Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 26, 2024, 05:23:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gold Rushes  (Read 2250 times)
Sydney
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2012, 07:30:51 AM »

I have an aditionl Suggesting that is related to both my Additional Missions Suggestions and the Resource spawning suggestion.

I think it would be really fun/interesting if occasionally SOL Corp announced that a survey team has reported finding a good amount of one of the rare/valuable resources in a specific Asteroid belt. Or that a bubble of rare gas has risen to the surface of a gas giant.

This should be restricted to the large (100+ slot) Asteroid belts, and Gas Giants. It would create a sort of a gold rush effect. with all the good old fasioned intrigues that go with that. Some players/corps may try to hog it all others may go for a highspeed removal effort. Pirates would be in the mix trying to steal peoples stuff... restricting it to the largest asteroid belts & gas giants would allow more people to participate, im sure some may try and 'pre-reserve' or 'block' whole belts in advance.

To stop single players from completely blocking a whole large gas giant or asteroid belt, I propose that space stations deployed at those locations only be able to defend say 20% of the surface area. and that maximal 20% of the deployed modules be able to defend together against a single attacker. an attack against a player with more than 20% surface coverage and only one station in orbit would automatically go against the undefended modules. or it could be simplified to simply 20 modules and applied to all planets/moons/belts. If you have more than 20 modules deployed anywhere then the first attack will be against the un-defended modules. 20 is a nice number that allows large eaths to be blocked/defended but not the larger gas giants and belts, without using additional bases, a ship in system should allways be able to defend against an attack on any deployed modules since its mobile.
Report to moderator   Logged

Syd Happens
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: