Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 06:04:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Another attempt at acquiring Astro-Galaxy  (Read 7981 times)
Capernick
Private

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2020, 03:48:56 PM »

Unlike the previous attempt by SteveCrab, this time, I am actually interested in improving the game.

Currently, we are negotiating price, but I am interested in fund-raising at least 45,000 USD for the acquisition. If numbers work out correctly, that is 300 USD per Astro-Galaxy player. I myself do not have a strong coding background (I am a banker and a finance analyst) but I am looking for people with both coding skills and liquid capital to invest in this venture.

My idea for this venture is as follows: 45,000 USD shall be divided into 45,000 shares worth $1 each. Profits from the game will be directly divided by shareholder, at the end of every calendar year. To facilitate involvement in Astro-Galaxy and commitment to making the game better, shareholders must log into Astro-Galaxy at least once every calendar year, or said shareholder will forfeit their share. Furthermore, share acquisitions are non-refundable under any circumstance, barring sales of said share to other players (shareholders are permitted to sell their shares to others; however they MUST inform me prior, during, and after the transaction). Sold shares are subject to the same rules as normal shares, and the new owner must comply with the requirements listed above. Shareholders are also expected to have a PayPal account to facilitate monetary transfers. Share purchases with significant figures (decimal points) will be automatically rounded down to the nearest whole number.

Furthermore, developers that will help the game assuming the transaction goes through will receive 100 bonus shares or a 5% bonus on top of their original share value, whichever is greater. If that developer leaves the game or no longer contributes to the game, they will forfeit bonus shares. Similarly, new players that become developers will receive 100 shares.

I am here for any questions.

Those who are ready to invest should follow the following steps:
1. Determine share ownership
2. Transfer the required amount of money to https://paypal.me/lucaneo
3. Submit an entry in the format "Real Name - Game Username - Share Amount - Transaction ID" to https://tellonym.me/astro_galaxy - note it is possible to claim fewer shares than you would other wise deserve if you wish to donate to the game

Thank you for reading!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 03:55:54 PM by Capernick » Report to moderator   Logged
Capernick
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 03:50:48 PM »

REMAINING SHARES AVAILABLE: 45,000
Report to moderator   Logged
RegnadKcin
Sergeant

Nunc est bibendum - Quintus Horatius Flaccus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 07:43:40 PM »

I'm curious... (though, TOTALLY not interested). Where did you come up with the magical $45k number?
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 09:16:04 PM »

was kinda wondering the same thing...
Capernick
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 02:56:32 PM »

I'm curious... (though, TOTALLY not interested). Where did you come up with the magical $45k number?

after negotiations with siremi plus $5,000 to upgrade hardware and operate maintenance costs...
RegnadKcin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 09:15:47 PM »

after negotiations with siremi plus $5,000 to upgrade hardware and operate maintenance costs...

LOL! And yet the money goes to you? Lemme know how many suckers fall for that...  I'll add them to the "Too Stupid to be Senators" list.
Capernick
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 01:43:45 AM »

LOL! And yet the money goes to you? Lemme know how many suckers fall for that...  I'll add them to the "Too Stupid to be Senators" list.

there's paperwork and documentation you know... unlike crabs fellow human beings have due process.
Gildavinor
Corporal

Master Gildavinor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 06:10:04 AM »

I think you'll find most players here to adopt a "once bitten - twice shy" outlook to investing in this venture. However, if you are really serious I need some more information before I invest any real money, let me see your business plan:

1. How are you planning to market the game to draw in new players?

2. What kind of improvements are you making? (be exact here ... new hardware?, Software upgrades? game improvements?).

3. Who are your developers? (Their resumes? experience?).

4. How soon/often can we expect game updates? Can you set up a ZOOM meeting with you and the developers so that potential investors can ask questions and provide feedback?

I'm anxiously waiting a reply.

Master - League of Extraordinary Pirates
RegnadKcin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 08:27:59 AM »

there's paperwork and documentation you know...

Says you...
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 09:22:27 AM »

coffee1
Capernick
Private

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 12:31:06 PM »

I think you'll find most players here to adopt a "once bitten - twice shy" outlook to investing in this venture. However, if you are really serious I need some more information before I invest any real money, let me see your business plan:

1. How are you planning to market the game to draw in new players?
I intend to market Astro-Galaxy through Google and Facebook ads, potentially even through Youtube (Google component) ads. Furthermore, I intend to implement an incremental referral-to-QP scheme where users can refer others, for QP rewards; i.e. one referral gets 5QP, when they reach 50,000 power rating, another 5QP, 100,000, 10QP, etc etc.

2. What kind of improvements are you making? (be exact here ... new hardware?, Software upgrades? game improvements?).
Excellent question. I have a number of goals in mind - primarily, however, game improvements. From what I can tell, software and hardware have been holding on for a decent while, so I can hold off on those updates for a good amount of time.

I primarily expect game improvements to happen, in the following priority listed below:
1. Improving and updating the Academy to a more user-friendly format. Often, many new players are turned away by the huge vomiting of text that is the SEA. I intend to change/update the Academy with such user-friendly features as UI overlays to make the 20step process easier to comprehend.

2. Expanding the alien sector/other sectors. I intend to add more alien-cluster mountable modules in addition to the Death-Ray, such as an Alien Shield (+150% defense against personnel, 65,000 shield at Mk1) - though this will require player input. I also want to add more clusters into the game, such as a second "human" sector and later a second "alien" sector - the former possibly having a "central marketplace" similar to Sol at the center, plus star decay protection for the first ring... giving new players a slightly more even playing advantage.

3. Long overdue UI updates. I want to minimize the amount of text players face, by changing some of the game mechanics, such as battles, to a more interactive Adobe Flash-style layout. Possible additional enhancements include user-designed strategies, like choosing which weapon to strike with, and changing specific weapon strike strategies mid-battle. Of course, for obvious victories, there will be a "quick resolve" option to avoid the hassle - this new battle mechanic system should only be used for particularly tough or even battles.

EDIT: There should also be free station price fixing, and the ability to sell even more products, minerals (vs 15 cap), even POWs (human triafficking? Opps) and modules at stations, facilitating free-market trade.

3. Who are your developers? (Their resumes? experience?).
I am currently looking for developers, primarily from current players who are already well versed with the game dynamics and structure.

4. How soon/often can we expect game updates? Can you set up a ZOOM meeting with you and the developers so that potential investors can ask questions and provide feedback?
When we can locate developers, we can most certainly set up a Zoom meeting with the devs and I. Furthermore, I expect the first, Academy-related update to begin rolling out three to four months after the beginning. Successive updates will occur between three to nine months thereafter, depending on the size of the update and the time required to program/test the updates.

I'm anxiously waiting a reply.

Please note though, I am a busy person (a banker and financial analyst, as I said before), so I will check with developers only once a month or so. As a result, I expect to have a "Contact Staff" option where players can individually request status updates and suggest ideas. Furthermore, I expect our developers to publish "teasers" in the News, so players know what is coming up.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 12:43:43 PM by Capernick » Report to moderator   Logged
Capernick
Private

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 12:35:09 PM »

there's paperwork and documentation you know...

Says you...

Certainly. Being a banker (more specifically, an investment banker), I have a plethora of experience in this area. Furthermore, these are legal documents that can be held to account.
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 08:16:25 PM »

Whats the possibility of you investing all the 45000 usd yourself and taking full ownership of shares?

Because I really doubt anyone's gonna pay 300 USD

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2020, 04:19:40 AM »

I wish you luck Capernick..  12

I'm not going to use any more money or develop time on AG...  and I can't understand why this is up again under a year after last freud..

Last time I used $110 of real money and got nothing.. (We got a new instance orion, ment for testing of new improvement for real AG) I used a total 5 days programing time without any improvement getting to real AG..

Sir Emi is really getting funds for nothing.. you want to invest $45K on a game, without any development for the last 5 years (Oct 30, 2015)

You know, active players are around 100 and that is including alts..
Players: 85 (Power change in last 30 days)
Players: 146 (Power change in last 180 days).

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi
Herod
Private

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 05:50:27 AM »

I wouldn't want to be dismissive of anyone who wants to improve the game, but I think there are a couple of issues to consider:

1. I think you're being asked to pay far too much. I wouldn't advise paying more than 3x annual income. Have no idea what revenue AG generated last year, but I'd be surprised if it were over $13,000, given how few players there are.
2. The game is not set up for revenue generation. Once a player reaches a certain level, in-game income can be so high that it is easy to buy all required QP from solars and there's no incentive to put money into the game. I suspect more revenue would be generated if players received 10x the amount of QP per dollar – that would at least give beginners and intermediate players a big enough boost to be worth the investment.

Also, if your purchase were successful, there are lessons that can be learnt from the last attempt. For example, agree and rigorously UAT test each proposed change thoroughly before implementation. Last time, I spent about three weeks thoroughly testing the second instance, but far too many changes were made at the same time and every change affected so many other areas that, not unexpectedly, the gameplay fell apart. Go slowly, one change at a time, with plenty of opportunity for experienced players to advise on the possible negative side-effects prior to development, then thorough testing in the test environment before implementation.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: