Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 10:54:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Raphael in-game badgering  (Read 17198 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 04:21:22 AM »

The bug triggers on both sides when someone starts a really large timer with high attack powers.  Back when we were set up on Jupiter he would constantly start attacks he never had any intention of letting go through.  Times when we or someone else didn't jump him away he would cancel the attack and restart it.  These were also attacks he had 0 chance at winning.  Considering the bug effects both people and he saw Dadds complain about the bug he had to know what a pain it would be to have to deal with.  Let me ask you something. Why in the galacy would Raph start an attack he would know would mess up his own timers if he had no chance at winning and had no intentions of follow through with the suicide attack?  The fact he canceled the timer a few times and restarted it seeme to indicate he had no intention of ever really attacking.  Hell when I would start a timer of my own with our large corp ship he would jump out to cancel the timer. Then jump back in and start up another of his own there.   Yes I can't prove anything. I am not psychic.  But I am not dense either.  His motives seem quite clear. His intentions can be figured out by using logic.  Now let me ask you something else Sargas.  Why are you so quick to defend him here?  The accusations are far from far fetched.  I know nothing is going to get done about this though.  We will be lucky if the bug gets fixed. As for bug abusers, they rarely get punished on any of SirEmi's games. Trust me I have seen some in another one of his games get away with a lot of crap.
Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 10:21:16 AM »

Whiners are done whining already? New posts for my amusement please.  laugh
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 02:51:22 PM »

I am not whining.  Just was stating a point about what was done there. Sargas is the one who kept dragging the issue on.  Which ment I had to explain things a little better for him.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 01:01:13 PM »

I wouldnt bother replying to Raphael's badgering JamJul. He lives in his form of reality which is different from the rest of us haha. It just takes us to his little realm of oddly distorted truths and facts.

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 04:25:43 PM »

sigh...

what I am saying is:

He cannot be censured for abusing the same bug we abuse.

His starting an attack that you do not think has a chance in succeeding, is not against the 'rules of war' ('ell, there ain't none).  it is called an act of attrition and has long been a facet of war.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:08:30 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »

If he had been going through with the attacks I wouldn't consider it bug abuse. But by doing it to repeatly try to screw up people's attack list is bug abuse. With him it wasn't even used to cover up another attack. It was done to try to annoy and possibly try to make us mad.
sargas
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 11:08:16 AM »

and all those are valid acts of war...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 11:55:24 AM »

Abusing a bug that involves the attack system to blind the enemy, in paticular to just annoy rather then hurt is bug abuse. Though doing it to even blind their attack list without the intent to attack is bug abuse since this is a bug and bug abuse is against the TOS. 

Playing fairly and Honestly   
       Astro Galaxy upholds high standards of moral behavior. Any player who is caught manipulating bugs in the game or has been cheating in any other way will be deleted from the game immediately. Using vulgar words towards other players may also lead to deletion.

That said we all know SirEmi doesn't actually enforce this. I would rather just see this bug fixed.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 10:12:43 PM »

This may not be my place to say this but I'm going to say it anyway. Sargas I don't think I have to tell you this but uh... this is a game. While real war doesn't have rules, in a game there has to be rules of some kind, because the game itself is built upon rules which everyone must follow either via the way the game is coded and operates or the rules those in charge deem it fit for us to abide by.

If it is a bug and someone is using it for any advantage or in this case harassment/trolling w/e you want to call it then that is bug abuse, period. Whether someone else uses the bug as well is irrelevant, two wrongs does not make it right. If others are abusing this bug as well then SirEmi may choose to punish those people as well. Or if Jam is right then perhaps he should just fix the bug so it isn't an issue anymore. Personally I think he should just fix it seeing as how it seems like something that people could run into inadvertantly and cause all sorts of chaos without people even being aware of it.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 12:32:06 PM »

Sargas loves to be a criminal lawyer, always supporting them against his allies and even his corporation. Time is coming soon, Sargas where i will show you where you can file those law books.
I believe that is also a "valid act of war" lol

Time for complaining is done, time for action is soon. "tick tock"

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: