Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 09:06:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FTL/Wormhole Time Calc Module  (Read 3153 times)
VoidRunner
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2012, 05:23:34 PM »

My idea is to add a module that can decrease, to a certain degree the amount of time it takes to make a jump.  I think it should start a 4% and have it cost a bit for research and a moderate amount for construction, to reflect how in real life how much it costs to develop and make powerful super computers.  Plus, add a cap, lets say 25% time off calc max, and limit each ship too 2 modules so that they can't have 100% off time making for real instant travel, because that would be too extreme.
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:51:14 PM »

I wouldn't have expected this idea from an experienced player. Mostly because the time it takes to jump can already decreased by upgrading the engines. as much as I might like if something like this were to be put in, it would take away from ever needing to upgrade our FTLs and Wormhole Gens.  Thus allowing us to jump around from place to place for a really cheap amount of fuel.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:25:12 AM »

Take a look at this post, working on some new features that will enable you to upgrade a hull type with special optimizations.

The navigation and fuel economy bonuses are reserved for scout ships:

http://forum.astro-galaxy.com/index.php/topic,8275.0.html

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: