Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 01:18:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Spin the stars/planets/stations  (Read 7125 times)
Solaryx
Private

Commander of my little ship

View Profile WWW
« on: September 04, 2018, 07:44:58 PM »

Hi all,

I'm new to this game, I just found it, as such I think I see it, the interface, the look, the feel of it, with some fresh eyes

so one first thing that I see it could improve the game in a cosmetic way, is to give a small-slow animation spin to the stars/planets/stations

yes, I know it's just a cosmetic aspect, we can do without it as well, as you all are doing already since the game was launched, so it's not urgent, is not critical either

but, for a newbie like me, just joining in, I'd say the look is also important - not critical, but important - and having a small animation to spin the stars, the planets, the stations, brings a bit of realism and makes it more exciting in my humble opinion

maybe this suggestion was already posted by someone else, maybe it was already addressed, and that's OK, if I'm not the first, it means indeed we could use some improvement in this area - there is always room for improvement, I hope you all agree on that

that being said, I came here in fact, from another similar game - I won't mention names, as it's not the time or place - but the first thing I noticed here, was the static starts/planets/stations, the lack of their spin, that will imply the life of the space, or the universe we all operate under - hence, to me, is lacking realism

yes, it's a game simulation, I know that, but some minim level of realism and authenticity is expected, even if it's a game

or it's just me, the perfectionist in me... hehe...

either way, if possible to implement, simply cosmetic or not, I don't think adding a spin animation will hurt the overall performance of the game for users - but that's for the devs to decide

thank you
Report to moderator   Logged

*** The greatest power is when you have it, but you don't need to use it ***
Gildavinor
Corporal

Master Gildavinor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 09:34:47 AM »

That is an interesting suggestion. I'm not a coder, so I don't know what would be involved in adding animation, but my fear is that it would slow down the server, due to the sheer number of objects that would need to be animated.

Master - League of Extraordinary Pirates
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 01:18:21 PM »

That is an interesting suggestion. I'm not a coder, so I don't know what would be involved in adding animation, but my fear is that it would slow down the server, due to the sheer number of objects that would need to be animated.

HTML5 or Javascript put the animation burden on the clientside.  Think it's more the programming burden ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: