Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 16, 2024, 11:48:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hi I'm JamJulLison  (Read 10337 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2012, 05:35:49 AM »

Hi I am JamJulLison. Real name is James but online I prefer JamJulLison and other variations of this name. I captain of the.......well I haven't renamed my ship yet.  I am still in the training. I decided to go ahead and join the forums. If anyone has any tips for me, I would greatly appreciate them.
Report to moderator   Logged
Sydney
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:13:58 AM »

Finish the tutorial

Dont under any circumstances sell your 'big reward' at the end of the tutorial.

Dont Waste QP during the tutorial, only spend what you have too, save them untill finished.

Syd Happens
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 08:16:28 AM »

That is what I am doing more or less. I have played plenty of browser games. So I know some of the what I should do and should not dos on some things.  So far I got to say I am liking this.  I already got in mind what kind of player I am likely to be. Though I am liable to make enemies in the process.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »

welcome, hope you enjoy the game 1

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 11:23:16 AM »

welcome, hope you enjoy the game 1

Thanks. So far I am quite addicted. Though interstellar travel kinda sucks in the early game. Dang academy made me do some. lol
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 11:28:57 AM »

Though I am liable to make enemies in the process.

Oh so you like to be popular too?
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 11:32:07 AM »

Oh so you like to be popular too?

Not popular. But infamous can be fun. Though I doubt I will be doing much to make me infamous in the early game. That is going to be mostly research and upgrading my ships.
sargas
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 11:03:20 PM »

You can run, but can you hide?
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 08:48:22 AM »

We dont hide, but can you find us?
Heretic
Private

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 11:31:34 PM »

Oh, pirates. How delightful.  21

Welcome to the game, James! Its a bit complicated, but pretty easy to learn and quite fun once you get the hang of it. If you have any questions, or ever need help with anything, shoot me a PM! 1 good luck!

“There is a theory which states that if ever for any reason anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened”
- D. Adams
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 07:42:08 AM »

I have gotten the hang of things pretty well. Only took 2 days to finish my training and I am in OX now. I am already having fun in the SOL System. The game seems pretty easy to play. Haven't had trouble figuring out much. 

@sargas
You can find one of my ships cruising along mostly in the SOL system at the moment running transport missions and raiding people when I happen to spot a target that looks weaker then me.  The other is usually parked at Earth taking care of all the research that needs to be done. Can't neglect science after all. You won't really find any mines of mine though since I am not dumb enough to set any up. In the early game it is obvious that attempting to mine is foolish. In the late game it might be good though. If you do find one of my ships there is a good chance it will jump before you can attack it or you will see it parked at Earth or in a safe zone. Some might say it is cowardly to not leave my ship out in a combat area, but in my opinion it is just foolish to leave a ship just sitting at a planet where it can be attacked. It is just asking for trouble.
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »

it is just foolish to leave a ship just sitting at a planet where it can be attacked. It is just asking for trouble.

As they say, ask and ye shall recieve. Were just giving people what they wanted ;)  or why would they ask?
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 11:27:06 AM »

it is just foolish to leave a ship just sitting at a planet where it can be attacked. It is just asking for trouble.

As they say, ask and ye shall recieve. Were just giving people what they wanted ;)  or why would they ask?

Your right there. That is why I attack ships weaker then my own on sight. Especially when they are offline.  If you don't want your ship attacked and damaged, best to park a ship in a safe area. I know I sure sleep better knowing my ships are safe.
sargas
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 09:34:26 PM »

...I have to agree.  I sleep much better at night knowing that my Caddy is parked in the garage and not out on the street.

<<Pay attention, people.  Information is a commodity and is for sale.  The little tips that are provided here (in the forums) are put here as a public service...

...transmission ends zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: