Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  May 01, 2024, 04:32:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing fuel when moving cargo  (Read 5898 times)
Jaqvaar
Private

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2012, 02:01:59 AM »

confused
This has happened to me twice, so it's probably a bug.
I often move cargo around in order to make space in one ship (for example, to deliver a module which will be upgraded, thus freeing space again, or move a module which will be installed straightaway). When I do this, I usually just click on the items to be moved, including passengers and fuel, and type "9999" at the bottom box. 99% of the time it works fine.

However, twice already, my fuel disappeared in the process. Once I was on my orbital station in GJ, but this time it happened in Sol. I moved 2 modules (mining machines) plus 333 of fuel from one ship to another. The miners arrived fine on the second ship, but the fuel did not. I double-checked and had 0 fuel on the first ship, but only 40 on the second (which is what it had from before). There was plenty of space on the second ship.

I think maybe the bug is caused when the resource moved exists also on the destination ship. But it only happens when you combine the transfer with other things, like modules. If I move fuel back and forth on its own there's no problem.
Report to moderator   Logged
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:54:32 AM »

Aye,

You could be onto something there. Here i was thinking that some squab was stealling it, but if its due to some technical fault as you say then i can rest assured that my crew is all solid.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:12:21 AM »

I found and fixed it and it should work properly now.
It happened on rare occasion when a module was being transferred before the fuel.
Thank you for the detailed description, it helps to pinpoint the bug.

Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 01:44:38 PM »

I think there is still a problem here.

I just transfered 5 modules from the cargo bay in one ship to the cargo bay in another.

Ill eat my hat but im pretty sure, i had over 100 aluminium in the target ship prior to the transfer and now theres only 15 .

Im 99% certain about this because i was planning on upgrading some science modules with it. thank heavens the gold is still there. but perhapes is should go count it. again.

note i also un-installed some cargo bays on the target ship (all without warning that there wasnt enough cvargo space available) and i used that new module organising function to shift some SLB's and some Cargo pods around. could potentially have happened then as well.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 03:58:09 PM »

Alright, please let me know if anything else disappears. I can't see how moving a few modules could affect the resource amount there but I'll run a few tests. The ordering of modules should not affect cargo in any way.

Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 02:40:42 AM »

Yeah been thinking about this. I actually wonder if it didnt occur when i moved the CAB's about on my ship.

My cargo must have been very close to being full at that time. If you try and un-equip a CAB and put it into cargo you need at least 200m of free space, more if its been upgraded.

I cant help wondering if the new shuffle modules in your ship script doesnt do something like unequip and reequip but without a check for cargo.... that could perhapesexplain cargo dissapearing and Aluminium is also the first mineral type alphabetically...

And when alls said and done i could have imagined it...but im 99% sure i didnt. I will pay more attention next time im transfering stuff around though.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 07:39:29 AM »

The ordering of modules about the ship doesn't actually uninstall the module, it just updates the position on the ship, so it shouldn't affect the cargo bay. Also, if you for some reason become overloaded, the cargo wouldn't be ejected, you just wouldn't be able to move the ship until you manually eject some stuff...

norill
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 04:53:52 PM »

i had a similar issue, when transferring chlorine and modules from ship to station all chlorine disappeared.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: