Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 07:26:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Big december update: Mining more profitable, balancing and new features  (Read 13272 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »

Q: They can now use QP to do even more missions. not only to speed jumps to COM signals but also to shorten the attack timers, the profits can then be used to purchase more QP, and ship upgrades.

A: Like I stated before, since the QP value went up while mission pay remains the same for COM at at around 2x the power of the mission, then you need to twink twice before spending QP for it. For example, you get 1 mil Solars for destroying a 500k power combat mission ship. To win the mission, you'll need a ship of around 750k power. This all equals to about a 6 hours attack time, meaning you'll need some 6 QP to attack. Now if you spend 6 QP, you gain 1 mil solars, provided you win the fight. If you don't win it, then you just lost the QP, it's a risk. Also sometimes you lose personnel / armor etc. For the reward of 1 mil solars, you can exchange it into 5 QP. So there's not much incentive to use QP to speed up combat missions, unless you've got a really really good ship with low power rating that can blast the combat ship in a lower attack time. Now of course, some players that do donate, they may want to speed up the attack timers a bit, to get more solars / QP, no issue with that if they take the risk of combat. The combat mission pirate ships will only get smarter in time also.

I also intend to keep the same balance between time vs. reward for future COMbat missions, keeping the balance in check.

Ok I acceot the argument about Using QP on Combat missions to adjust the timer. If the rates stay as described then its not a good long term strategy, the QP would be better spent on shortening the jump times to pick up more missions. and only shortening the Attack timers by a small amount rather than reducing them to zero.

I still think the ability to use them in a blitzkreig is nasty. Previously If someone attacks and is vastly superior in power (eg has nukes on board) then i allways had the option to jump into orbit and defend. or perhapes scoop everything and make a hasty retreat, which meant that a battle was never fought entirely under the conditions of the attacker. Using QP to manipulate the attack timer guarantees the attacker that does so that the battle will be fought on their terms. If they have the advantage then they have nothing to fear from the attack.

I very much doubt that QP will be used in pirate raids against undefended planets or even smaller stations, but they might against larger installations where the possibility of a good profit might make the idea interesting, The will however allmost certainly be used on capture/destroy attacks. And in that situation id suggest that the actual QP cost is irrelevant compared to the satisfaction of destroying the target instalation...

If it was made so that QP couldnt shorten the attack bellow say 25% of the initial attack delay then i think that would be reasonable. You could use QP to cut the attack timer to 1/4 of its initial value, but the defender would still have the opportunity to defend. .. another alternative is you cannot shorten it shorter than an hour... or whatever aslong as the defender really does have the option to actively defend.

I am in very much agreement with Sydney here. To someone who makes a lot of money, the current price of QP still isn't much to them. Hell Emi,someone can hardly be doing anything at all in the game and then spend money out on the game to quickly ride up through the rankings like it is nothing. Same with advancing technology.  People won't likely be using these speed ups for combat missions because it would be easier to convert to the cash you need. But someone with a large wallet who had no problem with spending his money to take out space stations and planetary installations likely won't hesitate to use the QP to speed up their attack timer so they can plow through the enemy stations. Especially if it is a player that they are either at war with, a player who has given them problems, or if they really want their mining spot. Even if you only let it take away up to an hour, there are still plenty of targets that can be hit good in under an hour.  I say if QP Is to play a part in the attack timer as all either go with an officer to reduced a set percentage of attack time or allow QP to be used to only halve the attack time. Which can only be used when you start the attack.  Obviously this would be more useful for the larger attacks then the small. With the officer idea, have one for decreasing the attack time of the attacker and have another one for increasing the attack time for the defender. Just to keep it balanced.

Sydney I don't think you have to worry about Jaq doing this. I was chatting with his Corp boss and apparently Jaq feels the same way about this attack timer idea as we do. So I think like us, even if he could afford to do this, he probably won't. Still if a larger player were to do this, they could decimate pretty much everyone with nukes. Well provided the person doesn't have 100% nuke defense. lol
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:43:05 AM by JamJulLison » Report to moderator   Logged
Sydney
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »

Sydney I don't think you have to worry about Jaq doing this. I was chatting with his Corp boss and apparently Jaq feels the same way about this attack timer idea as we do. So I think like us, even if he could afford to do this, he probably won't. Still if a larger player were to do this, they could decimate pretty much everyone with nukes. Well provided the person doesn't have 100% nuke defense. lol

I am not worried Jaqvaar would do this to me, I was worried that someone else might do it to him, or to any other player thats invested a considerable amount of time building up 1 or more star bases.
Report to moderator   Logged

Syd Happens
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: