Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 30, 2024, 07:59:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: What do you think of the build times as they are right now?
As a newer player I think they are too long
As a newer player I think they are just fine
As a newer player I think they are too short
As an experienced player I think they are too long
As an experienced player I think they are just fine
As an experienced player I think they are too short

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion on Build Times  (Read 8061 times)
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2014, 07:45:30 PM »

So after seeing what Dadds posted I felt like perhaps I should make this poll to get a feel for what the rest of the community thinks. I know that several people like to stay annoymous so don't feel like you need to post if you don't want to. I also wanted to see the difference between the newer players opinions (lets say people that have been playing for less than a month) from the opinions of the more experienced players that have had more time to get used to how things are.
Report to moderator   Logged

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 08:09:03 PM »

Build times are fine. Yes they do suck but are needed for balance.  The only timers that I got an issue with are the combat timers.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 09:15:14 PM »

They seem very long but the game is balanced that way. When you get very high tech, with officers and everything it become difficult to plan everything right. Each 500 levels needs one month. I have modules taking almost 4 months to complete. This is long.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 02:59:19 PM »

its a delimiting way to slow down the top guys which help the lower guys catch up in a way, provided they put in game time hours.

Trust me, if you think timers suck for builds at your level, you will positively hate it at our level.

I am with JamJul as far as the combat timers go. Not only is it ridiculous with the combat timers at a high power level, it is also very UN-realistic. I have ships and modules that can transport me across all of known space in half an hour or less, but when it comes to wanting to shoot my laser at some bad guy, it takes me 2-3 days of timer countdown. No one will take those sort of timers seriously as a threat, since they will easily plot out a course and avoid combat before the timer has come close to completion.

The game is obviously not designed for PvP at a high end level

Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 10:35:04 AM »

Yes of course, but that really isn't the issue we were discussing, combat timers are a no brainer as far as something that needs to be adjusted. I just feel like build times could be improved and I wanted to see what others thought, the old crowd has obviously said their part, now I'll wait for others.

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »

The Syndicate voted for the last option. Manufacturing is actually a bit fast if you plan ahead, so I wouldn't mind to slow it down a bit. Right now the Syndicate has 7 titans fully optimized as factory ships (and we plan to stop at 10 factory ships). Considering that and other regular ships, we are always manufacturing/upgrading at least 350 modules (7x48=336 plus regular ships) at any given time.  1
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 09:11:05 PM »

Well done Ralph.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 09:55:34 AM »

its a daunting long timer when you look at what your max science is compared to how long it takes to build something from scratch for sure, but if you do it in "baby steps" it really doesnt seem to take that long to get where you want to with module level. One of the secrets, if and when you can afford it, is a dedicated optimised factory ship out to class X. With its ability to make 48 modules at once, the first thing you will need to be doing is making lots of cargo space for it.
if you are using an officer, 1.5hr per mod mark isnt overly long in my opinion. I dont think i would ever want to go back to the 3hr per mark build however.

Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »

I am personally not yet at the point where I can afford two officers on top of VIP status and as the manufacturing officer would not only speed up the times but my spending on upgrades it will not be my second officer of choice. I do understand what you mean dadds as I already do that, however it isn't so much for the reason. I generally try to upgrade all of my cargo bays by 4 levels at a time before I move on to a higher level because the lower level modules are much more cost effective, so by waiting until all of my cargo bays have been upgraded I can maintain a reasonable efficiency rating for the money I'm spending. Of course once I get into the higher levels of modules the cost efficiency kinda goes out the window because of the cost of the modules themselves but for now I will certainly stick to how I do things. It's because of that reason that even though my cargo bay research is at level 25 for example I'm only just now upgrading my modules to level 17.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: