Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 26, 2024, 09:33:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Corp Stances  (Read 17768 times)
sargas
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 09:27:27 PM »

Are you looking over your shoulder when you say that, Dadds?

I find that there is no honor in 'backstabbing'.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »

Haha no Sargas, i have no real fear about whats behind me. If someone wanted my top job badly enough all they would have to do is ask for it and they could try on the mantle for a while. I just like to look at historical models to spot signs in the future plays. Its an old trick of astrology and fortune telling ;)

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 12:07:53 PM »

aha!  witchcraft...
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 07:35:55 AM »

To bring this back to the point it began:

It would be great if new corps present themselves or just leave a 'hello' in here  17

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
StefanAlexander
Private

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 02:19:59 PM »

Hello! 17  laugh
I just want to say that the ISA(New Name) is going to be a pacific goverment with every corp except SSS, wich is State No.1 Enemy
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 03:24:24 PM »

Nice to hear this! Good luck for all your plans :-)

Leader
aviator225
Private

President of the N.E.A

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 03:50:35 PM »

thanks for the heads up i am updating my info, and thanks for the tips
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 07:23:32 AM »

did you IST and N.E.A ever thought about working together? Because you two only have one member. Think about it!

Leader
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 08:07:08 PM »

Indeed, everybody wants to lead at some point but if everybody was a leader then nobody would ever have more than one or two members in their corp and that kind of defies the point. Not saying it's a bad thing to start up your own thing right away just saying if any new corp leaders have recently made a corp and they are new to the game, it might be wise to consider disbanding your corp for awhile, join an already established corp and learn the ins and outs of the game, maybe even establish a few connections with the people here that play the game. Build up a good asset base of ships and maybe even a mining station or two. Then if you still want to run your own outfit you will have much more experience and assets to start your own corp and help any members that should join. Not sure if either of you are really new but I'll just put that out there for future players.

Being a leader can get old after awhile trust me, I've lead clans and stuff in other games and being the person everybody looks to for help and advise and having to organize things and get in the middle of conflicts that can happen between members is taxing. Personally I am much happier in an advisory/middle management role within my corp. I help people out and get some things organized but I don't run everything and I don't have to make decisions about everything, it lets me enjoy working with people much more. That being said everyone is different, and I personally wish all new corps luck in their endevours.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Korvin
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 10:59:23 PM »

Hi!

New Space Explorers [NSE] - new one-man corporation.

Started only a week ago, a newbie here 1
Main goal now - peaceful study of the universe.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2014, 06:37:31 AM »

Good luck, Korvin!

It might be better if you join an existing corp for now and learn more about the game. It's a bit too soon for you to start your own corp. Join active corps that don't have plans of joining the GC (The Syndicate is at war with them). I recommend the Starbender Enterprises (SBE) and the New Earth Alliance (NEA).
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2014, 02:16:33 PM »

Raphael, define "war" in your comments? You are not at war with the GC since you openly claim not to touch NHC, ITO or any other members of the GC that dont confront you. Dont go telling new players on who to join. If you look closely enough, the top corps ARE the GC allied and are the best corporations to learn the game from. You are just a minor bug which is going to become extinct as another failed species haha.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 05:03:59 PM »

Dadds is right.  The GC corps, assides from NHC, are the best to learn from.  Raph hasn't bothered to even go after IMG lately despite claiming he will trash all their stuff.  He claims his Dadds smaller targets aren't worth bothering with.  They are certainly more worth bothering then any new players.  So it is doubtful he will hit you there.  ITO is another good corp.  They are newer then a lot of us but are a good group of people.  PMI in my opinion would be the best corp to join.  But then again I am their leader. lol.  We will be undergoing a name change soon.  We moving to more of a navy direction. Though we won't forbid our members from pirating or mining as long as they follow the charter. I have always been a firm believer in playing the game how you want to play it. So I don't like restricting our members. The change in direction is being done because it seems to be the way of the future. There aren't a lot of good resources left out there to mine and pirating isn't near as profitable as COMs and SOS missions. I was holding off against doing this but when Sargas left I figured now was a good time.
sargas
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 02:14:22 AM »

and as far as 'sargas leaving' is concerned, the EoS is still recruiting...
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 10:22:06 AM »

Hey,
It would be nice to get some information from the very new corps: [SIN]( sinaarrgghh) and
  • (Gronk)!  17

Leader
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: