Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 26, 2024, 12:58:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Starbender Enterprises  (Read 7016 times)
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2013, 08:07:31 PM »

Starbender Enterprises, SBE, is a new corporation formed with the intent of pushing forward into deep space. We are dedicated to the peaceful exploration of the deepest regions of space human technology will allow us to travel. To that extent, we have a proven plan to succeed at our goal. (It is proven because we wrote it down. 19)

We are looking for new players that want to discover what is out there.

All we require is that you are willing to work uphill against all odds and be loyal to the others beside you, working just as hard to get up that hill. Side by side, we will sing down the yellow brick road of space, face the darkest shadows together, and emerge in front of a great emerald palace somewhere. We only hope the aliens that own it are friendly. We will disdain conflict, but we will stand our ground together against tyrannical predators that would weaken us. Our loyalty and courage will become legend throughout the comos. Peoples everywhere will sing our praises in song, mostly while drunk.
We will be known as
the Starbenders!
Report to moderator   Logged

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »

I can't resist this.

Follow the Yellow Brick Road. Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
Follow, follow, follow, follow,
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
Follow the Yellow Brick, Follow the Yellow Brick,
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

We're off to see the Wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
You'll find he is a whiz of a Wiz! If ever a Wiz! there was.
If ever oh ever a Wiz! there was The Wizard of Oz is one because,
Because, because, because, because, because.
Because of the wonderful things he does.
We're off to see the Wizard. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

In all seriousness good luck to you and your alliance.
sargas
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 12:13:34 AM »

Wizard?

of OZ?

...and all sargas can do is shake his head and slowly walk away...

BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 01:07:29 AM »

So..uh...the Big Bad Once and Future Pirate King is a musical enthusiast?
Didn't see that one coming.  3

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 01:52:04 AM »

I loved that movie when I was a kid.  I still like it but it isn't one of my favorites now lol
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 01:31:09 PM »

I am from Oz. A bit of a wizard at times haha.
So..uh...the Big Bad Once and Future Pirate King is a musical enthusiast?
You havent heard of the musical, "Pirates of Penzance?" lol
Good luck out there.
All we require is that you are willing to work uphill against all odds and be loyal to the others beside you, working just as hard to get up that hill. Side by side, we will sing down the yellow brick road of space, face the darkest shadows together, and emerge in front of a great emerald palace somewhere. We only hope the aliens that own it are friendly. We will disdain conflict, but we will stand our ground together against tyrannical predators that would weaken us. Our loyalty and courage will become legend throughout the comos. Peoples everywhere will sing our praises in song, mostly while drunk.
We will be known as the Starbenders!
That sounds like an inflated version of my own policy, without the song and dance routine hehe Oh, and nobody dare ask which way do you bend ;)
A guild dedicated to mining & self-sufficiency in deep space with mutual defence of its realms and members. A non-aggressive corps, we will defend our territories and allies fiercely. It will be a long, slow haul, but rewarding to see the fruits of our labours
and then we get to this:
To that extent, we have a proven plan to succeed at our goal. (It is proven because we wrote it down.)
Proof is not in the pudding? oh wait, hmmmm you wrote it down ok that is a little harder to swallow. Lets reconfigure this statement, "We have successfully written it down" hmmmmm doesnt incorporate proof. "We can prove we have written it down" OK i am buying into that one a bit better....now its sounding more biblical haha
If we were to use "proof is not in the pudding" as a simultaneous equation with "It is proven because we wrote it down" then we get as a solution:
"We can prove we didnt write it in the pudding" hmmmm darn it now we are just getting silly ;)
Must be time for my bed again  laugh

Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 05:02:48 PM »

Oh dear, and you almost had it, too.  laugh

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 02:29:39 PM »

i wonder if that is how Einstein met his match just before working out his formula for a unified field theorem. Got silly, went to bed and forgot to wake up again the next morning. Best that I dont get too silly and head down the same path haha
Perhaps with your proof, and my ramblings, we can continue where he left off haha

Let me know how you get on out there BB Goode. You know you always have an ally with IMG. Always happy to endorse non-aggressive corporations.

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »

BB, you have earned my respect as well, and I am willing to help you as much as i can...
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 11:17:55 PM »

Starbender Enterprises is proud to announce a 50% increase in membership over the last month. It is, admittedly, below the 100% increase of the previous month, but we are pleased with the results anyway. We are targeting another 50% increase for September, regardless of the fact that our accounting department is adamant that the number is unachievable. Bean counters...go figure.  7

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »

[IMG] cant boast on personnel increases per se, but happy to announce we have a lot of beans to count 16
Approaching 100M$. That generally keeps the admin accounts dept "bean-counters" busy and out of the way of the important stuff of running a corporation.
"Taxes are what keep the bean-counters happy"
We are man-dated to reach our 100M$ bean count this weekend before any additional spending is approved by this office.

For those who wish to join a well established, financially independent and proven corps, apply here ----> [IMG]

Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 04:45:44 PM »

I am offended that you would hijack another Corp's recruiting page for your own add. I wouldn't do it to you, I can't believe Mr. "Fair and Honorable" would do it to anyone else. Your constant bragging about your bank account is getting boring as well, regardless of where it is placed. As near as I can tell, that is everywhere. It seems your Corp is about YOU.

And that is reason enough to join a newer, fresher Corp, like Starbender Enterprises. Where "Fair" and "Honorable" are not just words. A Corp in which you are not playing to glorify the leader, but to have a good time in your own game and with other players that are just in it for the fun of it.

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: