Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 20, 2024, 06:51:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Checking in  (Read 7486 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:11:13 PM »

Seems none of us have been discussing things much latley in the GC.  I thought perhaps the representives should do a little checking in just to see who is actually active on the forums checking things.
Report to moderator   Logged
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:25:39 AM »

I try to read nearly every news in here, but do you mean we should more offen discuss topics in the GC, that are brought up to the forum?

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 09:26:54 AM »

There are still a few issues on the table as it is for the GC that still haven't been resolved. Also new ideas for the GC are also always welcome.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »

I am really dissapointed. The only ones to have checked in here is ITO and PMI.  NHC as usual are the no shows but I at least expected Dadds to check it. The GC needs to be united if it is to continue to function.
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 04:20:24 PM »

you are right.

What topics have to be resolved?

Leader
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 06:58:38 PM »

I will post on them tomorrow. I am a little drunk at the moment lol
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 03:58:17 PM »

Well it seems assides from ITO and PMI no one else gives a rats ass about the GC.  IMG and NHC haven't checked in. Neither one has added anything else to discussing on 2 other matters that need resolved.  If no one gives a $#&% about the GC we might as well disband it.  I have worked I disagree off to keep the GC going and I wanted it to succeed. But that can't happen if the rest of the corps in the GC aren't doing their part either. I am tired of trying to do this $#&% alone.
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 11:46:36 AM »

I understand your point. Maybe a whole new Galactic Council could solve this problem. But for this we need intereted players and we should also include the biggest corps. But If f.e.: nobody into the ITO is interested in the council, the ITO shouldn't be part of it. What I want to say is: A big, unactive corp is only like empty Titan hull...useless. 21

Leader
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 03:45:10 PM »

Right now the only ones reletively active in the GC issues is PMI and ITO.  IMG was but hasn't been much as of late.  It feels like perhaps they have given up.  NHC is of no surprise not being active now.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »

Ok I am giving Dadds and Teteeeeu until January 1st to check in here.  If neither of them check in I may call for the GC to be disbanded.  The way things stand now in the GC, it seems the GC can not function.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 11:19:56 AM »

Hey JamJul,

Not everyone here is unemployed and have no life you know. If you bothered to ask what was going on, I have been on holiday with my family and care very little right now about politics in a game which is going no place fast.

I am not the rep here, just a corp leader and member.

Unless you missed my last post in another thread I have put the whole of Sol on a "move on" order to flush out the informer(s) who want to move behind the scenes to disrupt my and the GC's policies for self governance in the system. This clock is still ticking and is about up. Its just after midnight here local time so i will be now checking my PM's and postings for any news to the enemy before turning over those stones i mentioned.

I have a darn good idea which personage(s) are behind it. I have just gotten back and have started to look at the forum postings again.

Rather than issue me with an ultimatum, you should be trying to enforce the GC alliance, and run to ground the criminals associated with terrorism and treachery.
I for one will be happy to dissolve the GC so i can go about business and do what is needed without being bound by our own laws, while others are free to disregard those laws.

I was the reason the GC existed in the first place, to put in place checks and measures to reduce pirate activity within new starter player areas. The fact that you have endorsed it and embraced it was through hard negotiations and wars of many kinds, verbal as well as physical. NHC have always been the bench sitters in the council, and before the council used to play both of us against each other so that they could retain their "neutrality"

You will be receiving more "check ins" in the next 12-24hrs or so as i turn my forces into the next inquisition.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 12:49:06 PM »

Dadds the thing is wth your Rep MIA the GC stuff here on the forum falls on you. BTW I do have a new job now. Started yesterday.  My issue is I have seen you on the forums and posting stutt even after I had posted stuff on here. So it felt like you were just ignoring it.  Also the GC wasn't entirely your idea.  There were times I thought of it before but never did it cause I knew most people wouldn't want to go along with it. When your MIA number 2 brought it to my attention I thought maybe now was the time.  I also realized not only does this allow you to put checks on us but it allowed us to put checks on IMG. There were times when you seemed hungry for war.  Goodperson and Morbius of NHC both agreed with me on that. I am not going to lie, I am aware NHC supplied information to both sides during our war. But they did remain neutral assides from that.  Goodperson was active enough in the GC before he seemed to vanish.  NHC's new leadership I don't think really cares about the GC. I do care. Jazz cares. When you didn't reply it seemed like you didn't care. In order for the GC to survive we have to work together on issues. Not just this little war with Raph but on other issues as well.  Also unless you can prove to these others in Sol are really supplying him with information, our hands are tied on what we can do.  It could have been anyone who tipped Raph off.  If someone tipped him off at all.  Interesting thing, he had a bunch of labs in Sol. I wiped them also. Also ITO had some resources in the area left untouched.  If you just suddenly going after everyone in Sol, it is going to look like the big boys are just trying to push around the little guy. Yes that isn't what is happening but that is how it will look to them.  Some of them are just now getting around to liking the idea of the GC.

I have been worried about the GC for a while. Once ITO joined I hoped things would improve but they won't. I know your not a fan of handling the politics and stuff, but until your rep is back or until you appoint a new one the GC duties here fall on you.  The only reason I suggested possibly disbanding it is cause of the seemingly lack of caring.  I shouldn't have to be the only one trying to make it work.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 07:52:26 PM »

There were times when you seemed hungry for war.  Goodperson and Morbius of NHC both agreed with me on that.
To be perfectly honest, i abhor PvP. Not just here, but in every game (MMORPG) I have ever played. I have always wanted to be the do good and friendly support person and/or just to be left alone and do my thing and not be dragged into this whole "pi$$ing" contest with who has the biggest gun or weapon. It was the blatant act of disregard by other players hiding behind the flag of piracy,  bent on destruction and dictating how I was to play the game and be treated that got me into this whole PvP thing and building a war machine to do it with. Now I have a war machine I am not just going to stand idle any longer and allow those pilots i consider neutral or better to be allowed to turncoat on the thing that we are trying to construct to help those pilots.

I am not going to lie, I am aware NHC supplied information to both sides during our war. But they did remain neutral assides from that.
This is the very thing i am now mobilising my war machine to combat. At least with a declared enemy you know where you stand with them. Whats worse than a pirate is someone who pretends to be allied or faithful of friends, then turn over vital intel to their worst enemy, while not having the backbone to stand up and do it themselves.

Feel free to keep talking about issues that need to be resolved, while the rest of the community laugh at our benign attempts at order and continue on through their merry way blowing up what they want. I dont have full forum powers here as the GC so cant moderate as you can JamJul, however if the GC is happy to have my vote count as a full proxy vote for my GC rep then so be it. Just post the topics to be discussed and topics to be resolved in appropriate threads or new subject folders to suit perhaps. I just dont have a lot of time to wade through all the forums to find i missed something i was supposed to be paying attention to. Even the time taken to post here is taking away from both my gaming experience and my festive holidays with my family and friends.

It could have been anyone who tipped Raph off.  If someone tipped him off at all.
By Raphael's own admission it was a tip-off paid out in full. And yes you are right, it could have been ANYONE, which without a lead from the innocent bystanders, in my book equates to EVERYONE.
I put up a station in Sol, and made a posting saying i was doing it, to test and to see if in fact human nature would cause my noble gesture to fail. Once again the dark side of human nature didnt let me down and i got the results i was expecting to see

In this event i shall be the SWORD OF JUSTICE and let greater beings than I decide on guilt or innocence. Inquisition is brutal, bloody and lots of innocents suffer, but eventually so do the criminal element. I do have some clues of course, and there are some pilots who will remain unscathed as i can rule out some pilots as totally innocent.

If you just suddenly going after everyone in Sol, it is going to look like the big boys are just trying to push around the little guy. Yes that isn't what is happening but that is how it will look to them.
Not particularly bothered what others think or how it looks. My reasonings are very plain and open to read here. No matter how many times I explain it from my perspective, there is always someone who has their own scrambled version of what is truth which just leaves you smacking your head against the truly ignorant brick wall. Opinions from them I dont even bother reading anymore.

Just my "2 bob's worth", for anyone who cares to take notice

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: