Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 29, 2024, 07:23:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Loot  (Read 12953 times)
sargas
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 12:41:33 AM »

latest mined cargo sales:

You gained $2,298,198 solars.
Report to moderator   Logged
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 12:47:39 AM »

Looking forward to break 1 million ship power this week and start raiding/destroying weak player/SOL stations

Wow! That ought to encourage new players to stick around!

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
sargas
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 01:15:23 AM »

He is being watched, and might just receive 'OUTLAW STATUS' if he's not careful...
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 09:47:55 AM »

Outlaw status or not, it won't make a difference: I don't have stations/modules, my ships are safe, and I don't depend on others to get stronger.  7

Good thing COM missions pay good solars--otherwise I'd be forced to break 2 million this week to be able to take out bigger stations.  laugh
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 10:08:28 AM »

Outlaw status or not, it won't make a difference: I don't have stations/modules, my ships are safe, and I don't depend on others to get stronger.  7

Good thing COM missions pay good solars--otherwise I'd be forced to break 2 million this week to be able to take out bigger stations.  laugh

Ahh but you forget it is possible for people to catch you while your doing those.  Instead of hitting your ship someone could just loot the station before you get the chance. activate a COM of their own there making you fight more ships or possible just hitting your COM ship instead forcing you to start the mission timer all over again.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 11:17:05 PM »

These were fun times. 1
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 08:36:26 PM »

If I may ask, where di you save/store/upload the screenshots so they could be posted?

And what's that comment about getting COM missions so there'd be more ships to "defend" a station?

I like the screenshot thing. Is why I'm posting. I'd like to get into that here/there or somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:38:38 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 09:14:32 PM »

And what's that comment about getting COM missions so there'd be more ships to "defend" a station?

Basically it's just droping your own COM mission on top of theirs. So if say they have a hijacking mission with 3 ships of 400k power total to beat and their ship has 700k power then they won't really have a hard time. However if you have a hijacking mission at the same planetary body then you can "drop" that mission by talking to the crew in your cargo bay and then those ships will pop up in orbit as well. Because they are both hijackings the game will then add them to the same force basically and instead of that person having to take down those 3 ships with 400k power they will then also have to take down whatever ships have popped up from your hijacking mission. It can be extremely annoying and if a larger player were to drop a COM mission on top of a smaller players mission it basically could be used to simply block their mission and make it impossible for them to complete. Of note though only missions of the same type interfere with each other, if someone is doing a nest mission (pretty obvious because there will be a pirate station in orbit) and you drop a hijacking then they won't have to deal with the pirate ships that pop up to complete their nest mission and you won't have to deal with theirs.

At least that is what I remember being told quite some time ago, I'm not that experienced in dealing with multiple missions at once but I'm pretty sure that is how it works. Sargas had to remind me of this not too long ago as I had just come back to the game after about a 9 month absense and I thought him dropping one of his missions had lengthened my timer but I had just miscalculated when it would be finished. That is another way to use COM missions, just dropping yours on top of theirs to lengthen their timer thus their ship has to remain in orbit longer than they thought and it gives you time to attack their ship (if that is something you like to do).

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: