Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 06:37:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Projects priority  (Read 49538 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »

SirEmi I think the order really needs to be changed. Here is my recommendations.

Supernova, star life, map navigation  (This has been long overdue)
Updating star maps from nav computer  (This is small to some people but there is no point is having a useless. star maps page)
Ship to ship direct trade (this is something that really should have been in since day 1)
Galaxy Expansion (Not sure why this isn't on your list.  It is badly needed)
Corporation stations
Mysterious encounters
Sol ships and modules auction
Other combat / trading missions
Corporation waypoints
Resource auction / market, missions and mining provide most of the minerals and gases, prices are set by supply and demand.
Report to moderator   Logged
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »

This is what I am waiting for to expand the game:

Mysterious encounters
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 07:32:34 PM »

This is what I am waiting for to expand the game:

Mysterious encounters

They are needed but so are the other things before it.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »

I may have forgotten something or perhaps just read past it, but I was under the impression that the addition of novas, black holes, worm holes, was going to add other far off quadrants to the game. If that isn't what you meant by Galaxy Expansion would you mind explaining what you meant JamJul? I'm a little confused by that part of your list, I would probably also put Sol ships/modules being auctioned at the bottom of that list, otherwise I would say it's a pretty decent priority list to me.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »

I may have forgotten something or perhaps just read past it, but I was under the impression that the addition of novas, black holes, worm holes, was going to add other far off quadrants to the game. If that isn't what you meant by Galaxy Expansion would you mind explaining what you meant JamJul? I'm a little confused by that part of your list, I would probably also put Sol ships/modules being auctioned at the bottom of that list, otherwise I would say it's a pretty decent priority list to me.

There is no guarantee he will add that stuff in at the same time as adding in stuff outside of ring 4. If he does both at the same time then fine. But if he adds them in separate then the expansion is needed first. Meaning adding stuff past the 4th ring.  As it stands right now there is 25 rings total but everything after the 4th is empty.
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 06:19:09 AM »

I agree with JamJulLison! Expansion is important BUT it is also important to think about the SOS and COM missions in outer rings! Maybe they should appear less or the missions have to be much more complex there.
Because the missions at the moment provide more money away from earth. So in the 4th ring you can get more money, ok. But will you get also the double money in ring 8?

It has to be thought about that. Maybe there has to be a change and not only a expansion up to 25 rings.

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 06:32:19 AM »

Just think of SOS missions out in the boondox? I likely will set up somewhere out there if and when it is ever added in and provide corp transportation ships for transporting ships back and forth from there to Earth and back again. Not to mention all the mining opportunities out there.  As for COMs. IN my experience pay doesn't seem much better no matter where they are. At least when closer to earth it is quicker to sell off all that extra stuff you get from nest.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 06:29:46 AM »

There is no guarantee he will add that stuff in at the same time as adding in stuff outside of ring 4. If he does both at the same time then fine. But if he adds them in separate then the expansion is needed first. Meaning adding stuff past the 4th ring.  As it stands right now there is 25 rings total but everything after the 4th is empty.

I see what you mean but I think what emi was planning on doing was more adding small pockets of stars like what we have now, at least that was the impression I got. We have our 4 rings from -4,-4 to 4,4 right now and from what I understand he was going to add perhaps a few more pockets (something like 13,13 to 17,17 or perhaps a more rectangular system like -15,-15 to -17-19) and since those pockets were going to be so far away he didn't want to add them in until wormholes were put in the game to establish shortcuts.

As someone that isn't quite as established as you JamJul I think that makes a fair bit of sense. I can understand how you are probably tired of being confined to 4 rings though, I've yet to see everything there is to see here myself. I guess ultimately if he doesn't do both at the same time I couldn't really argue with expanding first, I would just hope that the two things get put in without a large amount of time passing between because they really seem like they make each other better.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 11:56:04 AM »

I see what you mean but I think what emi was planning on doing was more adding small pockets of stars like what we have now, at least that was the impression I got. We have our 4 rings from -4,-4 to 4,4 right now and from what I understand he was going to add perhaps a few more pockets (something like 13,13 to 17,17 or perhaps a more rectangular system like -15,-15 to -17-19) and since those pockets were going to be so far away he didn't want to add them in until wormholes were put in the game to establish shortcuts.

As someone that isn't quite as established as you JamJul I think that makes a fair bit of sense. I can understand how you are probably tired of being confined to 4 rings though, I've yet to see everything there is to see here myself. I guess ultimately if he doesn't do both at the same time I couldn't really argue with expanding first, I would just hope that the two things get put in without a large amount of time passing between because they really seem like they make each other better.

He should really fill all 25 up. Not just to 17 and a rectangle shouldn't happen.  As it stands on all sides it goes to 25.  So at the corners 25, 25.  -25, 25.  25,-25. and -25,-25.   So it is a square as it is. There is a huge waste of nothingness from 4 to 25.  One of the games players in the past before he quit traveled out all the way to see how far it went. That is how I know it goes to 25 rings.  If both are added in at the same time then fine. But if one should come first it is this one and he should just get it all done at once. 
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 11:18:19 AM »

We get off the track a little. I certainly think it will be a good addition to the game for young and old and in times where i just cant be bothered with another screen shot or systematic logging of data from system planets, i just dont think its a major priority was my initial comment. I managed to do well exploring the cosmos without the addition so far. I would much prefer to see other stuff which is on top of the list already, to be completed first.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »

We get off the track a little. I certainly think it will be a good addition to the game for young and old and in times where i just cant be bothered with another screen shot or systematic logging of data from system planets, i just dont think its a major priority was my initial comment. I managed to do well exploring the cosmos without the addition so far. I would much prefer to see other stuff which is on top of the list already, to be completed first.

Yes we do well without it. But it would be much easier with it. We still would have to explore to fill it and reexplore to update it when a system goes nova. It would make traveling much more convenient. It might not be a major thing but it is something that should have been added in at the beginning of the game.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 01:04:35 AM »

Well it would certainly be more content for us if he did fill up all of the quadrants with star systems, but I think if he left pockets of empty space that would reflect how the galaxy actually is more accurately. Anyways that was just my impression from the information he has given us thus far.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »

Knowing SirEmi he will do them in what ever order he wants to do them and it will likely take forever for it to happen. I also bet he would add some things to the game that we may not like. Possibly stuff that could ruin the game.  It wouldn't be the first time he has done that on one of his games. lol
kurama
Private

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2019, 11:58:32 AM »

Ever have problems with star map updating well the answer is invest in SHI modules and lock those stars in their places,

proirity is absolutely on plyer to player trades and economy
-Also why not expand the starrs unto all the Quadrants?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: