Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 08:45:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: new methods of prospect mining.  (Read 20053 times)
kurama
Private

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2018, 05:40:11 AM »

Suggestions for Sir Emi, To keep this gap between the new player (low-level slow miners) from the top players (speed miners)  a little balanced, the Over-Powered PT mining should be controlled, say prospect missions should be given out not from SOS signals but from a SOL mining station, at which those stations be randomply spawn across AG, home or ARC cluster for players to locate and get their prospect missions from. These stations will only stay in orbit for a limited time, hence players can also sell/buy gas/minerals from them in a temporary way than bring their ships back to Earth and out, back&forth over and over, at their will. not to eliminate the SOS missions,
but to put the SOS signals focused into rescue missions, such as supplying fuel and medicines, or something like delivering supples to cerrain locations as for logistics mission as i call it. this SOL outpost stations are somewhat in effect already only confined within the Q 0,0 and the first ring, well without the prospect missions taken from them, why not apply this to the whole AG quadrants. after all the stations will surely be temporary because of the nova cycle being applied. Hope Sir Ermi reads this and leave a comment if it is good or not, he is the owner of AG after all.
Report to moderator   Logged
SteveCrab
Private

Taking the A out of AI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 12:08:32 PM »

Good comment K - I miss talking to you now I am an outcast from SPQNR.
Report to moderator   Logged

AG Mining Deposit list - http://orion.cbhp.com.au/deposit.php - access open to all

Dr Noonian Soong is currently considering all membership applications.
Scripting assistance and code provided.
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 12:29:26 AM »

1. OP, can you explain how this reduces the gap between low level players (slow miners) and high level players (fast miners).

2. And you say PT mining is overpowered. Do you mean prospector missions are overpowered? Can you explain and how.

In my own experience, mining profit is mediocre, and it's more time consuming (and risky because you can lose miners and stations to PvP) than COM's. When I first started out, I did a lot of mining and enjoyed it. It's easy to do if you find vacant planets and somehow it made more sense to me than COMs. I guess what I didn't like about mining was it didn't scale. I enjoyed just finding a planet with a decent deposit and stripping it. But the deposits didn't get better (like into the millions of solars) unless I did prospector missions.

Right now, I'm going to experiment with doing prospector missions and stripping gas giants as a side activity. One thing I found during my play is it's not fun to do just one thing. Like JUST doing COMs. I like variety, so it's nice, if you got the time, to have a ships doing SOS, COM, exploring alien sectors and mining.

Look forward to your repy.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 12:47:25 AM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: