Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 03:11:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mutual Mining Agreement  (Read 34604 times)
Gildavinor
Corporal

Master Gildavinor

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2018, 05:40:22 AM »

Mutual Mining Agreement As debated on and passed by the SPQNR Senate

Whereas there is much expense in time and effort, as well as fuel costs involved in locating a Prospector Treasure(PT) and Whereas conflict and miscommunication have occurred in the past concerning claims on PT deposits We, (SPQNR), offer this Treaty as a guideline for future use in the hopes of avoiding said conflicts and frustrations.

We consider the stealing of a marked claim an egregious offense, equal in severity to the hijacking of a wreck under investigation in the Alien Cluster.
A claim is considered marked by placing an unoccupied level 1 mining module in the first slot on the planet surface.

**When searching for a PT it is incumbent upon the miner to first examine the planet surface and to survey the planet in order to determine whether there is an existing PT there prior to talking to your prospector.**
When a prospector indicates a deposit there are several cases and options that may exist.

Case 1.
There is no other claimed PT there.
Option 1 … Immediately begin mining operations
Option 2 … Offer the Deposit for sale, (see sale of deposits below)

Case 2.
There is an obvious PT already present, but it is unmarked, therefore unclaimed.
Praise your luck … see case 1

Case 3.
There is already a PT there that is being mined by another player/Corp.
Option 1a … Declare your intent to mine the PT you just discovered, (it is your responsibility to contact the present miner and declare this intent)
Option 1b … In the event that there are free slots available on the planet surface, utilize those slots to mine your new PT, leaving the other PT untouched.
Option 2 … Offer the new PT for sale to the current miner. The current miner is under no obligation to buy it. (It is your responsibility to contact the current miner and negotiate a price)

Case 4.
There is a PT already present that is marked for sale.
Option 1 … buy it and mine both it and the new one you just found. (as always it is your responsibility to contact the other owner and negotiate a price)
Option 2 ... Leave it alone and mine only the PT that you just found.
Option 3 … Mark the new PT by placing a marker unit in the next available slot and offer it for sale to the owner of the current PT. Again, the current miner is under no obligation to buy it. (as always, etc. etc.)

Sales of Deposits; If there is a marker unit in the first slot on the planet surface that indicates that the PT deposit there is for sale. Contact the owner to negotiate the price.

Signatories to this agreement are bound by it. Any violations must be addressed through the Corporation leadership.

Non signatories that violate this agreement are subject to reprisals including, but not limited to, destruction of all property present at the point of violation.

Corporation leaders that want their entire Corporation to take part in this agreement may indicate such in a reply to this post. Otherwise players will be added as signatories on an individual basis. I will edit the signatories to this post as they apply.

Signatories:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:42:56 AM by Gildavinor » Report to moderator   Logged

Master - League of Extraordinary Pirates
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 12:32:41 PM »

Will it be possible to see the menu of claimed deposits, so we can enact trade?

Or will we just have to come across a planet and then contact you to see what you are selling.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 03:01:09 PM »

also:

Whereas there is much expense in time and effort, as well as fuel costs involved in locating a Prospector Treasure(PT) and Whereas conflict and miscommunication have occurred in the past concerning claims on PT deposits We, (SPQNR), offer this Treaty as a guideline for future use in the hopes of avoiding said conflicts and frustrations.

We consider the stealing of a marked claim an egregious offense, equal in severity to the hijacking of a wreck under investigation in the Alien Cluster.
A claim is considered marked by placing an unoccupied level 1 mining module in the first slot on the planet surface.

Claim must be documented and available upon request.
How do I claim a new deposit if all the slots are occupied?

**When searching for a PT it is incumbent upon the miner to first examine the planet surface and to survey the planet in order to determine whether there is an existing PT there prior to talking to your prospector.**
When a prospector indicates a deposit there are several cases and options that may exist.

?  so, just sit back and feed your prospectors better food than they had on their own and come back later…
No, if your prospector finds a deposit tell whoever is mining there that you claim the one you found and payed for. Log it and ask them how much longer they will be mining.

Case 1.

Case 2.
There is an obvious PT already present, but it is unmarked, therefore unclaimed.

Case 3.
Option 1a … Declare your intent to mine the PT you just discovered, (it is your responsibility to contact the present miner and declare this intent)
Option 1b … In the event that there are free slots available on the planet surface, utilize those slots to mine your new PT, leaving the other PT untouched.
Option 2 … Offer the new PT for sale to the current miner. The current miner is under no obligation to buy it. (It is your responsibility to contact the current miner and negotiate a price)

Case 4.
Option 1 … buy it and mine both it and the new one you just found. (as always it is your responsibility to contact the other owner and negotiate a price)
Option 3 … Mark the new PT by placing a marker unit in the next available slot and offer it for sale to the owner of the current PT. Again, the current miner is under no obligation to buy it. (as always, etc. etc.)

Sales of Deposits; If there is a marker unit in the first slot on the planet surface that indicates that the PT deposit there is for sale. Contact the owner to negotiate the price.

Request to see all menus of deposits for sale
if it is for sale, advertise it, don't mke me come around and have to ask "How much is that doggy in the window, the one with the waggling tail..."

Signatories to this agreement are bound by it. Any violations must be addressed through the Corporation leadership.

Non signatories that violate this agreement are subject to reprisals including, but not limited to, destruction of all property present at the point of violation.

Clarification required on what  exactly is ‘all property’?

Corporation leaders that want their entire Corporation to take part in this agreement may indicate such in a reply to this post. Otherwise players will be added as signatories on an individual basis. I will edit the signatories to this post as they apply.

Signatories:

More to come, I’m sure

(edit- the red is my response)

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 03:40:53 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 03:26:47 AM »

also:

Claim must be documented and available upon request.
How do I claim a new deposit if all the slots are occupied?

See Case 3

?  so, just sit back and feed your prospectors better food than they had on their own and come back later…
No, if your prospector finds a deposit tell whoever is mining there that you claim the one you found and payed for. Log it and ask them how much longer they will be mining.

The problem here is that someone is making a claim of the wrong deposit, so there is 2 claim of the same deposit.. (Seen in SPQNR) to prevent this, you need make a surface scan and take a look at the deposits, before the PT is activated.

Case 1.

Case 2.

Case 3.

Case 4.

Request to see all menus of deposits for sale
if it is for sale, advertise it, don't mke me come around and have to ask "How much is that doggy in the window, the one with the waggling tail..."

Look here https://i.postimg.cc/KzFmDwpr/SPQNR-_Deposit_Page.jpg

Clarification required on what  exactly is ‘all property’?

I'm not a consul member, so I can't clarify this.

Signatories:

More to come, I’m sure

(edit- the red is my response)

My response is in green

Gildavinor
Corporal

Master Gildavinor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 11:30:00 AM »

Will it be possible to see the menu of claimed deposits, so we can enact trade?

Or will we just have to come across a planet and then contact you to see what you are selling.

Originally the scope of the treaty was to cover those incidences where a prospector led you to a planet on which there was already a PT that was marked as claimed. We mark them as a matter of course for trade within SPQNR and it has caused some confusion.

However, after consulting NoBrain, (the local mining god), he has indicated a willingness to share our "list" with signatories of the agreement.

As to the reprisal clause ... It would mean that any mining modules on the surface, as well as any orbitals protecting them would be sacrificed. This applies only to non-signatories who squatted on a marked claim. This is well within our capability with any but the most powerful players, and the most powerful are the least likely to resort to squatting in the first place.

Signatories would be given the chance to work things out diplomatically with the Corporation's Executive Counsel. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:33:59 AM by Gildavinor » Report to moderator   Logged

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 05:30:14 PM »

read

how are you calculating pricing?
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 05:42:42 PM »

read

45+ slots   25% round up
5-44 slots  15% round up
4 slots       10% round up

In SPQNR we use diamonds, but we need to use QP for cross corp

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 06:33:29 PM »

read

45+ slots   25% round up
5-44 slots  15% round up
4 slots       10% round up

In SPQNR we use diamonds, but we need to use QP for cross corp

round up what?
the deposit value?
the purchase price?

I don't want to nit-pick, but the Empire is this close to voting: :

The Empire has a way to pay in diamonds (the 'Gold Standard' for the galaxy)...
   ...only requires trust...
Gildavinor
Corporal

Master Gildavinor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 06:40:02 PM »

Percentage is of the deposit value. The easiest way to make a payment between players from different Corps, (without involving the GCA), would be in Quantum Points.

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 08:09:07 PM »

Percentage is of the deposit value.

That is my concern. It seems to me that a sliding fee based upon the size of the planet is not acceptable.
Why would I pay more for the same amount of Gold found on a large site instead of a small site? I would prefer a MSRP of 10% of the deposit value + the cost for the map (yeah, I know. more bookkeeping). That will give us the ability to have sales once in a while.

The easiest way to make a payment between players from different Corps, (without involving the GCA), would be in Quantum Points.

The Empire has a way to trade without involving the GCA and will pay in diamonds for services rendered and accept diamonds in payment for services rendered. The only requirement is trust.

Gildavinor
Corporal

Master Gildavinor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 08:58:51 PM »

Concerning the sliding fee. I believe the idea stems from the speed at which the resource can be harvested, but as I've said before, I'm just a noob and there is a lot I don't understand. I would think/hope that this could be negotiable.

As for payment in diamonds, and trust issues, I have never seen any evidence that you, specifically, could not be trusted. I can't say that for everyone in other Corps, nor do I speak for everyone in my Corp. This again should be a non issue in my opinion, at least when dealing with EOS.

I am in the unique position of being one of the newest members of the game, newest member of my Corp, and being elected into an office on the executive counsel. And they allow me to author this agreement ... What were they thinking?

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 09:21:55 PM »

They know talent when they see it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 09:25:21 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Gildavinor
Corporal

Master Gildavinor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 09:31:36 PM »

You are either very kind or you're as daft as they are, (I shouldn't discount the possibility that both are true).  5

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 09:52:06 PM »

QP have 2 prices: on price if you buy it; on price when you sell it. I think this fact disqualify QP as payment.

Like sargas proposed, I am also in favor of diamonds as payment.

As for the difference in price based on the size of the planet, I can see the logic behind it. The only thing is: I do not know if I agree with it. (I know that I would not mine a size 4 planet, not worth it for me)

(I edited it like it is common practice in our corp (I do not know why?))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 09:57:11 PM by Matamaure001 » Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 11:21:34 PM »

QP have 2 prices: on price if you buy it; on price when you sell it. I think this fact disqualify QP as payment.

Like sargas proposed, I am also in favor of diamonds as payment.

As for the difference in price based on the size of the planet, I can see the logic behind it. The only thing is: I do not know if I agree with it. (I know that I would not mine a size 4 planet, not worth it for me)

(I edited it like it is common practice in our corp (I do not know why?))

Fair point, on agreeing to the pricing. We've had one or two guys who offered a different pricing system (which was also considered fair, but much more work). I'm sure people who sign up to this agreement for, say, an x% flatrate, would also be welcomed with open arms.

As for the QP, we always calculate them as worth $1M. Yes, they sell for only $50K, but surely no one does THAT? :o

Besides, diamonds, like all mats, have a different sale/purchase prices, too. When used as a currency, we take the lower value of $1750/m3, the Earth sale price (like the Empire, we prefer not to do business with Sol stations though ;) )
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: