Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 02:01:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: ITO  (Read 46390 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2014, 02:08:59 AM »

Here is the thing when we compare SSS and ITO.

ITO is full of active members and is growing. It is a true corporation.   (1)

SSS is pretty much a one man corp. It's other member cluster81 is barely active and haven't seemed to grown. So it is hard to see it as a legitimate corporation when pretty much all of it's power is just cause of 1 member.  So while yes you raph are growing more and more in power, your inactive person isn't and you don't have any more members. There for your corp is not truly growing at all. Just you.  (1)

Now lets compare some other corps. I want other corp members to please not take any insult to this. I am not trying to insult anyone.

IMG:  Half it's members are active, 1 is semi-active and one isn't on at all.  Right now to me they barely qualify as a corp.  Now this isn't entirely Dadds fault.  It can be hard to keep players active on here.  I have had to boot quite a few inactive myself.  (1)

EOS: Well the majority of their power comes from Mata.  They got a decent amount of members. I am not really sure how active they are all though. (a)Some of their members I wonder though how well they are really helping and growing. One being icup a former member of my corp.  icpup left when Sargas started talking about leaving .  He actually left before Sargas if I remember correctly.  So he immediately bailed ship.(b)  He also isn't always too active.  Most of his growth to around his current power was due to help from my corp when he was with us.  Now while I am sure he has gotten help from EoS, before he was with us he never showed any growth really.  The guy has been around quite a while.  His player number is 908.  Which means he joined shortly before Aysle who's number is 925.  To me he never came across someone who had a lot of drive and didn't do a lot of interacting with the rest of the corp.   Then there is simoncoetzer.  Now he is a good guy and was pretty active with the corp for a while.  Then he seemed to vanish.   There is also simoncoetzer who at times has problems staying active.(c)  The rest I can't really be sure on.  I do with them the best though.  (2)

NHC: Many members but most are not very active and the ones that are don't do much to really work together. It is a failure as a corp.  (1)

None off the other corps are worthy of mention except for my own.    (3)

In my corp I have been working hard to help my members improve. Not just myself. As a result my various members have all began to grow. Just look how many are in the top 20 now. A lot of my former members are also in the top 20.  I could be selfish and just work on increasing my own stuff but that means my own members wouldn't do as well. So as a corp we would be weakened.  A good leader puts the needs of his members before his own.  Individually we may not have as much power as Raph or Mata.  But as a corp we are stronger because I work to make sure my people continue to grow and prosper.   ITO kind of reminds me of a lesser version of us.  They are working to grow as a corp together.  Their leader works to help make everyone better. Not just himself.  Given the time ITO could be as good as TGE.  Though if they will catch up to us is another matter.  Just because the differences in tech levels.  Still stranger things have happened.    (4)

(1)  In what we like to call the 'real-world', there are two types of corporations.  Sole and Multi.  Both are legal and viable entities.  Both have responsibilities and can be sued for misdeeds.  Since, Sir Emi has not changed his corporate definitions to disallow Corporations (Sole), the arguement that 'a single corporation is not a real corporation' is invalid.

(2)...
     (a)  Yes, the Sargasian Empire, an active and vibrant community (and Director Mata is indeed a big-boy)
     (b) I do not recall icpup 'leaving' PMI, I remember him being kicked out.
     (c) simon, yes... you know why he has periods of inactivity.  

(3)  That's rather arrogant. don't you think.  Just because YOU don't approve of their existence does not mean they do not exist.

(4) " I could be selfish and just work on increasing my own stuff but that means my own members wouldn't do as well"
Is that why I only was allowed control of PMI's first corporate ship (a ship I helped build) for only a few days?

1. Corporations are this game's equivalent to alliances.  I have trouble recognizing one that is just pretty much a 1 person alliance.

2. Then you recall correctly on icpup.  I didn't boot him.  He left on his own.  Not sure what the heck he told you.  As for simon, your right I do know why and I do understand. 

3. When practically every one of those others doesn't even have any active members, or just 1 that is really low ranked, they are hardly worthy of mention and really shouldn't be allowed to continue to exist. Let's look at PRQL for example. When was the last time we actually saw any of them online?

4. That ship was designed for corp leadership to use.  Namely the navy and myself for use during wartime. When we went to peacetime the navy didn't have as much use for it.  Mata had a huge income as it was and I needed a better income on COMs so I could work more on new corp ships and stuff.  When your doing most of the work on corp ships you tend to need that extra income wouldn't you agree? Also if you recall the attack timers on it were of insane length.  I would often pick up multiple COMs at a time to do.  By the time I would be done with them usually about a month or so would have gone by.  I am slowly phasing out corp SOS ships in favor of Corp COM ships and before long every member in our corp will have a Corp COM ship they can use.   Some of it is coming from stuff sin has given us.  Before he did this though everything was coming out of my very own pocket. Weapons and some engines are still coming out of my own pocket.  Once this stuff is eventually used up it will be back to using my own solars for everything on the ships.   Do you remember when I told everyone around the time you were leaving that I was taking our corp in more of a Navy direction?  This is what I was talking about.  More COM ships all around. Especially when it comes to Corp Ships.  As it stands right now only 3 of our people are still waiting on one.  I have a big one I am testing out now that I am going to give to sauron to use.  Bob and Solvae are the other two still waiting.  I went from order of lowest to highest. Only reason Sauron is getting this one here is cause he is doing some work on a special top secret corp ship we are working on.  Of course this one he is getting isn't one of the Corp COM ships. But our newest Corp Command Ship.  TGE Command #3.   Soon I will begin work on Solvae's ship.  It is just a matter of finding time when I got days off work and stuff to get it going.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 03:10:31 AM »

1. Corporations are this game's equivalent to alliances.  I have trouble recognizing one that is just pretty much a 1 person alliance.

2. Then you recall correctly on icpup.  I didn't boot him.  He left on his own.  Not sure what the heck he told you.  As for simon, your right I do know why and I do understand. 

3. When practically every one of those others doesn't even have any active members, or just 1 that is really low ranked, they are hardly worthy of mention and really shouldn't be allowed to continue to exist. Let's look at PRQL for example. When was the last time we actually saw any of them online?

4. That ship was designed for corp leadership to use.(a)  Namely the navy and myself for use during wartime. When we went to peacetime the navy didn't have as much use for it.  Mata had a huge income as it was and I needed a better income on COMs so I could work more on new corp ships and stuff.  When your doing most of the work on corp ships you tend to need that extra income wouldn't you agree? Also if you recall the attack timers on it were of insane length.  I would often pick up multiple COMs at a time to do.  By the time I would be done with them usually about a month or so would have gone by.(b)  I am slowly phasing out corp SOS ships in favor of Corp COM ships and before long every member in our corp will have a Corp COM ship they can use.   Some of it is coming from stuff sin has given us.  Before he did this though everything was coming out of my very own pocket.(c) Weapons and some engines are still coming out of my own pocket.  Once this stuff is eventually used up it will be back to using my own solars for everything on the ships.   Do you remember when I told everyone around the time you were leaving that I was taking our corp in more of a Navy direction?  This is what I was talking about.  More COM ships all around. Especially when it comes to Corp Ships.  As it stands right now only 3 of our people are still waiting on one.  I have a big one I am testing out now that I am going to give to sauron to use.  Bob and Solvae are the other two still waiting.  I went from order of lowest to highest. Only reason Sauron is getting this one here is cause he is doing some work on a special top secret corp ship we are working on.  Of course this one he is getting isn't one of the Corp COM ships. But our newest Corp Command Ship.  TGE Command #3.   Soon I will begin work on Solvae's ship.  It is just a matter of finding time when I got days off work and stuff to get it going.

1. Please define your your interpretation of corporation/alliance.
       I see a corporation; and then I see a corporation allying with another corporation to form an alliance.  The two (corporation/alliance) are not interchangable.

2.  As I now recall (yeah, yeah, I know...)he left while the PMI leaders were discussing his dismissal (I do remember saying his only neg was his lack in communication).

3.  Still...   (DUDE, it's called respect.  You have declared yourself (at least to me)to be a diplomat.  This stance is hardly diplomatic.

a.  To which leaders do you refer?  As I recall, we were three.  You, the co-leader (and later leader), Mata, and myself.
     b.  What I remember most about this is when I came into 'your battle' to upgrade the weapons on our first ship was this:  I took control of the corporate ship, added railgun module(s), reset your attack timer, and used my QP to advance the attack --- your response was "I wanted to do it myself"...
     c.  Do you not remember the time that I built engines for one of your little corp. ships only to be told "I wanted to do that myself"?

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 03:24:43 AM »

4. That ship was designed for corp leadership to use.(a)  Namely the navy and myself for use during wartime. When we went to peacetime the navy didn't have as much use for it.  Mata had a huge income as it was and I needed a better income on COMs so I could work more on new corp ships and stuff.  When your doing most of the work on corp ships you tend to need that extra income wouldn't you agree? Also if you recall the attack timers on it were of insane length.  I would often pick up multiple COMs at a time to do.  By the time I would be done with them usually about a month or so would have gone by.(b)  I am slowly phasing out corp SOS ships in favor of Corp COM ships and before long every member in our corp will have a Corp COM ship they can use.   Some of it is coming from stuff sin has given us.  Before he did this though everything was coming out of my very own pocket.(c) Weapons and some engines are still coming out of my own pocket.  Once this stuff is eventually used up it will be back to using my own solars for everything on the ships.   Do you remember when I told everyone around the time you were leaving that I was taking our corp in more of a Navy direction?  This is what I was talking about.  More COM ships all around. Especially when it comes to Corp Ships.  As it stands right now only 3 of our people are still waiting on one.  I have a big one I am testing out now that I am going to give to sauron to use.  Bob and Solvae are the other two still waiting.  I went from order of lowest to highest. Only reason Sauron is getting this one here is cause he is doing some work on a special top secret corp ship we are working on.  Of course this one he is getting isn't one of the Corp COM ships. But our newest Corp Command Ship.  TGE Command #3.   Soon I will begin work on Solvae's ship.  It is just a matter of finding time when I got days off work and stuff to get it going.

1. Please define your your interpretation of corporation/alliance.
       I see a corporation; and then I see a corporation allying with another corporation to form an alliance.  The two (corporation/alliance) are not interchangable.

2.  As I now recall (yeah, yeah, I know...)he left while the PMI leaders were discussing his dismissal (I do remember saying his only neg was his lack in communication).

3.  Still...   (DUDE, it's called respect.  You have declared yourself (at least to me)to be a diplomat.  This stance is hardly diplomatic.

a.  To which leaders do you refer?  As I recall, we were three.  You, the co-leader (and later leader), Mata, and myself.
     b.  What I remember most about this is when I came into 'your battle' to upgrade the weapons on our first ship was this:  I took control of the corporate ship, added railgun module(s), reset your attack timer, and used my QP to advance the attack --- your response was "I wanted to do it myself"...
     c.  Do you not remember the time that I built engines for one of your little corp. ships only to be told "I wanted to do that myself"?

1.  In most games they have what are called either Alliances of Guilds. This is the only game I have ever played where they have been called Corporations.

2. We never were discussing his dismissal.  He left around the time you were thinking about leaving. I think I seem to recall him vanishing shortly after one of my post about taking our corp in a navy direction.

3. If they were more active and actually were showing signs of growth I would show them more respect.

4. a. Corp Command ships were designed for all 3 of us to use if we needed to. But priority for it's usage during war time would have been me and Mata (he was navy leader).  I already explained the need for extra income during peace times.  If you had stayed with us as we went through our change you would be getting a corp com ship made for you. Hell you would already have command of one of our Corp Command Ships.  The change in direction was needed so that there wouldn't be a need to pass around one large ship between our members.

b.  lol that instance was because I had wanted to see the battle for myself.  Not from a 2nd hand report from someone else.  I wasn't too mad though and was only half joking with you when I got on to you about it.  I admit I was a tad annoyed.

c. That is because I like being able to do things for the corp myself.  While I appreciate help when given, I sometimes get to where I feel like i need to do it all myself. Even when I don't need to. I am a bit OCD about it.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 05:03:45 AM »

1.  This is not 'most games', this is a specific game.  Corporations and Alliances are seperate entities.

2.  Yes, he left while we were discussing his status...

3.  ...more respect...?...?...you give each and all the same respect (especially if you consider yourself to be the only diplomat in the corp.)

a.  Where did it say that?  During war, yes, you and the Naval Commander can have the ship.  However, in peacetime it needed to go back to the  original shared condition.

b./c.  Give it a break.  Every time I advanced the 'Corporate Ship' I was told "I WANTED TO DO IT MYSELF!"

So go ahead and try to convince yourself that someone else was wrong...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 06:33:13 PM »

1.  This is not 'most games', this is a specific game.  Corporations and Alliances are seperate entities.

2.  Yes, he left while we were discussing his status...

3.  ...more respect...?...?...you give each and all the same respect (especially if you consider yourself to be the only diplomat in the corp.)

a.  Where did it say that?  During war, yes, you and the Naval Commander can have the ship.  However, in peacetime it needed to go back to the  original shared condition.

b./c.  Give it a break.  Every time I advanced the 'Corporate Ship' I was told "I WANTED TO DO IT MYSELF!"

So go ahead and try to convince yourself that someone else was wrong...

1. Corperations are just what this game calls it's alliances/guilds.  Simple as that.  This isn't like forming an alliance with another corp.  Calling a group of people in one group an Alliance is very common in games.  It is the same thing just under a different name.  But I can understand your way of thinking.  After all I can't expect the older generations to have played as many online games as I have.   Hell in other games I have run Alliances.   Think of it like this.  In Star Wars the rebels were part of what was called The Rebel Alliance. They had leaders.   Essentually they were one orginization made up of a bunch of people.   There were those allied with the Rebel Alliance that were not a part of the Rebel Alliance.  Do you see how now the word Alliance in it can have 2 different meanings?

2.  It was never his status we were discussing.  It was the our corp itself we were discussing and it was on our corp forum.  If we had been discussing his status we would have been doing it in private message or in the leader only are of our forum as to not cause problems.   Something which didn't happen.

3.  I treat my members with respect.  I show Dadds respect.  I show TheCommander aka JoolzVern respect.  I do try to be respectful.  Especially to those who have earned my respect.  I even try to show you some.  Respect has nothing to do with how I see these 1 person corps and corps with nothing but inactive people in them.  Look at the top corp list.  The majority of those don't have any active players at all.  If the people aren't active then the corp might as well not exist.

a. I needed it for the extra income for making more corp ships. Simple as that. Mata didn't really need it by that point. You mostly mined.  I needed the money to work on our corp ships. Which I explained to you already but you seem to not be getting.  Yes you did some upgrades but with the vast majority of the stuff coming out of my pocket, i needed it more.  I wish I had taken us in a navy direction sooner. Then instead of wasting money on corp SOS ships and stuff, we would have had more Corp COM ships to go around and you would have had an extra one to use.  Of course you likely would have left the moment I announced a change in direction.

b. Most of the time you started doing it without even asking first.  I already explained I have an OCD about doing this stuff myself.  I like helping out our corp.  Is it a crime for the leader to actually want to do the stuff himself for the corp?  I hate asking any of my members to provide something for corp ships. Just because I don't want to hold back their progress and prefer to do it on my own.

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 11:49:59 PM »

JJL, since you took the initiative of evaluating other corp, I would like to rectify some things.

How do you evaluate a leader that loose all his bigger members: Matamaure 200 mil, sargas 20 mil, sinaarrgghh 100 mil, Gronk 20 mil.

About the big corp ships: I build about 95% of that ship that was supposed to go from one member to an other every 2-3 weeks. Once you got your hand on it you did not want to release control of it. I was infuriated by that (Sargas and others have participated for the remaining 5%). Once I upgraded it to a 18 mil. monster ship at the time, I told you it was low on shields, not to go battle with it. You did it anyway and lost the battle.

Corp ships: Hanuman and me built many of them.

Your power (what you did and not what you got from others): actual: about 150 mil, lets remove 100 mil comming from sinaarrgghh, lets remove about 20 mil comming from me and other players. Your real power, done by you: between 30 and 40 mil. Raphael is about 20 times bigger and is a newer player.  30 and 40 mil in not bad but notthing to brag about. You lost your time pirating when it does not pay. You are strong in words and poor in actions.

You are free to play the game the way you want: true. Stop bragging and stop looking at the others. Start looking at yourself.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 02:16:55 AM »

JJL, since you took the initiative of evaluating other corp, I would like to rectify some things.

How do you evaluate a leader that loose all his bigger members: Matamaure 200 mil, sargas 20 mil, sinaarrgghh 100 mil, Gronk 20 mil.

Sargas actually only has 14,647,039.  He has only gained about 4 mill since he left the corp. The loss of all these members came at the time when Sargas had already decided he wanted to form his own corp. Which I was fine with.  The thing is I didn't lose you, Gronk or Sin until after I announced the change of directions for the corp.  Gronk never really expressed much for his reasons for leaving but he now has a 1 man corp and it is hard to say what he is really doing.  Sin left because he didn't like our taxes (even after he was one of the ones that voted for the tax increase).  He also had been growing bored with the game and thought that perhaps by going out on his own with his own corp things might be more fun. But they weren't so he decided to quit.  Unlike you and Sargas though he hasn't tried to stir things up either.  We maintained a friendship and things were fine until he decided to quit.  He was nice enough to offer us our stuff too. He didn't even make me promise to share it with our members.  He would have been fine with me keeping it all. But I decided not to because I want to help the people in our corp.  Yes losing you guys was a loss for us but crap happens. We are still doing well.

About the big corp ships: I build about 95% of that ship that was supposed to go from one member to an other every 2-3 weeks. Once you got your hand on it you did not want to release control of it. I was infuriated by that (Sargas and others have participated for the remaining 5%). Once I upgraded it to a 18 mil. monster ship at the time, I told you it was low on shields, not to go battle with it. You did it anyway and lost the battle.

And the plan changed when I realized how how rediculasly large the timers were.  As for once you upgraded it.  No you did not warn me not to take it into battle.  Heck even after I did it was fine except for one battle.  Mistakes do happen though. 

Corp ships: Hanuman and me built many of them.

You both put in some work.  Thing is what Hanuman helped with was a few SOS ships the ones he worked out ended up being crappy and had to be upgraded to be usable.  Yes you did help out with some SOS ships and some other corp ships.  I have never denied it. That is one of the reasons I didn't ask for your help much for any other ships I worked on for our corp.  You had done so much for the corp and I didn't want to ask you for more help.  The only thing I really asked you to make for corp ships after that was on occasion some cargo bays if I recall.  That was simply because you had the better tech.  The engines and everything else I would make and put on there.  Most of what we got now really are not cause of you.  Though I still appreciate everything you did do for us.

Your power (what you did and not what you got from others): actual: about 150 mil, lets remove 100 mil comming from sinaarrgghh, lets remove about 20 mil comming from me and other players. Your real power, done by you: between 30 and 40 mil. Raphael is about 20 times bigger and is a newer player.  30 and 40 mil in not bad but notthing to brag about. You lost your time pirating when it does not pay. You are strong in words and poor in actions.

You are free to play the game the way you want: true. Stop bragging and stop looking at the others. Start looking at yourself.

I am not going to deny some of my power coming from others.  I never have.  Though I haven't even finished deviding up all of Sin's stuff yet. Nor is it all active. Some of his stuff I got boosted from is from 2 titans he filled up with mostly marines that he didn't want to get rid of the personel off of so the money to hire them wouldn't have been wasted.  There is still a crap ton more marines in the storage ship along with loads of other stuff I am putting into our corp ships.  Only thing not there is vipers since he switched over to marine ships.  Hell Marines is where he ended up getting a lot of his power from.  Just like raph.  You can't really compare raph to me since his initial power came from marine ships loaded with them and shields.  He has begun building pvp ships but so far he hasn't had a lot of success with them.  He has had a little but so far we have had more victories over them then he has had over any of us.  Now you say though that 20 mill comes from you?  Maybe once apon a time but not anymore.  The shields on Command #1 have been completely replaced. As has the cargos and pretty much everything else. You can't take credit for the 4 MK M marines on there since those aren't even the original ones.   The originals you robbed the corp ship of just prior to leaving our corp without any prior notice at all.  Sargas is the reason we have those on there now. He made sure we got those 4 MK Ms.  We didn't get back everything that was taken but it was satifactury and I thank Sargas for that.  Not you.   I never made a brag saying I don't owe anyone for my success.  This doesn't make me a bad leader either.   I am using the tools that were given to me to help make everyone in TGE better. Not just myself if I could.  Let's say Raph were given all this stuff? Do you think he would share with his corp? Somehow I doubt it.  Being a good leader means more then just being the best player in the game or the one with the highest power.  Look at the number of failed corps in the game.  Even NHC is just a shell of it's former self.  When they lost their leadership they just fell apart.  When I realized I was going to lose Sargas I realized just how a change of direction was needed for the corp. After all I was losing my mining leader.  It is course led to some other big people leaving as well.  But because of the change of direction I took us,  we are still going strong.   ITO lost their leader but their new leader has done a decent job holding things together.  So it has a real chance of becoming a good corp.  IMG if it can recover from it's recent slump could become good again.  I am still a bit sceptical about EoS.  It is nothing personal.  Your corp is still too new to really be sure on how it will turn out.  I do wish you all well though.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 09:22:31 PM »

Do i smell dirty laundry again? What has this topic got to do with bounty hunting?
IMG if it can recover from it's recent slump could become good again.
OH, we are in a slump? you want to test your best against mine again JamJul? I will bring HMS VENGEANCE to the party next time if you think my corp is in a slump and not really good.
IMG is exactly where it is because of the game mechanics and i am happy with where it is for the moment. The founding members for their own personal reasons dont play anymore (points at game mechanics) and sadly had to be let loose as we ramped up our war efforts vs outlaws. I dont actively recruit because of ongoing war and battle issues and it wouldnt be fair to introduce new players to the sort of nastiness that is involved with a battle fleet. My doors, as always, are always open to the right candidate (in particular miners) who want to escape to the outer reaches. At least in my corp not one member has ever quit to form their own.
As Matamure suggests: Dont go comparing other corps as to their value or merit, JamJul-Lison. I have already demonstrated to "Grand-Admiral" Raphael that power doesnt make you a top player(OK it puts you on top of the list but that is where it ends) or a top leader. I can quite easily show you those lessons. Hopefully you would learn from them, unlike the aforementioned pilot

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 11:29:06 PM »

Do i smell dirty laundry again? What has this topic got to do with bounty hunting?
IMG if it can recover from it's recent slump could become good again.
OH, we are in a slump? you want to test your best against mine again JamJul? I will bring HMS VENGEANCE to the party next time if you think my corp is in a slump and not really good.
IMG is exactly where it is because of the game mechanics and i am happy with where it is for the moment. The founding members for their own personal reasons dont play anymore (points at game mechanics) and sadly had to be let loose as we ramped up our war efforts vs outlaws. I dont actively recruit because of ongoing war and battle issues and it wouldnt be fair to introduce new players to the sort of nastiness that is involved with a battle fleet. My doors, as always, are always open to the right candidate (in particular miners) who want to escape to the outer reaches. At least in my corp not one member has ever quit to form their own.
As Matamure suggests: Dont go comparing other corps as to their value or merit, JamJul-Lison. I have already demonstrated to "Grand-Admiral" Raphael that power doesnt make you a top player(OK it puts you on top of the list but that is where it ends) or a top leader. I can quite easily show you those lessons. Hopefully you would learn from them, unlike the aforementioned pilot

That is your power you would be bringing to the table though. Not the corp.  I wasn't trying to insult you either.  But IMG has been in a slump as a whole.  It used to have a lot more members. It's 2nd in command keeps going MIA. Until Jake returned you were down to 3 members.  You being active, the MIA Aysle and a semi-active KristenMueller.  At this point you now have Jake who has returned and is currently active.  You may not want to admit it but IMG did go into a bit of a slump. One it is still recovering from.  It wasn't really your fault though.  The lack of updates and people getting bored are the primary reasons for it.   My opinions I expressed here on each of the corps are just how it looks to me.  It doesn't mean I am entirely right on everything I say.  Though it seems that rather then take it as a grain of salt people would rather take it personal.   I am not going to pretend like my own corp is perfect.  It isn't.  Losing our top people was a huge blow to us. We almost fell into a slump ourselves. But we have recovered and we have begun training up newer players to become stronger and better skilled.  I am sure some of my people will make mistakes as they are learning.  We all have at one time or another.  So don't get mad when someone points out things they see wrong.  Accept they have their opinion, evaluate it and see if maybe there is a small chance they could be right and if they are, work to fix that issue.  Sometimes it takes an outside opinion to see what we on the inside might be missing.  Dadds you yourself saw the flaws in PMI before our change of direction. You even pointed them out to me.   It helped me to begin to rethink perhaps the direction our corp should go in.

Now with everything said and done let's just stop this pointless bickering.  I am sure Raph is getting a big laugh at reading it all.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 12:19:35 AM »

I know that I am.

...giggle...
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 12:39:57 AM »

At least there is something happening, the last weeks have been indredibly dull.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 01:19:59 AM »

Well fist off, I think Jam is perfectly right to point out that there are big differences in the make up and vigor of the various corps and I would agree that because of these there is a certain growth curve and potential. And a one man army has only so much time and can only be in maybe three or four places at once lol.

As to IMG's 'slump' I think Jam has his own perspective and from my talks with him it may be skewed but I think he tries to be objective. I don't think he's 'ragging' on anybody here.

I haven't been paying attention to IMG or any other corps growth rate but I know that our ship power was at about 5mil or less when Jazz left. Fenix had already left and made his own corp for RL reasons and we were left with myself, FreezeLove, Cornedo, and two inactive players- Jazzbob who I've still not let go of(ship pwr1.7mil)and XenGuard.

Well Xen is on now and then so he's semi-active but since then we've recruited four other players that have been active daily and one that has been inactive bringing us to a 70-80% active player corp. This and this thing called teamwork and working together to build new players' ships and corp com ships has brought us up over 11mil ship power and our treasury grows faster as we get more players and ships.

So I think that from this perspective Jam is mostly correct that IMG and SSS aren't corps in the sense of being a team and that there is only so much groth potential one player can muster. I mean Raph can play all day 6mo. but if we get 20 active players and maintain a tight team we might still eventually overtake him.

Other than that all the bickering is just that. You guys are all good guys and leaders and I know this about Jam better than any other. I think you guys just need to chill and see each others point of view- including Jam lol. I think IMG/Dadds and Sargas are all good players and have good strong corps I would proudly assist and work with just as I would TGE but I can't exactly fault Jam's assessment either other than being the critical guy he is and seeing faults and calling them as he perceives them.

As to Mata's comment about the splintering of PMI I think we need to understand how much of that is misunderstandings, over-reacting, differences of opinion, etc. It happens. And sure Jam's faults as a leader and communicator may contribute but we all have some of those. I think it's not always enough to be a good leader when people are stubborn or misinformed or just have a difference of opinion or some other issue outside his control.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:16:26 AM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 01:26:06 AM »

I do see it from his view.  I have had others give me their honest opinions about my corp at various stages of our corps lifespan.   I didn't let myself get worked up cause they saw something about my corp that was wrong that I didn't see.  Sometimes they were right. Other times wrong. But I didn't get too worked up over it.  Also  I never once said IMG sucks which is how Dadds seems to be taking it now.  He messaged me pretty much threatening me to post a retraction about what I said about IMG or else.   TGE has no intentions of breaking our NAP with IMG.  So we won't take any preemptive action against IMG.  I just hope Dadds can calm down and some to his senses.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 03:41:36 AM »

So I think that from this perspective Jam is mostly correct that IMG and SSS aren't corps in the sense of being a team and that there is only so much growth potential one player can muster. I mean Raph can play all day 6mo. but if we get 20 active players and maintain a tight team we might still eventually overtake him.
WoW howdy!. OK since you are a newbie, Joolz, i will give you, as i offered JamJul, 1 chance to retract yet another defamatory comment toward my corporation. i am in war mood, adding you to it will just be a slight deviation.

My PERSONAL comments with Jamjul about my or our opinions towards each other corps are just that, personal. Jamjul wishes to air his thoughts about how IMG are slumped, and now you wish to weigh in and suggest that we are not a corps?
Heck, i have just changed my mind.
Joolz, consider IMG also at war against you.
Anyone else want to comment on my corp? Please feel free, Freedom of speech, expression, its good for the soul. It is going to hit you hard in the pocket though.
I will declare GC disfunct and your 11million powered corp will vaporise as i pass it by.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 04:13:36 AM »

*sigh*  Dadds you really need to chill out.  Just because someone has an opinion you don't like doesn't mean you should go to war with them.  Your request of a retraction by me was in the form of a threat.  Perhaps if you had asked nicely I would have at least considered a retraction.

[IMG] Dadds(#862)
24-Mar-2014 00:34
Re: Re: Re: 17

i would suggest making a retraction to your statement on the forums about my corp. in fact, if you are such a good leader, i highly recommend it. what do i know though, i am a slumping corp

Not everyone is going to have the same opinion and sometimes we don't like what the other person has to say. But that doesn't mean you start a war either.  Instead of getting up in arms take a deep breath, sleep on the issue and then take another look at it in the morning and try to see things from other people's points of view. You have said multiple times that 1 man does not make a good corp. You have said it plenty about SSS and have mentioned it about the lesser corps as well.  Fact is you don't got many people right now. 1 is semi-active. One just came back to being active. Hard to tell if he will stay that way just yet. Then another is inactive because of personal reasons taking him away from the game for long periods of the game at a time. You are pretty much carrying the entire corp. Compared to what IMG once was, it is in a slump. Yes you are much stronger now. But the rest aren't much stronger and haven't been doing a whole lot.   This doesn't mean you are weak.  This doesn't mean IMG is weak.  It doesn't mean IMG can't get out of the slump.   But if this was any other corp in the same situation, you yourself would admit they are in a slump or at least were.  It is only when it is said about your corp you get angry over it and ready to attack others.  I understand no one likes to hear someone talk crap about their corp.  I wasn't even trying to talk crap.  Perhaps I hit a soft spot though when I spoke what I believe to be the truth.  Perhaps you know we are right and just don't want to be told it.  Yes you yourself could bash along ITO and could bash along pretty much all of my corp. But that isn't your corp doing so.  That is you doing so. That only proves your strength Dadds, not the corp's.  So how about instead of lashing out at us, you take that energy you got built up from that anger and use it to work on improving the corp itself.  To helping it grow larger and stronger.  I didn't post any of my opinions to insult anyone. Rather instead to express my opinions and possibly give those reading it a chance to maybe see how an outsider see's their corp.  If there is something negative said, learn what is wrong with the corp and work to build it.  Sometimes it takes an outsider to see what we can not see ourselves or at least admit to ourselves.  
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:15:15 AM by JamJulLison » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: