Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 02:07:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: ITO  (Read 46844 times)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2014, 10:41:38 PM »

I can squeeze another round of manufacturing during that time. So it is MK CM in a month.  You better upgrade your ship as well. diablo
Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2014, 12:47:25 PM »

Always happy to oblige a combat training event. Wonder where my lasers will be in 3-4 weeks lol

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2014, 09:35:17 PM »

Not that far for sure. At 11.3M RP per level beyond CCL, you can't upgrade your lasers that much. I'm pretty sure that I make more RP/hr than you as well. LOL
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2014, 03:00:03 AM »

Not that far for sure. At 11.3M RP per level beyond CCL, you can't upgrade your lasers that much. I'm pretty sure that I make more RP/hr than you as well. LOL

Don't assume the laser tech you see on his ships is his max he can build. Considering the long build time he likely has gotten the tech up much more since then.  Personally I think you both are focusing too much on the lasers themselves.  I think after a certain point it is just best to stop for a while so you can get around to upgrading your other ships to about the same tech level.  This can help to maximize money from COMs. Not to mention make better uses of your bays. If your constantly getting higher on each ship upgrade your just ending up with even longer build times meaning it takes that much longer to get out making the solars. That is just my opinion though. If you want to focus on making a couple super ships that is your alls business. lol
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2014, 11:23:05 PM »

Don't assume the laser tech you see on his ships is his max he can build. Considering the long build time he likely has gotten the tech up much more since then.  Personally I think you both are focusing too much on the lasers themselves.  I think after a certain point it is just best to stop for a while so you can get around to upgrading your other ships to about the same tech level.  This can help to maximize money from COMs. Not to mention make better uses of your bays. If your constantly getting higher on each ship upgrade your just ending up with even longer build times meaning it takes that much longer to get out making the solars. That is just my opinion though. If you want to focus on making a couple super ships that is your alls business. lol

You can tell things about ship development, income maximization, best bay usage, etc. to someone who is a newbie. Not to someone like me. Haha

Besides, at my level, building super ships is one of the very few things left that remains interesting to do until updates come out. LOL

Always happy to oblige a combat training event. Wonder where my lasers will be in 3-4 weeks lol

Just a heads up, I will park SSS Predator over Jupiter this coming Friday, and it will stay there over the weekend. You can attack it if you're still around. Staying over the weekend will also give you enough time to come out from your hiding place in the outer rings.LOL

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2014, 03:22:14 PM »

You can tell things about ship development, income maximization, best bay usage, etc. to someone who is a newbie. Not to someone like me. Haha

Besides, at my level, building super ships is one of the very few things left that remains interesting to do until updates come out. LOL

I do all that already lol. Still corp ships are another good way to help people grow.   Also I agree on the super ship thing.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2014, 03:05:05 AM »

SSS Predator is now orbiting Jupiter.

If you are not too scared Dadds, it's time for you to come out from your hiding place. LOL
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2014, 11:27:05 AM »

I sent on of my captains scan your ship on display at Jupiter. He said: very impressive attack power but low shields. Thx for the view Ralph.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2014, 06:03:10 AM »

Low shields? It has 10,860,656 shield, and considering it is only a battlecruiser ship with only 58 module slots, I don't really consider it low on shields. 1
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2014, 06:04:50 AM »

And still no Dadds in sight. I didn't really expect he'd show up.Haha

BTW Mata, you can attack it too. Just to have some fun until the updates come out. LOL
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2014, 07:42:37 AM »

Thx for the offer Ralph, my 26 warships are all doing COM missions right now. What I would be curious about is a battle with 2 ships per side. I did one with a warship and an unarmed scout protected and the first round of combat was done by the scout!!!!!!  I lost the battle. My warship had all the power needed to dispatch the 5 ennemy ships. In my opinion the combat system is still brooken. And the numbers given by my scan was ATT 16 millions, DEF 6 millions for a total power of 15.5 millions; if those numbers are not right, there is an other bug!

I did the calculations by hand and the scann should have shown DEF at 10.5 millions (30 Adv shd MK 300 at 189375 each: 30 * 189375 * 1.85 = 10.5 mil) and ATT 24 viper MK 800: 24 * 401500 * 1.85 * 1.65 = 29.4 mil. total power = (30 * 189375) + (24 * 401500) = 15.3+ mil.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:25:12 AM by Matamaure001 » Report to moderator   Logged
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2014, 11:01:29 AM »

Below is the result of the active scan I just redone:

SSS Predator
Ship abilities:   
Weapons Shield Armor Manpower Combat speed Dodge Interplanetary Interstellar Cargo bay
15968477 5870625 0 41865 3 km/s 15% 0.08475 AU/s 0.002475 LY/s 7725 m3

Total power: 15,590,505 (W+S+A/2+M+50*Cs)
  Active scan successfully completed.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2014, 01:43:20 PM »

21 Some of this stuff makes no sense sometimes. We had a guy lose a com with 40:1 odds a while back and that was hard to make sense of as well.  laugh

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2014, 07:36:59 PM »

40:1 odds means that there is a 1% chance of victory for the weaker side, and it does occasionally happen that that side is victorious...
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2014, 12:07:27 AM »

Yeah even when they all have mk1 marines and you have mk30 shields and a compliment of similarly higher weapons.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: