Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 12:27:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ship optimizations, combat mission objectives  (Read 6885 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2013, 07:09:18 PM »

- Combat mission: Hijacked ship
   -> The objective is to warp the ship named "Hijacked ship". Other pirate ships may protect the ship, but just that ship needs to be warped to complete the mission.
   -> If you are doing an older mission and the ship is not named "Hijacked ship", don't worry. Once that ship is emergency jumped you will get the reward.
   -> more ships can spawn on more difficult missions. The total power of the pirate ships is the total mission power / difficulty. For every 200k power, and additional ship will spawn up to a total of 5 pirate ships. Only one ship is named "Hijacked ship" and that's the target ship that needs to enter emergency warp to complete the mission.
   -> This means that the ships named "Hijacked ship" will be less powerful. Provided an adequate ship is matched with it, it might be easier to complete the mission and get the full reward.
   -> The objective on this mission will display properly now like so:
   "Objective: Make the ship named Hijacked ship enter emergency jump."
   -> if the ship named "Hijacked ship" enters emergency jump, the result will say "Attacker victory!", else it will say "Attack failed!"

- this new dynamic objective will be used for all future combat missions

- Ship optimizations now available to be installed at Sol->Earth->Sol Shipyard ->Optimize ship
   -> except combat speed, ship optimization bonuses will not affect the ship power
        -> this means you're getting more for less power. Can help a lot in combat missions or just to get an edge in PvP.

Ship optimization Mark I to X:

Mark    Cost
I           10%
II          20% (removes previous Mk at 50% cost)
III         30% (removes previous Mk at 55% cost)
IV         40% (removes previous Mk at 60% cost)
V          50% (removes previous Mk at 65% cost)
VI         60% (removes previous Mk at 70% cost)
VII        70% (removes previous Mk at 75% cost)
VIII       80% (removes previous Mk at 80% cost)
IX         90% (removes previous Mk at 85% cost)
X          100% (removes previous Mk at 90% cost)

I have extensively tested the new ship optimizations, but if you find any irregularities please message me / support or post on forum / bug reports.

In the next update that will be very soon, a new mission called "Blow up the pirate's nest" will be introduced.

God Speed!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:28:07 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

sargas
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 07:17:30 PM »

just when you think it's safe to go back into the water...
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:08:37 PM »

With the ship on ship combat you might want to recheck things.  Aysle was telling me last night about an error he ran across. He ran into a case where he didn't fire all of his his shots the first round and then the other rounds none of his other weapons would fire. Just his marines.  I think the shot limit thing just needs to be removed. Put firing back the way it was before.  As does using QP to speed up attacks. None of us like it and it just makes it easier for paying players to have a bigger advantage.

Also I would like to say the ship optimizations are way too expensive.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:24:31 PM by JamJulLison » Report to moderator   Logged
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 10:15:48 PM »

With the ship on ship combat you might want to recheck things.  Aysle was telling me last night about an error he ran across. He ran into a case where he didn't fire all of his his shots the first round and then the other rounds none of his other weapons would fire. Just his marines.  I think the shot limit thing just needs to be removed. Put firing back the way it was before.  As does using QP to speed up attacks. None of us like it and it just makes it easier for paying players to have a bigger advantage.

Well my first of the new style of coms was with a smaller and it seems they got easier actually. Its totally a marines combat mission now though...No reason to have guns.

Something we need though is the ability to use corp funds on ship optimizations purchases. That would be a good use of corp funds I think as now you can only buy the license and hull with corp funds.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 10:32:55 PM »

Well my first of the new style of coms was with a smaller and it seems they got easier actually. Its totally a marines combat mission now though...No reason to have guns.

Something we need though is the ability to use corp funds on ship optimizations purchases. That would be a good use of corp funds I think as now you can only buy the license and hull with corp funds.

I really don't like the idea of having to use just Marines for these.  Kinda of makes it have seemed like a waste to even make the other weapons. Still I don't mind the dodging. But if there is going to be dodging, then we ought to at least be able to fire our weapons once a round. That way when there is these multiple ships we won't have to rely on marines.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 12:40:53 AM »

I just checked the cost of some of them with my Titan.  Those optimizations are way too expensive. There is no sense in it.  Might as well not even get them.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 10:40:05 AM »

I just checked the cost of some of them with my Titan.  Those optimizations are way too expensive. There is no sense in it.  Might as well not even get them.

The optimization is not a requirement, it's an option. It gives the ship an edge in battle / navigation / manufacturing / freighter.
I can assure you I have tested each and every optimization with all ship hull types, and the costs are balanced to the gains vs. module slots etc.

As more missions will appear along with carrier ships, optimizations will be very very useful. I can see a Leviathan class with a Mothership optimization, transporting Interceptor / Assault Bomber frigate class vessels, doing combat missions with those fighter wings. The mothership could tank the first pirate ship, while the fighters make quick work of the objective ship.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »

Emi I am not the only one who thinks they are overpriced though. Everyone I have talked to has said the same thing.
sargas
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 04:30:41 PM »

they do seem a little spendy...
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 04:35:52 AM »

For the costs involved your better off just building larger mods that would have the same power. You'll even have funds left over
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 09:08:19 PM »

The Ship optimizations I have look for as more expensive than my ships with all the high tech components in it. For me, it seem to be better to build more ships than to pay for Ship optimizations.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: