Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 05:56:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: cargo/modules  (Read 3120 times)
sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2013, 11:43:03 AM »

17 all,
maybe it's just because i don't know how to do these things, but I like to see some improvents on module and cargo handling.

I think there is too much difference between ship and station handling. In my humble opinion they should be the same.
I miss a couple of features which would be really handy:

1. Module deployment between two ships:
    now I have to put it in cargo, transfer it to cargo of the other ship, activate the other ship and install it form cargo. it could be done in 1 action.
    this is always a nasty one when starting a new ship. you need to buy at least 1 cargo to get started....

2. deploy from cargo:
I think it would be handy to deploy something from cargobay of Ship A directly to Space station or Ship B.

In general I could say that Ship/Station and even Surface should be handled in the same way...
if it is, you could do things like:
- deploy from Station Cargo to Planet Surface
- deploy from Ship to Ship
- install from Station Cargo bay
- install from a cargo bay on a surface!!?? (why not?)
- transfer personell from Ship to Station
- and so on.

of course I don't know the code, but it feels that there is a view missing...
I'll try to explain:
- you have the 'single' mode where you install things in your ship
- you have the 'docking' mode to handle cargo between ships and actions between ship and a space station.( essentially this is used when you own 1 of the objects)

What I miss here is a kind of '2 objects' mode; a view that will be used when handling 2 things you own and administer..
In this view you could then do all thing described above...
the wildest dream version of this view wich shows the 2 objects ( 2 ships, ship + station, even 2 stations when in same orbit!) is a drag and drop version!  15

ah well... ravings of an old man 1

S.

Report to moderator   Logged
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 04:16:59 AM »

Installing cargo bays on a plant would really be intersting! Maybe this will be possible in future, because Sir Emi spoke about some ne "structures" that could be build.

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 09:33:58 AM »

They're good suggestions, some of them I was already working on.

For example I'm working on this Crematorium module and it will be possible for it for hold up to 100 m3 Fuel Cells, and you will be able to move it around the ship / station / planet while having a fill rate on it. This special illegal pirate module uses prisoners of war or personnel to create fuel cells.

So in order to be able to make a prison planet or station or ship, we'll have to be able to manage personnel on planets and stations too, and do some other things remotely from on a station or planet, like you do with the ship. Mainly I want to be able to load / unload the Crematoriums on the station / planet remotely, and unload the Fuel Cells produced to the station cargo bay.

So yeah, we will add more and more actions that you do remotely via a station or on surface modules via the ship in orbit.

sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 12:31:32 PM »

ah, nice!
I love to see the new additions.
keep up the good work!
s.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print