Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 10:14:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Corp Ship Bug  (Read 3471 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2013, 05:35:59 PM »

I decided to test something with Corp Ships. Now here is how we know it should work.

1. In a battle involving a corp member, the corp ship should join in on the battle.
2. All corp members on and around that planet should also join in on the battle if the corp ship is present.

On Jupiter this isn't happening. I decided to check out of curiosity how long a battle might take between our forces and a person who is in orbit. I noticed that the only things showing up in battle for my side is the Corp ship I am in command of, my ship in orbit and my space stations. Sargas's stations and ships were not included.   I had Sargas checked from his end.  Only his stuff showed up. Not even the Corp ship in orbit in which I am in command of right now showed up which it should.  This tells me that the Corp ships are bugged right now.  This makes using Corp Ships useless for defending more then one person in the corp and useless for sending to an ally corp members aid if you are the one in command.
Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:04:56 PM »

Only if the corp ship is under attack will all corp members join a battle.

If just a corp member is attacked, only the corp ships will join that battle to protect that corp member. Other corp members will not join in this case.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 10:24:31 PM »

Well that sucks. Hurry up and get the Corp stations going then.   Though i would like to point out when you first added these, I checked battles like this when we first set up at Jupiter and it included everyone in the corp in the battle.  That must have been the bug then. Though personally I think that is how it should be. We need to be able to have actual corp battles.  It definitely would give more use for the corp ship.  It would allow them to be used for true corp battles rather then the piece of crap regular battles we got now.  We should be able to unite our forces.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:36:33 AM »

The corp ships and stations act as corporation police force. This police force acts if a member is attacked.

So a corp needs to have corp ships / stations acting as police at key planets, because the corp members will not join forces by default.

For future reference, the corporation will have more assets like stations, facilities etc. that will consolidate the corporation power on a planet / solar system. Those assets will protect all corp members and will be protected by all corp members in return.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 09:48:36 AM »

The corp ships and stations act as corporation police force. This police force acts if a member is attacked.

So a corp needs to have corp ships / stations acting as police at key planets, because the corp members will not join forces by default.

For future reference, the corporation will have more assets like stations, facilities etc. that will consolidate the corporation power on a planet / solar system. Those assets will protect all corp members and will be protected by all corp members in return.

I hope you get these things added soon then.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: