 4 sponsors, but I don't think it will help the success of the GCA. The only people left playing AG are able to get the modules they want easily enough. I might get modules if I could, but they are too expensive, and while a loan from the GCA is a tempting offer, I'm smart enough to know I would never pay it off. There just aren't enough active players in the AG community to sustain an organization like the GCA.

Also, thanks Odlid.

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex
Galactic Commerce Association Founder

Dominus custodiet me, ut ab amicis meis epularer; Possum tractamus inimicos meos.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2018, 10:25:35 AM »

I have to agree, Pokeboy.
This is the third 'super-corporation' attempted.
For a good lesson in folly, read the posts up there ^ called "Child Board" and see some of the difficulties of attempting to unify the galaxy.  wallbash
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:27:41 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Odlid
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2018, 10:55:40 AM »

When are you planning to graduate? lol

I finished last night - total PIA because I had thrown away the Viper and Iridium shields so I had to manufacture them, I forgot how exacting those things were which led to a couple backtracks to Earth,  etc.  But I now proudly display my Space Exploration Academy "GED" certificate on my wall!
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2018, 01:08:07 PM »

For a good lesson in folly, read the posts up there ^ called "Child Board" and see some of the difficulties of attempting to unify the galaxy.  wallbash

"Galactic Council"?  Fascinating read - especially how roles have changed over a comparatively few years (Thanks)!

GCA is far more modest by intent, need served, and design - it (should) provide a safe (Earth based) place for trade among players of different corps.  No reason why even declared enemies couldn't trade (except mutual spite ;-)

am disheartened re GCA because lack of interest shows lack of new players with enough emotional engagement to stick around, and without new players everything equilibrates (coarse restatement of 2nd Law of Thermodynamics ;-)  Fortunately that takes a long time - lots still to learn and do.
Pokeboy
Sergeant

Exploring Space and Humanity Simultaneously

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2018, 01:49:31 PM »

I have read what happened to the GC. It was really the reason I started reading the forums, to read about this intriguing story. It also was what the GCA was originally based off of, but now it is so different...

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex
Galactic Commerce Association Founder

Dominus custodiet me, ut ab amicis meis epularer; Possum tractamus inimicos meos.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2018, 07:49:27 PM »

"Galactic Council"?  Fascinating read - especially how roles have changed over a comparatively few years (Thanks)!

GCA is far more modest by intent, need served, and design - it (should) provide a safe (Earth based) place for trade among players of different corps.  No reason why even declared enemies couldn't trade (except mutual spite ;-)

am disheartened re GCA because lack of interest shows lack of new players with enough emotional engagement to stick around, and without new players everything equilibrates (coarse restatement of 2nd Law of Thermodynamics ;-)  Fortunately that takes a long time - lots still to learn and do.

I never wanted GCA to be a unifying force. I just wanted a way for people to trade, and I wanted to keep it as simple as possible (no tax, no drama).  1

The previous attempts of a galactic council didn't work because I wasn't inclined to support it (to put it mildly).

Future attempts also won't be supported by SSS.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2018, 02:13:31 AM »

Trade IS unifying  12
caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2018, 06:28:46 PM »

How much for 10 QP? 1

Heyo! Join PF for a 30 QP compensation after 3 weeks and confirmation that you're going to stay!
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2018, 07:08:53 AM »

How much for 10 QP? 1

confused
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2018, 12:53:02 PM »

How much for 10 QP? 1

in the pledge system, you can get a MKI of either of these two modules for 10QP:

Power Armor Marines Assault Unit

Cloning Facility   

or do you mean in the private sector?

The Empire equates QP into solari (50,000 each). So, a half-million credit.
Research how much is the cost for the raw material it takes to manufacture a module, add 10%, and place your order for that module.
PM me in the game.

Other traders may have different rates.

edit for standard reason number 1
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 12:55:56 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: