Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 24, 2024, 10:28:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Junk Drawer Tips  (Read 20132 times)
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 12:54:25 AM »

Planing in advance: This is what I do all the time.

First you need to understand how to make the most money from the smallest investment (at start it is SOS). Once you find out plan to extrapolate it to the max. With that I know precisely how much money I make per week. Now I know what I can spend.

I have build a spreadsheet that tell me the cost of any ship with any module, the time every module need to build, the cost in research points of any MK for any module. With that information I can research the appropriate tech levels. I can order the appropriate modules so that all needed modules be available at the appropriate time. I do the same for the upgrades. The higher the MK of the modules the more you need to plan because they take longer to build. Some of my modules take now 8 months to build, you can imagine the planing. I have close to 2000 manufacturing bays running full time. Lots of planing, lots of money 1

Do not be afraid, it comes slowly as you learn the game and also only if you want to become a top performer in the game.
Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 01:04:57 AM »

I have close to 2000 manufacturing bays running full time.

Wow.... I didn't expect any less from you, but still. That is baffling  3

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 02:09:51 AM »

W.O.W

3 3

For your information 'planing' is spelt as 'planning'.

And Antilak...are you a mathematician or what? I'm not really bothered to count all these stuff. Back at school, I was terrible with maths, and now I've forgot everything I've learnt. What? "graph linear equations and see where it intersects"??? Duh...  wounded1
And your right about "sprinkling SLBs like rain in the cosmos", every time I do SOS missions, I carry a dozen SLBs and just dump them in the nearest systems. 70k RPs an hour for a sucker like me is really awesome. MAU XXXs!! Woohoo!! Strategic Nukes? Well...close but not yet.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:21:53 AM by Madden » Report to moderator   Logged

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 03:03:52 AM »

French is my mother tongue so you will all have to forget my typos... 1
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 04:21:11 AM »

Oh... 1

At least you learnt a new spelling today  15

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2015, 01:05:43 PM »

Oh... 1

At least you learnt a new spelling today  15

*learned 1

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2015, 01:36:15 PM »

both learned and learnt are correct. It just depends upon which flavour of the language you speak.

http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/learned_learnt.htm

Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2015, 02:02:13 PM »

I'm with Madden, Consul 16
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 07:55:15 PM »

If you guys really want to correct madden, it's "you're right about.."

And your right about "sprinkling SLBs like rain in the cosmos",
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2015, 08:20:50 PM »

-.- dude im typing from my phone.

Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2015, 09:01:28 PM »

W.O.W

3 3

For your information 'planing' is spelt as 'planning'.

And Antilak...are you a mathematician or what? I'm not really bothered to count all these stuff. Back at school, I was terrible with maths, and now I've forgot everything I've learnt. What? "graph linear equations and see where it intersects"??? Duh...  wounded1
And your right about "sprinkling SLBs like rain in the cosmos", every time I do SOS missions, I carry a dozen SLBs and just dump them in the nearest systems. 70k RPs an hour for a sucker like me is really awesome. MAU XXXs!! Woohoo!! Strategic Nukes? Well...close but not yet.
I had to warn em.

The spreadsheet somebody(s) put together:
http://forum.astro-galaxy.com/index.pp/topic,8838.msg73472.html#msg73472

Do what you enjoy. That's what I do. I don't always follow the numbers.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 09:25:53 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
BravoVoid
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2015, 10:27:14 PM »

What a handy li'l info dump, Antilak!   Way cool.  My thanks to all involved in putting this together and disseminating it. 

Notes to newbs like moi:  Spent some time/effort/resources putting together a dedicated Search and Rescue/Combat Assault craft using the goodies generated by SEA graduation.  As a bunch of folks noted in previous posts, getting out into the Great Beyond and running SOS/COM ops ASAP is a goooood thing.  I made some progress putting in a gas station @ Gamma Alpha Centauri.  Plans are to use it to facilitate SOS/COM missions and to maybe make a few pennies.  FYI, it's a public station currently selling Fuel (although there isn't much to trade, yet) and buying Meds and Food.  From other Forum posts, I've gathered that becoming a Merchant isn't too sensible, so far.  Am hedging my bets a bit and hoping that, in the (near?) future, players will be able to set their own prices which would make Commerce a profitable venture.  We'll see...

What are y'all doing to progress?  I'm really interested in your input.

Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 12:35:33 AM »

Im pretty much sending my Scout VII ships to the 4th rings with cargo filled with fuel and meds, earning cash and using those to manutacture MAUs to be installed in a COM ship Im building. Many thanks to Martok and co for leaving SCORP, when u guys were around I was scared to use the millions I had saved up, for fear of some emergency, but after you left I managed to double my power.

Oh yes and in case you didnt know u can optimize ur ships at the Earth Shipyard. Check it out, but I dont think u shd spend ur cash buying those atm.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: