Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 26, 2024, 01:50:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Removing NHC from the GC  (Read 10372 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »

Both GoodPerson and Morbius have been MIA for far too long.  My mining leader Sargas has been in communication with some of their members and has tried to suggest to them that one of them needs to contact SirEmi and have leadership transferred to them. But none seem to want to do it. They seem content where they are.  So as it stand now NHC is now a leaderless corps and as such can not fulfill their duties to the GC.  I propose we remove them from the GC.  I know this would leave us with 2 members. But if IMG's number 2 approves of ITO joining the GC it will put us back at 3.
Report to moderator   Logged
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 03:04:51 AM »

I agree they have been gone to long but we cant just remove them on the spot... I think there should be a waiting period with a vote and a 2nd vote to agree to replace NHC with ITO in the GC council because that is what we are pretty much doing here.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 03:53:43 AM »

There has been more then enough of a waiting time.  I waited a long time before even bringing up this idea.  It was not one I even wanted to have to. I kept hoping their leaders would come back. Other then Goodperson logging on once and having not been on since then, there hasn't been any activity from them. Their members are content to just leave things how they are rather then one of them assume leadership.  I think they have been given more then enough time.   As for them being replaced by ITO. While that is basically what is being done they need to be treated as a separate issue.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 07:29:53 AM »

yeah i think they are to be considered separate proposals. The call to vote for inclusion to the GC has been on the table for a long period and the petitioner has waited patiently for our ruling. I think we should make a decision on that immediately now that our rep is back and then discuss how we proceed with the NHC issue between the active council members.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 03:10:20 PM »

yeah i think they are to be considered separate proposals. The call to vote for inclusion to the GC has been on the table for a long period and the petitioner has waited patiently for our ruling. I think we should make a decision on that immediately now that our rep is back and then discuss how we proceed with the NHC issue between the active council members.

I agree.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 03:37:42 PM »

OK lets revisit the proposal to remove NHC from the GC. Reasoning: inactivity within its own ranks at leadership level so thereby unable to govern. vote or make policy within the GC as a whole.
IMG vote "yes" for the standing down of NHC as a Galactic Council member.
In this vote, i am exercising my right as leader of IMG and member of the GC to vote in proxy for our representative who is MIA.

I call for all active voters to cast their decision on this benched proposal.
All council members have the right to put their views forward, however only the acknowledged rep will be allowed final vote for their corporation.

Signed

Dadds, CiC [IMG], GC member.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 05:47:48 PM »

PMI votes yes on this issue.
sargas
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »

All council members have the right to put their views forward, however only the acknowledged rep will be allowed final vote for their corporation.

Signed

Dadds, CiC [IMG], GC member.

Thank you for the opportunity to express my views.

The vote now stands at 2(two) for removal with 2(two) other member corporations waiting to vote.

While I in agreement with the idea of doing something about the NHC situation, we need to understand that we are setting a precident here.

Is there a procedure outlined in the charter regarding removal of members?  There is a procedure listed for  a corporation to apply for membership in the GC.

We need to make an amendment to the charter to allow removal of a member corporation (showing causes and detailing how such a thing is to be done.

...(edit for the usual reasons - spelling and grammar)...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:47:31 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 09:37:34 PM »

An Amendment really can't be done at the moment though since NHC isn't active.  This isn't exactly something I like having to do but the situation calls for it. Also if you recall I did discuss this with you a little.
sargas
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »

an amendment can be called for a discussion/vote at any time.

As of now, the GC contains 4 member corporations.  A 3-1 vote qualifies for both majority and super-majority (75% of votes) even if the lone vote abstains.

I agree that we need to do something about NHC (and the next corporations in that situation), but let's do it properly (a precident is being set)...

I remember talking with you about this.  I agree with you.  I just want it done legally.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:09:49 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 08:15:50 AM »

If you recall I was also trying to push for this before Jazz was accepted.  I figured this would get resolved first which it didn't lol.  Also I am waiting on SirEmi to even give Jazz his forum powers. I sent him a PM about it. After this is resolved with NHC I think we can begin discussing the admendment. Hopefully by then Jazz has his powers.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 12:24:12 PM »

I'm glad Jazz hasn't voted yet. Just found out Teteeeeu has taken over NHC. Working on getting in touch with him now.
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 12:49:32 PM »

The ITO abstains from voting, because we don't know anything about NHC but their disappearing out of moon orbit.

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 12:57:51 PM »

I just noticed the moon. That has to be Raph's doings.
sargas
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 01:29:58 PM »

the voting is now 2(two) for NHC removal, 1(one) abstention, and 1(one) waiting to vote.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: