Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  May 01, 2024, 02:46:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: EMPIRE OF SARGAS (EoS)  (Read 18372 times)
sargas
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 12:03:13 PM »

I sell both fuel and medicine.

I will buy/sell other mats by appointment...
Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 08:05:25 PM »

I see. Where is this trade station located?
sargas
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »

The location of the 'Empire of Sargas' is well documented.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »

What happens if i AM a member of the GC and want to dispute it? lol You want to claim a whole quadrant to yourself? hmmmm
Be assured, IMG may come knocking at your door one day soon 16
Perhaps the empire of Sargas needs to splinter off and by doing so, drop the "P" in its current"peaceful" mining inc lol. Maybe you are outgrowing PMI
We dont acknowledge quadrant sovereignty claims at all, that is just getting greedy. You are more than welcome to occupy and trade in and out of there as is right and proper.
In fact, we should have probably Petitioned Sir Emi regarding our takeover of his Sol system (not a takeover, i like to call it our embassy reps) Which is all good and proper.
We do however have issue with bold claims of outer systems and such. Based on the current galactic charter rules if we were to acknowledge such a claim, that then gives the owner rights to kill other pilots on their territories. Until our policies become more defined, strategic claims on outer systems will not be approved by IMG

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »

Like I had said this is unofficial.  The GC does not and will not recognize claim of ownership of the area. But since he is just offering protection in the area and not actually claiming the area for himself, I got no issues with him giving a joke name to the area. He knows he doesn't actually own the area. Anyone can set up there as they want.
sargas
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 11:46:23 PM »

In your own words, Dadds:

"It is in international zone and free to exploit by all who venture there...which brings me to a most important point....ALL WHO VENTURE THERE."

I am NOT claiming ownership, ALL are welcome in the Empire of Sargas (except for pilots Untamed and BillNorthon).  They just have to obey the non-agressive requirement for settling there and help in it's defense.  

I really don't understand IMG not liking a free and peaceful area (after all a peaceful galaxy is a part of what I understand to be both IMG and GC policy).  The only difference between the Empire and SOL system (and your belief that it extends to blanket sector 0,0) is the GC (including myself) will police the homeworlds and the defense of sector 4,0 will be handled by the Sargasian Navy (GC members are welcome to help in it's protection if they wish).  

GC members and all others are welcome to set up stations  or mines in the sector and you are welcome to come by and discover that what i am saying is true.  I already have a public fuel station there.

If you still have trouble with it, bring it to the council for a vote.  The Empire is a member of both the GC and PMI.  Any agression against me is in violation of both our NAP and the Charter.  

Also:
Hmmmm empire of sargas? is that a new corp? Oh, no my bad.... Still PMI. Well good luck out there. What are you selling up that far?

Where were your objections when I first declared the establishment of the 'Empire'?

(edit because it is sometimes fun...Did I ever tell you the story about the birth (Oct 12, 1966) of my moustache?)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:08:22 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2013, 02:43:15 PM »

Dadds, IMG may use any of its corporate ships to patrol the Empire (any GC member corporate ships are given the same privilege).  However, they will be expected to help protect the sector if their help is needed.

the 3 major regulations for settling there are:

1. NO AGGRESSION

2. All are welcome1 to set up Science Labs, Mines, and/or Harvesters.

3. Any non-settler war ships must be conducting COM missions.  Any who are not will be asked to keep moving and not park anywhere (including system safe spots).

1 exceptions are pilots Untamed (GC Outlaw) and BillNorthon (wanted by PMI for corporate theft).

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:58:22 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2013, 03:45:18 PM »

Dadds, IMG may use any of its corporate ships to patrol the Empire (any GC member corporate ships are given the same privilege).  However, they will be expected to help protect the sector if their help is needed.

the 3 major regulations for settling there are:

1. NO AGGRESSION

2. All are welcome1 to set up Science Labs, Mines, and/or Harvesters.

3. Any non-settler war ships must be conducting COM missions.  Any who are not will be asked to keep moving and not park anywhere (including system safe spots).

1 exceptions are pilots Untamed (GC Outlaw) and BillNorthon (wanted by PMI for corporate theft).

Sargas you really can't make rules for that area.  It is not officially controlled by you.  Anyone can go there if they wish. If they don't want to settle you don't have the authority to run them off. Though you can try to physically remove them if you really want. But that kinda violates your own protection stuff you offer.  Though no one will say anything if you run off Untamed or bill lol
sargas
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2013, 05:57:46 PM »

you are correct JJ, I will retract #3.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2013, 12:15:09 PM »

Where were your objections when I first declared the establishment of the 'Empire'?
Because when you first declared it, i read it as some sort of role playing ego trip tongue-in-cheek gag, until i realised you were actually serious.
Here are my terms when it comes to dealing with another "emerging empire"

1. WE dont acknowledge the empire of Sargas as it is not a registered corporation;
2. The empire of Sargas cannot exist AND hide behind NAPs or Galactic membership by being a part of another Corporation; that is a conflict of interest. If you want IMG to recognise an entity called "the empire of Sargas" then that empire will need to form a true and registered corporate entity, and then proceed to negotiate to the GC for inclusion and NAP treaties with us.
3. If we (IMG) see fit  to conduct military operations in the area "claimed" by the Empire of Sargas for whatever reasoning, being personal or on GC or IMG business, we will do so and any attempts to hinder IMG operations within those areas will be considered an act of aggression against us and be dealt with accordingly.
4. IMG helps those who request help from piracy or privateer attacks by either applying directly to my command, or through the GC process. We dont acknowledge the Empire of Sargas and so cannot be expected to defend or protect such a territory at the insistence of its self proclaimed Emperor.

That pretty much sums up IMG stance regarding sector claim jumping.
Have a nice day 1

Dadds

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 04:43:52 PM »

Does it make you feel safer now that I have changed it's name:

sector 4,0 is now the 'Sargas Protectorate'.

The only thing that means is the area is under my protection.

All are welcome to settle peacefully.

(or y'all can call it Stevieville)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:23:50 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »

Can we just stop the arguing?  Sargas is giving his protection to an area.  He is working to combat piracy (not that i am aware of any that far out) in that area. A name is just a name.  Either name sounds better then quadrant 4,0. lol.  Trust me Dadds I have made sure to keep a close eye on this to make sure he doesn't overstep his bounds.  Which I don't think he will.  You also don't got to worry about any GC holdings/ships being targeted by Sargas or any other member of PMI.  If someone does ever do it, notify me immediately and I will handle the situation. 
sargas
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 09:01:39 PM »

actually...

Let me say this:

The 'Empire' exists...

If you do not like it, address the issue in the Galactic Council meeting room.

All the 'EoS' is doing is trying to protect a peaceful community.

If you do not like that, then it looks to to be a basic violation of your charter...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:22:19 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 06:00:55 AM »

Sorry to play devil's advocate with this Sargas, but what i see is you demanding a list of things i can and cannot do in international space.  You may call sector 4,0 whatever you want to call it but by our reckonings its just plain old sector 4,0 to us. If you want to patrol its dwindling ore reserves and watch out for baddies, then great i applaud you! i wont, however, be bound by any of your rulings whilst travelling through that sector. I am bound by our own personal IMG charter when we are in international space,which is basically to not bring aggression against non hostile pilots or their holdings and to allow all friendlies to come and go freely without fear of assault.
Many a bad cult has formed from such peaceful communities forming a "protectorate"

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »

I think I understand your problem with this.  You are worried about the 'what-ifs' and paying no attention to the 'what-is'.

All the 'Empire of Sargas' is trying to do is the very same thing that the Galactic Council is trying to do in the 'Empire of Sol'.

The 'Sargas Protectorate' can be considerededed (...dag-nabbit! sometimes I just cant stop a word...
...you should hear me try to say 'bananana'...)  to be the same as sector 0,0.

If you ever hear any complaints about the integrity of either me or the 'empire' please let me know.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: