Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 16, 2024, 12:16:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: thanks Emi!  (Read 5751 times)
johnnydrinkmeth
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2013, 11:34:30 PM »

Just wanted to stick up for the dev team.  I've seen a lot of stuff complaining about the speed of updates on the boards, but when I had a problem in game, SirEmi helped me out and fixed it up in a couple days, politely and without complaint.

That is something that really makes a difference, and makes me a lot more likely to stick with the game through its growing pains.  Thanks man, and keep it up!
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 02:25:40 AM »

Yes he is quick to help.  He has done the same for me.  Emi is a good guy.  The slow updates can suck but I know it is just him doing all the work so it is understandable.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:30:34 AM »

Hey thanks guys.

The next update is very very soon, a few days I think.

I've been working on implementing module commands like you do with ships, with stations and planets also. This will provide the room to advance to corporation stations and corp planetary assets, as you will be able to control modules remotely on stations and via stations, control the planet surface modules, like marine assault units / living quarters / manage personnel etc.

This took longer then expected, as I've had to centralize the module commands, but the good news is this will enable the introduction of new modules faster, like the new planetary Fortress module, illegal pirate modules, alien modules etc.

Just need to finish the "Blow up the pirate's nest" mission, so those illegal modules can be found 1

So update very soon with illegal pirate modules to be found in the new combat pirate mission    1

GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 12:48:01 PM »

Finally!!!!!
Something that I want to hear after weeks of waiting 13
Made those illegal modules rare, like there are only 100 modules per type

It'll make them worth hunting

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 01:44:38 PM »

Made those illegal modules rare, like there are only 100 modules per type

The idea is that each new mission will introduce something new in it, to keep in line with the exploration / mystery side of things.

Those modules will have a chance to spawn in the cargo bay of the pirate station, and part of the mission reward will be used to get sort of like a ticket, that gets you a chance to spawn this module, so they will be rare and expensive.

To give an example, let's say you have a mission usually pays 100k solars. Now from that 10k solars goes to a kind of a lottery, that if won will spawn a module worth 500k solars to be looted. You won't see those tokens, but that's how it works. 10k/500k gives a 2% chance, and higher tokens, as you fight more enemy (this ofc depending on the power of the ship taking the mission and mission difficulty), could yield a 500k or higher mark module. So if you have higher value tokens from higher diff missions, so your chance stays within same lower ranges, but you get a chance at higher mark modules.

This is of course just the beginning of a platform that will form the basis for looting rare modules from the vicinity of black holes, that will be left by exploding stars, worm hole explorations, archeological sites and etc. Those modules will be rare and expensive and provide unique bonuses, artefacts of great value and markup once the SOL auction system goes live.

So every new mission will come up with something new in it, different from the other. The "Pirate's nest" mission will have different reward then the "Pirate Hijacker", in a sense that it will pay part in solars, part in station loot and part in rare modules that not every mission will spawn, but when it does, the treasure will be worth much more then that mission reward.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:51:18 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 02:43:24 PM »

yeah! bring on the nest. I feel like i been fighting nests anyway with up to 14 ships spawning at times (multiple combat tokens) Will it be in waves of combats to beat?  will make sense since 14 v 1 or 2 is easy at  present, just a matter of time. Will we need to pick up specific missions from sol bulletin board to get these missions? or will it be a space token find?

Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »

yeah! bring on the nest. I feel like i been fighting nests anyway with up to 14 ships spawning at times (multiple combat tokens) Will it be in waves of combats to beat?  will make sense since 14 v 1 or 2 is easy at  present, just a matter of time. Will we need to pick up specific missions from sol bulletin board to get these missions? or will it be a space token find?

It will be another "Com" mission on the navigation screen. A merchant that has it's cargo stolen will send you to a remote planet / moon / belt to blow up a pirate station / nest 1 He'll give you a tracker that you'll use to pinpoint the pirates. It's similar to the "Pirate Hijacker", but it's possible it will be more difficult.

GoodPerson
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 10:19:07 PM »

if the mission is 'stolen cargo', won't we need to loot the station?
If we blew up the station the cargo will be destroyed -.-

Anyway, i'm waiting for this 13

35 + 3 + 42 = 100
Want a proof?
Try manufacture FTL Drive mk 1

Before knowing this, i always thought mass won't change no matter what you do......
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 10:26:37 PM »

if the mission is 'stolen cargo', won't we need to loot the station?
If we blew up the station the cargo will be destroyed -.-

Anyway, i'm waiting for this 13

Well, you do get solars as reward for the mission from the merchant, but as he kindly explains, whatever you find in the station you can keep, it's a bonus... You can get cargo either way from station bay, but it's more profitable to loot it first, then destroy it, because looting from a destroyed wreck doesn't yield that much.

So yeah, it would be better to attack in loot mode first, make the timer shorter, kill some guards, and then loot the station and then destroy it...  It's different mission, different tactics. Maybe more or less profitable 1

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:28:51 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: