Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 26, 2024, 10:07:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Partial fills on SOS  (Read 7721 times)
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2013, 12:34:19 AM »

SOS. Help!!!

"Hey, how you doing? What seems to be the problem?"
"We have a terrible epidemic on our ship. Mothers are losing their children. Wives are losing their husbands. Husbands are losing their mistresses. I am losing valuable crew! We need medicines before we all catch this horrid space virus and die."
"No problem. We will give you what we have. How much do you need?"
"We need eight hundred units."
"Sorry, we only have two hundred, fifty units. But you are welcome to it all."
"Only two hundred fifty units? Then we don't want a damned thing. We will just die together. Get the hell off my ship!"

"Huh?"
Report to moderator   Logged

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
sargas
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »

I have always had a desire to destroy the 'plague ships'...
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 06:35:03 PM »

They didn't offer that good of a price, either. It wasn't even a 50% markup. 4

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 08:10:12 PM »

They are only worth it on the 4th ring anyways lol.   Also i really wish we could have the option to blow them up. They often seem to be found in groups and that makes me wonder if they have infected other ships that have tried to help them. That isn't a good thing and the infections must be stopped.
sargas
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:08:09 PM »

yes, cleanse that type of infection by fire...
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 10:44:15 PM »

Running into back-to-back SOS calls of these things, with nothing to show for it, is enough to make me quit doing them. And that is exactly what just happened.

So, I have a ship with too low a tech to be effective in COMM missions, because they are not actually set by power, but hull size, it would appear. I have SOS missions that refuse help. And there is no economic system to play with. The game is starting to look way too skewed toward old, bored mega-players, with nothing but days and weeks of boredom ahead for new players as well. Just another example of things being too convoluted, too forced and too cutesy to be effective. I am starting to get frustrated with the lack of fore thought and the extreme lack of depth. Everything seems surface level and ho-hum. Mega players talking constantly about using "million power" ships to go hunting for some excitement. Regardless of the GC, small players that get hit like that are ruined for weeks, days if they play constantly hour to hour. And I get tired of the words "be patient" getting used to excuse lack of focus, and frankly, lack of interest, in the things that make a game actually work.

I don't know how much longer I will waste my time repeating the same trips to Io twenty-five times a day. Somewhere out there, there is a game that actually works.
I will find it.

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 10:53:55 PM »

Try to get a titan and fill it up with a bunch of MK 1 advanced cargoes. That is what I had to do at first with my SOS ships. You need 25k-30k cargo space. Only place worth doing them is out on the outer ring (4th ring).  Problem is it does take a while to sell all the meds and collect a full load of SOS pods.  The pods are the big money and worth it though.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 05:16:37 AM »

Running into back-to-back SOS calls of these things, with nothing to show for it, is enough to make me quit doing them. And that is exactly what just happened.

So, I have a ship with too low a tech to be effective in COMM missions, because they are not actually set by power, but hull size, it would appear. I have SOS missions that refuse help. And there is no economic system to play with. The game is starting to look way too skewed toward old, bored mega-players, with nothing but days and weeks of boredom ahead for new players as well. Just another example of things being too convoluted, too forced and too cutesy to be effective. I am starting to get frustrated with the lack of fore thought and the extreme lack of depth. Everything seems surface level and ho-hum. Mega players talking constantly about using "million power" ships to go hunting for some excitement. Regardless of the GC, small players that get hit like that are ruined for weeks, days if they play constantly hour to hour. And I get tired of the words "be patient" getting used to excuse lack of focus, and frankly, lack of interest, in the things that make a game actually work.

I don't know how much longer I will waste my time repeating the same trips to Io twenty-five times a day. Somewhere out there, there is a game that actually works.
I will find it.

You talk too much sometimes. LOL

Anyway, I'm not sure if you forgot these but you should try pirating and trading.

I started raiding on the day I finished the course, and it was my second day of playing.  laugh And by trading I mean buying resources from Earth and selling them to the SOL trading stations around 0,0. Make those trading trips more profitable by including the interstellar missions - preferably 3 missions to the same star.

And I don't quite agree with you saying "...lack of fore thought and the extreme lack of depth." It's a bit extreme.  1

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 09:49:36 AM »

So Raph I wasn't the only one who finished the academy on their 2nd day of playing lol. When I started the commodity stations weren't even there yet. lol
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 01:35:44 AM »

You talk too much sometimes. LOL

I say what I have to say when I feel the need to say it. I find that far preferable to people that have so little to say that they feel the need to copy entire postings from others, in quotations, so they can utter a one line statement about it.  14

Oh yeah.....LOL...

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »

Well, I did my best to make lemonade out of lemons. I just limped home, loaded up on only medicine and fuel and delivered the freaking goods. I did make more than I spent on those two trips, but I think I barely broke even on the whole series of events. Better than losing my shirt, though, since deep space is kinda cold.  19

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 05:24:11 PM »

starting a new corp and going it alone is a tough route for sure BB Goode. The game module, while not perfect by any means, can be worked effectively. read up on your Charles Darwin evolutionary theories about adapt and overcome obstacles. We have the largest brain mass per body mass of all the species on earth(some member species excepted lol) I know you are clever enough to work out the dynamics of the game and have already figured that getting anywhere fast is not going to happen at first.
Contrary to Rafael's and JamJul's model of how to succeed is to:" succeed on the backs of less fortunate beings", if a quicker fix is required and you find patience is not always a virtue within yourself, petition to one of the top corps for addition. You can grow at a quicker pace than solo and learn from those first hand who have already worked the dynamics of the game before hand and done all the grimy hard labour to build a corp. After you feel you have the swing of things, and you then choose to branch out on your own again to form your own band of vagabonds, or colonists, whichever is your bent, then it is possible to do so. You have quoted at doing service, as have i (military) So we know its not a life sentence to sign up for such a service. Some like it so much it is for life until they are dragged kicking and screaming and asked to retire.
"Gravity is the weakest force in the universe, but it is so undeniably attractive and persistent" Gravitate together is the key.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 06:04:01 AM »

Dadds is correct.  Early on it can be tough out there. Especially if you don't raid.  However the larger corps are willing to help.  My only condition is when people leave our corp is that they notify me ahead of time and explain why they want to leave.  The only time I get mad when it comes to someone leaving us is if they do it without notice and then proceed to ignore me when I ask them why.
BB Goode
Corporal

I'm somewhere in here...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 11:57:47 AM »

Who would ignore a 8 foot tall robot dressed up for a Japanese parade?

Starbender Enterprises
Conquering the Universe
One Galaxy at a Time
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 05:04:13 PM »

The megazord is much larger then that.  lol
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print