Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 01:15:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Corp Stances  (Read 17762 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2013, 03:28:45 PM »

Hey guys, i look to the Top Corp Leaderboard occasionally and I see a whole bunch of new and up and coming corporations. Yet i see no information as to who you are, where you stand, values, hopes, goals, ambitions.
Come on guys, lets hear from you. Be bold, be brazen. Worked for us. Lets not make the forums all about 3-4 corporation input. I in particular want to hear from all of you.

This includes you guys, [TVF], [ITO], [OC], [VAL], & [NA] to include a few of the top corps

Be a part of Astro-galaxy forums!

Dadds [IMG]
Report to moderator   Logged

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 07:08:15 PM »

Speaking of NA. Have you seen their rediculas corp tax lol
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:06:49 AM »

Hey, greez from the ITO. I will give some information about us in a new topic here!

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:19:12 PM »

I just started my own Corp. Starbender Enterprises, SBE is the tag. I don't have a clue what to do with it yet, but I would be happy to discuss Alliances and Trade Agreements with other Corps.

I could use some input on how to do things like set tax rates and write a Front Page with our stated goals and policies. It would go a long way toward assuaging my fears if JamJul or Sargas would help me with this.

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 09:41:16 PM »

Taxes are something I hate and was hesitant to even add to our corp. For a long time we had none. But after corp ships and optimizations was added we realized that it was needed. In the end we voted on it and it passed.  We set our tax at 2%. I refuse to go higher. For us it seems good enough. IMG on the other hand has a tax of 7.50% and NHC has one of 5%.  I am going to tell you right now you can't actually withdraw money from the corp funds so think ahead. You don't want to set it so high it is hard for them to make a good profit off SOS and COM missions.  I would say don't set it any higher then 10%. Especially when it is a new corp with new players who are still starting out. You guys are going to need all the solars you can get.
sargas
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 11:34:34 PM »

I don't really deal that much with corporate affairs other than to occasionally donate a couple 3-5 million solari.

One thing I know about taxes is that it only assigns a tax whenever a mission is paid off (SOS missions are taxed as soon as they are resolved, except for the 'pod people' as they are taxed when they are returned to Earth).  Selling mined (or looted) material is not taxed, and neither are my fuel sales at my various stations.

<<insert shameless plug here>>
You can buy fuel at Sargas Oil Station #1 (Jupiter orbit) for 25 solari instead of the SOL Corp rate of 30.
<<We return you now to your regularly scheduled program>>

The corp ships are licensed and purchased by corporate funds, as is optimizations and upgrades/downgrades.
The modules attached must be purchased by whichever corp member controls the ship (out of his/her own pocket).

If you need advise about mining or other matters, I will help as much as possible (to the best of my ability).

(edit because it's now expected of me and for the usual reasons {spelling and grammar})
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:49:10 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 11:35:02 PM »

But where do I set it in the first place. I didn't see anywhere to do that.

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
sargas
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 11:56:39 PM »

on the left hand menu, go to COMM, then corp [SGE] (you will find that you cannot converse with SOL corp any longer, as you arre no longer a member of SOL).

Go to the top of the screen and select 'Finances'.  You will then get a new menu allowing you to set taxes and do other things.

At the bottom of the page, you will see Corporate Finances.

I hope this helps, if not let me know by PM and I'll try to help you more in depth...

sargas
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »

taxes are handy as a way to gradually build up a fund to allow you to increase your corp size, corp ship licenses, corp ship purchases, optimizations of those ships and i guess future corp driven projects that may get developed.
My crew have been asking me to actually increase our taxes to buy new toys to play with. The beauty of a tax system allows a slow, methodical build up of wealth over time and when done in small doses (we started with only 3.5% initially) you would be surprised at how quickly it adds up. It also shows you who is doing the most work out there when it comes time to add accolades or promotions to your team members.
A tax bracket too high is unfair to the individual however who IS doing all the hard work and getting stiffed when pay day comes around.
As JamJul suggests, 10% would really be the maximum you would want to go. We reserve this number for special build or project driven goals but so far have not had cause to implement.
If you are a 1 player corp then i guess you could look at a tax as being your savings account for the future. Then set it as high as you think you can afford. Taxes beat the player "shake down" process looking/asking for spare cash when you want to expand your corporation holdings.
Our taxes go into buying new ships and licenses which then are returned to the team to use to increase their income (which increases the federal taxation reserves. Ahhh the circle of life!)

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »

It's a shame it isn't possible to withdraw Solars from the Corp Fund so we could use it to build new modules.  It's can be a pain balancing your own solars between corp ship module building and modules for our own personal ships.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 05:57:16 PM »

we have two main builders: me and aysle. As a result we hold the bulk of the corp owned ships which in turn earn personal solars for which gets turned back around into modules for corp ships. Basically the corp ship that is piloted by a player contributes two ways: in taxes and in funds plowed back into the corp. We dont have personal wealth or gain in mind here. Whats good for the corp is good for the individual. Those modules are then distributed back out to the players as payment for hard labour.
One moment my balance can look like a new graduate, the next as a multi-millionaire. The only test is time to earn vs time to spend. It would be nice to get hold of some of those tax riches though. Probably a good thing the funds are locked away. It prevents corruption of the hierarchy.
Perhaps there needs to be a control to choose to use corp funds or personal when buying mats to build a corp module from a corp ship, but that can be open to abuse/corruption.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 07:51:31 PM »

It's true it could be abused. But I would think players in such alliances that would do that would likely get mad and quit anyways.
sargas
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 08:35:14 PM »

set your corporate permissions so that only a certain few (various sub-leaders, etc...) can build modules with corporate funds
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 09:44:22 PM »

set your corporate permissions so that only a certain few (various sub-leaders, etc...) can build modules with corporate funds

Good idea.  Only and my division leaders would be given this power if I had it to give lol
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »

"beware the ides of march" Hahaha. sometimes your closest advisers could be the ones plotting your downfall. History repeats

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: