Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 01:40:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: other ships in navigation view  (Read 6604 times)
sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2013, 07:15:59 AM »

all,
it would be nice to see your other ships if in navigation view.
every of your ships (or COM ships you use) that are in your 12/16 LY navigation circle.

don't know what to show if more than one ship is in the same spot..
should they be clickable to set a course to? I think it is not really a big difference if you could. Now you can also already meet on a SOS point or safe point...

Sauron.

Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »

you can make a way point in deep space.

Open Nav Comp and at the to of the screen you can set that point.

I have had many deep space rendevous between my ships...
sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 02:21:29 PM »

still it would be visually appealing to see your other ship(s).  16
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 02:24:26 PM »

It would be an interesting thing to have. But I think first the mapping of the star charts needs to be added first before something like this is done.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 03:37:34 PM »

This will be included in the advanced navigation computer, that will show exploration data of planets / stars explored and also the position of your ships, colonies, stations. It will also work with corporation assets, with a corp permission to be granted to those that have access to that intel.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »

This will be included in the advanced navigation computer, that will show exploration data of planets / stars explored and also the position of your ships, colonies, stations. It will also work with corporation assets, with a corp permission to be granted to those that have access to that intel.

That sounds good to me.
sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 11:09:10 AM »

yes, it sounds good!
I' ll stick around a while longer to see ;)
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 04:15:02 PM »

I was using the Navigation screen today and it occurred to me it'd be handy to see whether a star is explored or not. Currently, it seems, I have to go to the Star Map to see that information. Even if the range is only 12 ly, it'd still be nice to see this information.

Has it been considered to combine the Navigation and Star Map screens into one? Looking at them, I can see they have different a slightly different user interface, so it might not be possible right now without extensive review and reimplentation. Still, reducing the number of times we have to click on each is useful. I remember thinking "Gee, I wish I could flag stars in the Star Map so I'd know they're not attractive targets in the navigation screen." A general flag would be kind of cool, but it'd also be redundant if exploration information could be shown for stars within range on the Navigation screen.

Right now, I use the STar Map mainly for these functions:
1) Creating long range course which I then use "resume long range course" in Navigation
2) Zooming out and getting a "space-bird's eye" view of my surroundings - things like exploration status - and assets
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:19:24 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 04:21:19 PM »

What's the status of this?

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 11:01:59 PM »

...and yes, there are a lot of things we are waiting for...
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 04:55:58 AM »

Maybe it can also be possible to see OTHER PEOPLE's ships when you click on a star? There's a lot of space underneath most of the astral views of stars, you could put a list of ships there. It works just like flight radar on an aeroplane, you get to see other planes, but since this is far in the future, ships have cloaking devices that can be activated whenever they like, if they want to do secretive stuff or just don't want people to see their ships.

Just making a dumb suggestion that'll make the game lag.

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: