Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 18, 2024, 04:41:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The way of the income  (Read 9550 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: March 18, 2013, 01:54:25 PM »

There are several types of income in Astro Galaxy:

Passive income (usually lowest solar / hour ratio)

Mining (started by deploying mining / harvester modules on planets / moons / belts)
- profitability can be increased by mining efficiently and more rare minerals / gases
- can be improved by combining an orbital station with the auto-unload station command function
- small planets / moons have a higher probability to contain rare resources, so scan those first then deciding where to start mining a star.

Passive to Active income
- Trading: There are hidden Sol trade outposts within the stars in quadrant 0,0. Those outposts buy Medicines, Food Supplies and Electronics at a higher markup price then Earth, and sell Fuel Cells at a lower price then Earth. Buy / Sell offers are re-stocked every 6 hours. Trade station sizes vary, so a big station buys more then a small station, thus making more profit.
- Trading can offer a lucrative profit opportunity, by finding out the big trade outposts and combining it with a transport ship / fleet stationed at the system safe spot entry, sending in products to be sold every 6 hours.
- profit can be increased by pirating the trading outposts, though it requires a combat ship.
- It's a middle ground passive / active income

Active income

- Interplanetary missions, accessed on Sol Commodity Exchange station bulletin board. Offers opportunities to gain solars by transporting passengers within the Sol system. Relatively low profit, but good for starting out.
- Interstellar missions. A step up from interplanetary missions, accessed also from the bulletin board on the Sol Commodity Exchange station. Offers increased profit opportunity, but higher travel times and fuel costs.

- SoS missions / signals: Can be quite lucrative with a decent speedy ship and a big cargo bay.

- COMbat missions / signals: Can be the most profitable, but require decently equipped ship for combat. The mission difficulty depends on the combat ship used. At higher difficulty it becomes increasingly more difficult and challenging.

- Looting / capturing (pirating) An active income, requires patrol of whole star systems and looting / capturing other captains facilities. For mining / stations, the looting option could be more profitable, as it leaves the structures intact and can be looted again later on.

Exploration / Combat income (near future)

- explore mysterious / archeological sites, find treasures / artifacts and fight unknown enemies.

Note:
Captains are not limited to just one type of income, they can combine / do all of them or just what they like.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:17:47 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »

You forgot to mention pirating. lol
Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:09:17 AM »

omg indeed  laugh

GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 05:28:26 PM »

just one comment :
If you didn't use Titan, NEVER do com mission
I use lineship and when i battle with pirates, they use frigates!!!
OMFG
With 45% dodge, hitting it is very hard

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 12:33:40 AM »

They also use cruisers too. The main thing for dealing with them is having a large number of weapons backed up with high MK marines. Just in case they dodge most of your attacks.  Even then you still sometimes get stuck having to go another battle with them meaning another long wait timer.
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 12:54:54 PM »

by finding out the big trade outposts and combining it with a transport ship / fleet stationed at the system safe spot entry, sending in products to be sold every 6 hours.

I am confused by this. Could someone explain what is meant here? Are you saying that you would place a cargo ship in a fixed place and transfer cargoes from other ships without having them enter orbit? Not trying to be difficult here, but I really don't quite get this, and I get the feeling it is important.

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
sargas
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »

if you have a ship parked in he safe spot, you can transfer cargos from your other ships in the safe spot as if they were orbiting a planetary body.  Also, if you have a waypoint set up in deep space (use the Nav Comp), you can rendevous there and transfer cargo.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 04:33:40 PM »

weapons of mass "non missing" solves any dodge calcs Goodperson. Back it up with a good shield. The shiny lasers and railguns are just for show haha

Dadds

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 04:35:09 AM »

weapons of mass "non missing" solves any dodge calcs Goodperson. Back it up with a good shield. The shiny lasers and railguns are just for show haha

Dadds

You mean nukes? Those are way too costly. I prefer a crap ton of marines. lol
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 10:57:18 AM »

haha see that is what i mean by "weapons of mass [non missing]' as marines dont miss either. (well hardly ever. Cant recall the last message i got that said, "failed to find a weak spot".) And on expense, marines can be very costly also. Go grab your marine ship and i will grab my nuke ship and see how many marines you lose before the end of a day haha.
I can go mine the mats to build me some new nukes.....marines dont come cheap out of the dirt haha.
Reinforced hulls, lineships and boarding vessels all rank highest value for money when using marines though, for sure. The added advantage of a marine (if any still survive after weapons exchange) is when they board, they capture stuff. cargo, fuel, personnel in particular. Unfortunately, with a big explosion, there is a lot of wastage and no hostages

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 01:47:04 AM »

True but I can always throw nuke defenses on my ship. I can watch the pretty fireworks and then watch the marines board and kill for nuke level damage.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »

yeah well with nukes you get the chance to either use them or not use them, depending on your opponent load-outs. naturally i wouldnt toss a nuke against a defended anti-nuke ship. It is one way to keep everyone honest and defended. nuke is a deterrent as much as it is a weapon, and a handy quick boost to power levels if required. Most of the nukes i have shot off have been by accidental deployment lol. You learn very quickly to put them on hold fire as you install them; its a costly error to forget

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 11:19:50 AM »

I think a lot of us have accidentally used them.  I know when that one guy stole our crap and I removed his harvester from Jupiter that I forgot to disarm the nukes on my defense station there. lol
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: