Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 01:15:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Resource Usage  (Read 2714 times)
Sydney
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2012, 06:47:14 AM »

Currently we have a very basic. These 3 resources make this module.

There are only a few resources that are used in multiple modules, platinum being one.

Ideally id love to see a system where modules are built out of components. and the resources are primarily used to build components rather than the modules directly.To build a  FTL drive you need to be able to build/buy components... say 10 electronics, 20 converters, 3 Kamacite Relays, 5 titamium switches and the whole thing also requires some steel, some carbon fibre and some helium.... you get the idea. To build a mark 10 FTL Drive you need to have researched that far and you must use Mark 10 Components, which must first be researched, and built themselves The mark 10 components could work the same way modules do now in that mark 10 components require 10 times as much raw material as mark 1 versions... but to construct a FTL you only ever need 10 electronics, The mark level of the end module is the lowest level of its components. ie if you use9 mark 10 electronics and 1 mark 5 you get a mark 5 FTL in the end. Components could also require construction of component manufacturing modules, or they could be produced in manufacturing bays.

It bugs me that i can go buy 10000m3 of resources which fills my cargo bay and plug it into a single manufacturing bay and after 4 days out pops a 100m3 module. (that is some interesting matter densification going on there... that or there is massive amounts of waste, or is the stuff being converted into energy...if so ive got a bunch of fuel cells that might fit the bill)

However as i said ideally, I appreciate that would require a significant re-write.

a good start would be to simple make modules require a wider range of raw resources, and have each resource used in multiple modules. especially if anything is done about SOL being a source of infinite resources... it would then force us to decide what we are going to use our resources for.
Report to moderator   Logged

Syd Happens
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 06:00:04 AM »

Good idea but it is something that should have been put in from the start. If you put it in now then newbies wouldn't have a chance in hell of catching up with the older players unless they decided to shell out money on the game.  Hell they would be hard pressed to catch up with me and I am still pretty far behind the starting players.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: