Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 23, 2024, 02:22:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATED] Lorrian Star Kingdom  (Read 5617 times)
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2015, 02:06:57 AM »

Lorrian Star Kingdom

General Info

The Lorrian Star Kingdom was founded in mid-June 2015, formed by ex-SCORP king, Madden. It is built upon a reliable system that dates back to the ancient feudal system of medieval England. Its flag signifies the exploration of the unknown darkness, the victory of light over dark. The Sun has 16 spikes, which represent the number of planets that were annexed by the Kingdom upon its founding. Meanwhile, the Kingdom also awards Ribbons of Recognition to members who have performed great merits for the Kingdom. These ribbons may be put on the forum signature of the recipient. The list of Ribbons can be found further down the post.

Hierachy

The KingThe ultimate power & authority holder. Whatever he says goes, but most of the time he conducts polls and discussions with his main council before making any concrete decision.

The DukesThis was a rare title awarded to long-serving members of the Kingdom, and a title awarded only to the best of the best. Most of the time, the Kingdom will only have 2 Dukes at one given time.

The Earls / CountsThis title is only given to close relatives and friends of the King. It holds no real power, but is still a part of the main council and they possess the right to speak up against the King’s opinions.

The BaronsThis title is awarded to members in return for the member’s agreement to protect at least one of the Kingdom’s colonies with ships and defensive stations.

The KnightsThese knights form the core part of the Kingdom’s military, and their main task is to fight in wars as well as defeat pirates, but during peace time, they will help the Barons in protecting their lands. This was done only after taking a royal oath to the king to serve him their lifetime devotion & faithfulness.

The SquiresThese were the group of people who were apprentices and assistants to the knights. Most of the time, Squires are Knights-in-training and will be promoted to Knights when they are deemed fit and worthy for duty.

The CommonersThis rank is immediately gained by new members and they have no fixed duty. If anyone higher up in the Hierachy gives them a task, such as scouting a certain system or joining a battle against foes, it is not compulsory to obey. However, completing these tasks well may result in a recommendation of promotion, where if the King deems the commoner worthy, he will be made a Squire and assigned to a Knight.

The MercenariesSometimes, members of the Kingdom (other than the Commoners) may want to hire a non-citizen of the Kingdom to perform certain tasks for them. These non-citizens are referred to as mercenaries, aka “hired men”. The employer, however, is reminded that the location of the Kingdom’s headquarters must not be revealed to the mercenary. The mercenary must also not be included in the Kingdom’s blacklist, and have neutral relations with all other corporations.

Kingdom Diplomatic Statuses

1) SPQNR - Neutral
2) EoS - NAP
3) SSS - Neutral
4) ITO - Neutral
5) NHC - Neutral
6) TGE - Neutral
7) SOL - Neutral
8) STAR - Neutral
9) PvP - Slightly Hostile, Proper Status To Be Announced
10) IMG - Hostile, Fire On Sight

The rest are neutral, but are mostly inactive and members of the Kingdom are allowed to fire at these ships. Meanwhile, it is compulsory for members to message SOL members first before attacking. If no reply is sent within three days, you will be given the all-clear to open fire. Same applies to ground forces. If any member is caught not following this etiquette, their fate will be decided by the main council.

Ribbons of Recognition

Note: These Ribbons were obtained with permission from the owners.

Graduate : Awarded to Citizens upon passing SEA Training. Citizens who joined the Kingdom after passing SEA Training are also awarded this Ribbon.

3-Month Service Ribbon: Awarded to Citizens after 3 months of continuous active service to the Kingdom. Leaving the Kingdom anytime in this period will reset the seniority count to 0, unless the said citizen is leaving the Kingdom with special permission from the King.

6-Month Service Ribbon: Awarded to Citizens after 6 months of continuous active service to the Kingdom. Leaving the Kingdom anytime in this period will reset the seniority count to 0, unless the said citizen is leaving the Kingdom with special permission from the King.

1-Year Service Ribbon: Awarded to Citizens after 1 year of continuous active service to the Kingdom. Leaving the Kingdom anytime in this period will reset the seniority count to 0, unless the said citizen is leaving the Kingdom with special permission from the King.

2-Year Service Ribbon: Awarded to Citizens after 2 years of continuous active service to the Kingdom. Leaving the Kingdom anytime in this period will reset the seniority count to 0, unless the said citizen is leaving the Kingdom with special permission from the King.

3-Year Service Ribbon: One of the most prestigious Ribbons, this Ribbon is awarded to Citizens after 3 years of continuous active service to the Kingdom. Leaving the Kingdom anytime in this period will reset the seniority count to 0, unless the said citizen is leaving the Kingdom with special permission form the King.

Military Operations Ribbon: Awarded to Citizens for active participation in a war. A screenshot of the Reports page must be sent to the King using the website snag.gy.

: Recruitment Ribbon: Awarded to Citizens for recruiting a new member. The new member has to testify that he really was recruited by the said Citizen. Gaining this Ribbon by means of corruption will result in immediate expulsion from the Kingdom, should concrete evidence be provided to the King.

Knight's Ribbon: Awarded to Citizens upon being knighted by the King. To become promoted from Squire to Knight, one has to be recommended by the Knight that the potential recipient was assigned to, before taking a solemn oath swearing their lifetime devotion and faithfulness to the Kingdom.

Duke's Ribbon: Awarded to Citizens upon promotion to Duke. The Duke is an extremely rare position, awarded only to the most hardworking of the hardworking. There can only ever be two Dukes at any given time, and Dukes are allowed to perform mining operations on the surface of the System Headquarters, which is the solar system where the headquarters is based.

Baron's Ribbon: Awarded to Citizens upon promotion to Baron. Barons are assigned a group of planets/a solar system to take charge of and they are responsible for everything that is imported and exported from the assigned stars. They are also responsible for the defense of the stars, with the option of hiring Knights and their Squires, Earls, as well as Mercenaries to aid in the defense of the stars.

Golden Star: One of two Ribbons that are awarded to non-Citizens. Awarded for exceptional service for the Kingdom. A potential recipient has to be recommended by a Kingdom Citizen ranked Knight or higher before further discussions are held until a decision is made whether or not to award the Ribbon.

Silver Star: One of two Ribbons that are awarded to non-Citizens. Awarded for recommendable service for the Kingdom. A potential recipient has to be recommended by a Kingdom Citizen ranked Knight or higher before further discussions are held until a decision is made whether or not to award the Ribbon.

Undisclosed Ribbon: What this Ribbon is for is yet to be decided. This may be used to award Citizens for participation in Operations.

Undisclosed Ribbon: What this Ribbon is for is yet to be decided. This may be used to award Citizens for participation in Operations.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:30:03 AM by Madden » Report to moderator   Logged

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 10:48:29 AM »

Kingdom Diplomatic Statuses

1) SPQNR - Peace
2) EoS - Peace  
3) PvP - Slightly Hostile
4) SSS - Neutral
5) NHC - Peace
6) TGE - Neutral
7) SOL - Neutral
8) IMG - Hostile, Fire On Sight
9) ITO - Neutral
10) STAR - Neutral

The rest are neutral...

With whom did you broker a 'Peace Treaty' with the Empire? Only the Director and I have that authority.

You are a 'Kingdom' only because you declared yourself 'King'. A kingdom requires subjects to exist.

As of this time, the Empire will offer a Non-Aggression Pact (NAP) to the Lorrian. An offer of a Peace Treaty or Alliance will be entertained when your Kingdom shows some stability.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:50:32 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 04:50:03 PM »

Ah yes, I forgot that I'm not a part of UC anymore.  16
Report to moderator   Logged

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 05:58:51 PM »

you mat reapply after you meet the criteria again lol
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 05:37:03 AM »

Sure I will.

Just that now I'm trying to change my recruitment approach to a more friendly, indirect manner. In my opinion, if I put myself into a newbie's shoes, I would think that those people who just keep trying to persuade me to join their corporations are a bunch of desperate people. What the Kingdom's recruiting method is in slowly helping and guiding the newbie, even suggesting other corps to them first, and so it is by their own voluntary decision that they (may) choose to join the Kingdom.

So I guess it will be some time before I rejoin the UC.

Also, here are some of my personal opinions on the UC.

#1: NoBrain seems to be the only active member in the UC forums. Other than him, most of us only check once in a while, or when we want to post something. Sargas's request for SCORP's removal was unanswered for 10 days.
#2: We don't really seem to be doing much. Help newbies? Do you guys even send greetings to all the new players who enter the universe? If you do, nice job, but if you don't, I don't really see how the UC can help newbies. Fight pirates? Pirates are becoming rather rare nowadays, and if we even have a pirate on the loose it takes over a week of deciding before a proper decision to hunt the pirate down. Joint war operations? Doesn't seem like there's much war happening now. Generally I think helping newbies should become the UC's number one priority.
#3: I think having a "requirement" to join the UC is not really beneficial. I think what we should consider is the corporation leader's ability and dedication. The United Corporations is an alliance of corporations, not an alliance of STRONG corporations. We should allow new corporations in, and slowly guide them through the game. It also gives the leaders of new corporations a reason to remain active and ensure a steady inflow of new active corporations and captains.

That's all for now. Hope you actually do something about the points listed above.  1

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: