Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 29, 2024, 08:26:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: install bug  (Read 5402 times)
sauron
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »

I think I found a little bug:

After moving a cargobay to the cargo in Space Station, I see too much (install) links when in cargobay view.
I can even install my resources 1
I only have it when more than 1 module in cargo bay

steps to reproduce:
- go to the station and click on modules to see the installed modules.
- move a module to the cargo bay
- do this again and move a second module to cargo bay
- if you click on the cargobay link to see what is in the cargo bay, you have too much (install) links
- the more items in the cargobay, the more links you get, even on resources.

when you click on an install link and switch to the scoop/install view, the view is ok.

so it is only the number of links in the cargo bay view which is not correct.

Sauron

Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:52:04 PM »

A display bug only. Fixed, thank you.

Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:44:37 AM »

i have a bigger issue with install on station bug. i placed a station in orbit around a planet, deployed from ship some MIF (unmanned) a cargo bay and a LVQ full of personnel. I then manned those MIF from the onstation LVQ and deployed an MIF onto planet surface from orbital station. It immediately turned red now neither my station nor ship can scoop it back. its owner report is blank when i click on rival modules.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 11:10:57 AM »

the same thing just happened to me.  I'm glad I saw Dadds problem before I deployed MAU and weapons...
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 11:41:05 AM »

Ok, I checked it out and fixed it, the issue was when installing the module from station cargo bay it didn't set the owner, so when you tried to move it to the ship and then deploy to planet, or deploy to planet from station, it didn't have any owner..

All modules ownership have been corrected now. Station cargo bay install should work correctly now.

A mining facility MK IX on a planet was taken over by the Pirate station in orbit, as I haven't determined the owner, probably a ship in orbit...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:44:29 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

sargas
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 11:45:48 AM »

thanks, it is working fine now...
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »

that miner IX was mine. It was how i discovered the issue. no great loss. I had a theory that maybe because i installed it while in combat and in orbit around a pirate nest, it became part of their claims. It didnt last too long on the planet before it was removed with force. No great loss to my estate. It was an interesting discovery and well worth the cost of the minor loss to bring it to the forums.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »

once it was deployed, it became part of your force and when the prate attacked, it was captured (happened to me as well)...you should have tried looting it first (just to see if the NPC pirates will mine with their stolen equipment)...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:16:04 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »

yeah it was looted first and did yield some resources that i had set it to do (or hoped it would mine) when i deployed it, if that helps with a theory that pirate NPC mining. I suspect though that wasnt supposed to happen being a bug of sorts. All other experiences i have had with NPC taking over a mining facility point toward it being a dead resource. More study needed though for me to call it.

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: