Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 28, 2024, 02:29:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mining  (Read 2458 times)
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2013, 05:02:22 PM »

I decided to try mining. I build myself nice MK 200 Miner and harvester. I have install a space station to collect automatically the mineral and gaz. The transfer is done every 6 hrs and my miner and harvested fill up every 2 hrs. As it is now 2/3 of my mining goes to waste. I am building 48 new ones at MK 400. They will fill in one hour.

Suggestions:
1- transfer every hour (more load on the game server and what if I upgrade my miners to MK 600 it will be broken again) an easy to implement but not very good solution.
2- improve the miner storage with the MK level. Let say 2.5 m3 more storage per level. At MK 200 that would give (200*2.5)+100=600m3 storage. This would be my prefer solution because it would work for all MK levels.

Regards,

Captain Matamaure
Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 12:54:10 PM »

yep good idea for suggestion number 2. As you say, no matter how quickly the auto update happens, a pilot will eventually break the ratio of amount per hour collected over the transfer rate for 100m3 ore. It would also mean for non automated players, and sites, that fewer visits would be needed to clean out the module, saving fuel and time. It would also, also mean, pirates may benefit more from raiding those bigger modules with fuller cargos. (oh well, cant have everything my own way i guess lol)
Report to moderator   Logged

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: