Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 04:43:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Building Contracts  (Read 5724 times)
Arctic
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2013, 11:46:11 AM »

Lets face it, mining can have its rewards, but can also be cumbersome to try to reap a profit from it. Why not add another purpose to it than simply running everything back to Earth to sell, or to use what we mine to supplement the cost of upgrades. SOL has stated that they would provide various stations as they expand outwards into the Universe, so why not hire other corporations to contract out that work? Lets say that SOL decides it wants a Commodity Center and a Maintenance Hub out in -1,0. Instead of EMI just creating them and moving on, how about the building plans go up showing the required materials to build those stations. Let's just say that one of the minerals needed is 1,000,000 aluminum. As people deliver aluminum to the building site, that number will continue to come down. The amounts can be checked back on Earth, as well as the site itself. Of course, the list of materials required to build these locations can be quite extensive, and the number of materials should be quite high so that it takes a very long time, even with a large player population, for SOL to expand out further into the Galaxy.

You need people to build these stations. There can be individual contracts that people can pick up to deliver workers, food, medical supplies, marines for security, etc. In this way, the community can be a part of expanding the Universe. Once these stations are complete, then they can be buy and sell centers so players don't always have to run all the way back to earth. Maybe one location will just deal in commodities. Maybe another simply being a maintenance center, or shipyard, or perhaps all 3 depending on what is in the grand plans of SOL. Perhaps we can even build science outposts which will require deliveries of various materials on a regular basis to conduct their research. Of course, all of this will earn you some Solar for your time, effort, and resource usage.

Arctic
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 03:31:47 PM »

a lot of this will be available after EMI releases corp stations...
Arctic
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 04:14:04 PM »

I haven't found information on Corp Stations while bouncing around the boards. Any chance you can point me in the right direction so I can read up on it?

Arctic
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 06:51:14 PM »

I like your ideas Captain Arctic.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 06:33:30 PM »

I haven't found information on Corp Stations while bouncing around the boards. Any chance you can point me in the right direction so I can read up on it?

Arctic

Emi mentioned it when he announced Corp Ships.  It is somewhere on that thread on the forum. 
Arctic
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 08:02:55 PM »

Hrmm...ok, I found the mention about Corp Stations. Not sure that is the same thing I was discussing. That just sounds like get money, buy station, have a trading outpost for Corp members only. I was discussing running mining materials for SOL for static stations such as the ones that are in Earth orbit. Regular buy/sell/build/purchase type locations. It would give mining more of a purpose, and offer up many other types of SOL delivery missions of materials and personnel.

Arctic
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 12:47:39 AM »

It is possible these Corp stations could function like this. It isn't like you have to restrict the access to the stations. Just seems like everyone wants to do that.
Arctic
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 12:58:56 AM »

Maybe not a bad idea to be able to do it on a corp level, but I think it should also be on a SOL level for that corp expansion as well. Especially since not everyone is in a private corp, and might bring some more variety to the types of missions you can do while your building up. Obviously people will not have great luck with early mining in 0,0, but they can possibly do some slightly longer range missions transporting parts and people. This can also reduce some competition for local SOS and COM missions. Either way, I think it can be a nice diversion from the norm.

Arctic
sargas
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 11:18:41 PM »

I, for one, do not want that level of SOL CORP involved in any aspect outside of sector 0,0, until worlds out there are colonized...

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: