Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 05:01:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Better interface needed  (Read 2668 times)
hansolo0
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2013, 06:10:05 AM »

Hi. Enjoyin the game for the most part so far. However , i think you shoul be able to move transfer crew between modules without the need for living quarters. i's a waste of time ,space ,and money. It's really a hassle early in the game when training and you don't have enough space on your ship.  You have to fire, remove module and /or rehire. Why not simply have new module replace old with crew intact.? I also have trouble knowing what station I'm docked to in earth orbit, and i'm constantly having to click orbit, and the station to redock ,not to mention any time i click on modules or cargo, etc . It seems to undock me every time...There should be explanations about the rewards you get for completing things as well, such as the need to do research to get more of those items, because you aren't able to build or buy many or all of the reward items after getting them.  You should also be able to tranfer crew between modules when not necessarily docked.  Perhaps you could also color code or do something to make key system words standout, such as the word'system'. I have to hunt for it in a big string of text on the left. Thank you for all your work so far,!
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 08:24:59 AM »

You don't have to be docked to transfer crews. You can switch around civilians with a Living Quarters and Marines with a Marines Assault Unit.  These units might not seem much to you right now. But as you grow bigger they will grow more and more useful. Not to mention the more manpower you have, the more HP your ship has in battle.  High level Living Quarters and high level Marines Assault Units are highly valuable to a ship.  As for not requiring them to transfer crew, Emi would need to create a whole new menu button at the side and a new section for transferring crew. To be honest it would be just as fast to use the Living Quarters and the Marines Assault Units to do this.  Perhaps faster since you won't have to micromanage every transfer. You just click and transfer them around as needed. Also these modules are needed for if you want to transfer crew from one ship to another.  As for it auto undocking, while a slight tedious to do, it is better then having to click undock anytime I want to leave the station. If I need to keep say the SOL Commodity Exchange open for buying things but am also wanting to upgrade modules by buying resources and don't necessarily don't have the space to store the resources needed to upgrade multiple modules. I open the manufacturing in a new tab. Buy what I need, then I click on the manufacturing tab, upgrade or build what I need to, switch back to the other tab and just keep repeating the process as needed. 

BTW since you new to the game let me be the first to say welcome to the game. I hope you grow to like this game more.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: