Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 18, 2024, 04:25:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Star Maps  (Read 5566 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2012, 10:40:21 PM »

I have noticed star maps don't auto update in the uncharted area. Even when you venture into them it always remains sector uncharted. So how about this? As we enter an area like that, the star map is updated to show the systems we visit and add to our nav computers. This way every player has their own star chart and it would give the star chart some actual use.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »

they are uncharted, and I believe this means you have to inestigate every star in the sector to be able to chart it.  When you enter an uncharted regiion, you will find that the stars within the 5LY radius are visible to you.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:08:08 PM »

I know that. What I mean is even after you explore then the star map still shows it as uncharted. It needs to be made where when you are charting it, on the star map itself, those planets show up on there. Kinda like you making your own map. I seriously doubt this would be beyond any space captains capability.
sargas
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 08:57:12 PM »

I see what you are saying, and I have to agree.  We can store star info in the Nav-Com, but that doesn't allow us to chart the shortest route in a system to collect the mined cargo economically.
Harachte
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 05:33:46 PM »

If I'm not mistaking, Emi is already working on this.

Do agree we can use it yesterday...but so it is with lots of stuff;
just have to be patient!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 05:36:42 PM by Harachte » Report to moderator   Logged

Disclaimer: Anything written by this person [Harachte] here on forum and in any other message, private or public, is solely the opinion of the author and cannot be held to represent the official stand of the corporation [NHC] or any of its members, unless clearly stated otherwise.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 05:59:34 PM »

I haven't heard anything about him working on this but it would be nice if he was.
Harachte
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 06:58:43 AM »

I was sure I read it somewhere and started looking for it in the posts on the forum here,
but didn't find it earlier.

Just now I remembered he talked about it on the board of the SOL corp, back when I was still in training...

The main idea would be that systems show up on your star map when you discover them,
so everyone would get her/his personal maps by exploring uncharted sectors.

Don't know if Emi has worked on this since, though!

@Emi: pls correct me if I'm mistaken

Disclaimer: Anything written by this person [Harachte] here on forum and in any other message, private or public, is solely the opinion of the author and cannot be held to represent the official stand of the corporation [NHC] or any of its members, unless clearly stated otherwise.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 11:02:33 AM »

Added it to projects in progress with the info I have on it so far. I have been working on it, it's a must have feature.

http://forum.astro-galaxy.com/index.php/topic,8307.0.html

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: