Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 06:49:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Galactic Council  (Read 5646 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2013, 11:00:10 AM »

This is the message I got and created this forum for you 1

Please let me know who wants to be the moderator(s) for this child board.

The mods should then post the charter and work with me to improve this child board and to modify settings to be visible by all or only certain captains.

The Galactic Council (GC) is a go. PMI/NHC/IMG have are the founding members

If you could create the sub forum at your convince and we will post the charter and start making use of it.

If your willing I think the best would be to create a whole subforum with a "Council Discussion" section- Description something like "Discussion of Galactic Council matters by Corp Representatives". We want everyone to be able to read but not make a mess of it... with limited posting rights. Right now it would be me, Dadds,JamJulLison, GoodPerson can post to (PMI & NHC will prob. ask for a 2nd person to have the rights soon, it wouldnt be a constantly changing list since it will pretty much be the corp leaders & their next of kin. It will be the actual council discussion section...to make it not such a mess part of the GC terms is that only a corp leader and/or their designated GC rep can take part in the GC discussions. Any GC corp members must ask their leader/rep to voice their concerns.

A 2nd section "Non-member Requests" - Description "Where Captains that are not a member of a GC Corp may post requests for assistance and/or petitions". Everyone can post here.

So if you can give us a whole subforum that would be really cool if not just one little bit would be enough...

Below is a copy of the GC charter that we have agreed to...essentially we are forming a rule of law to help others grow and handle disagreements.

----------

1st Galactic Council Charter

As an alliance of the chosen we agree to promote the growth of our fellow Captains in all Corps that aspire to grow with honor.

As such a council of the "three" is to be formed. The Galactic Council hence forth referred to as the 'GC' will handle all complaints and disagreements between Captains when called upon.

1. All issues must be brought to the attention of the GC via the public forums by the complainant. Supporting documentation in the form of screenshots of Battle Reports and PMs must be posted so that the GC may evaluate the situation and deem a proper response.

2. The agreement of the majority shall hold the rule of law throughout the Galaxy.

3. Attacks in Sol except as authorized by terms 3, 4, or 5 are forbidden.
3.1 If someone contacts a member of the GC about a raid in progress against them, a ship may be dispatched to the reported location to investigate. If the reported ship is found in orbit, if the owner of the ship is online and if the person who's reported the incident's holdings are present, it will be engaged in combat.
3.2 Each Corp's GC representative or leader shall be authorized to appoint a Corp member to perform a single retaliatory strike after the fact upon said aggressor if it was not possible to stop the raid in progress. So long as said aggressor is NOT a member of a GC Corp. Raids where a GC Corp member is the aggressor must be brought before the GC for a vote of repercussions.

4. Players deemed "outlaws" shall be added to the GC KOS list by a majority vote of the GC. All outlaw holdings are valid targets for raiding or destruction.
4.1 Players deemed "outlaws" may petition the council after a minimum time period of one (1) month has passed for removal of said designation. Removal shall only occur upon majority vote of the GC.

5. In extreme cases of destruction or repeated (5x) rulings concerning the same aggressor the Corp that harbors the "outlaw" after fair warning (5 days) shall be deemed accessories after the fact and all raiding upon said Corp's holdings shall be fair game until such time as said Corp rectifies the situation.

6. Additions to the GC shall be considered by petition of any Corp that reaches sufficient total power and demonstrates consistent activity. Inclusion in the GC will be at the discretion of the GC. A vote will take place and the majority shall rule. The new GC member Corp must agree to all terms of GC charter.

7. The GC charter may be amended via a majority vote of GC members.
Amendments concerning attacks, raiding, or addition to the GC KOS list require a super majority (75%) to be achieved.

8. Each Corp member of the GC may appoint it's own representative to the GC. The representative may be changed via notice of said Corp's leader.

9. All corp members who are part of the GC may review GC meetings and discussions as long as they remain quiet. Discussions of GC business must be via the appointed Corp representative or Corp Leader. If a member wishes to discuss this matter they may contact their Corp Leader or representative about their thoughts privately and he or she can bring them to the table if they so choose.

10. Permission to remove an inactive player's holdings may be given via the GC.
10.1. The process is as follows. Notice is posted to the GC of the player's holdings and location simultaneously a message informing said player of the intention to remove their holdings after a five (5) day waiting period. If said player does not respond and no GC representative objects then the permission is automatically granted by the GC.

11. Members Corps of the GC may petition to claim solar objects for their sole Corp use. Sole Corp ownership is contingent upon approval of the majority of the GC.
11.1. If another player sets up holdings on or around a GC claimed solar object the owner of said holdings may contact said player giving forty eight (48) hours notice of intent to remove the holdings in question by force.

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:56:36 AM by Aysle » Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 02:21:20 PM »

The official charter with the signatures will be posted soon. Just waiting for Dadds to decide how he wants his signature lol. Thanks Emi. We had just been discussing possibly creating another forum for it. I am going to find out what everyone wants to use now.  I got no issues with using this one.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 06:56:13 AM »

Greetings, Esteemed Creator of the universe, Sir Emi; Emissary & Dignitaries of the GC, GC Corp members, Members of the public.

Firstly, nice job on the sub-board Sir Emi. Thankyou for taking our request seriously and taking the time and interest into our in-game corporation developments. Sometimes i feel we are hijacking the game from underneath you like those dirty...no good..hijacking.... any way, didnt come here to start that sort of discussion lol

"Excellent work on forming a charter we all can agree to (by unanimous vote) to the 3 top corporations. It shows we all want to be a permanent part of Astro Galaxy and are interested in helping with its cultural and informational development."

"Who would have thought this was a possible outcome several months ago when war was upon us and vows of "total destruction" were taken up by various sides. It shows good personal development and responsibility by all teams to be able to come together in a loose unity where discussions can be conducted in an open and civil arena"

"I speak for the Coorporation [IMG] as its leader and founder when I nominate and appoint Pilot Aysle as our representative to this Galactic Council (GC), if you hadn't already realized our choice! He is a well respected pilot in the community, has good knowledge of universal politics and dynamics and a fair man in decision making. As our military commander, he is also pretty handy in a scuffle should we need to bring a bit of muscle to an issue haha"

"He is, however, a lousy mechanic (LOL j/k. Its an in-corp gag. Thankfully we have officer engineers at our disposal)"

"My only question is, where do i sign off to the charter?" My onboard main computer is offline at present and am using a backup in the auxiliary control room. I may have missed something"

Dadds [IMG]

Report to moderator   Logged

Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:42:23 AM »

I've set the permissions as follows:

Galactic Council sub-forum rules, members, moderators.

There is a new member group called "Galactic Council Member" with following members:
Aysle, JamJulLison, GoodPerson, Sargas, Dadds, morbius

Council members / moderators:
Aysle, JamJulLison, GoodPerson