Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 12:36:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: help  (Read 31928 times)
sargas
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »

It seems that JJL still doesn't understand what we are doing here.

He broke his own law.

Since it was a law he helped write, the punishment should be more severe than it would be if one of PMI's junior captains committed the offence (I remember what happened when Gronk broke one).

I, as the offended party, should not be involved in the punishment segment of this inquiry and neither should JJL.

It is up to the trial judges (Dadds and Jazzbob) to determine what happens now.

Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »

I understand completely.  You even said what you would be satified with.

All I want out of this is:

1. an apology
2. the solars I can prove I lost (~4 million)
3. the immediate return of 881 imperial citizens.

So after those marines are back I will offer a public apology, give you QP to replace your loss there and a few extra to replace the citizens you lost.  I get I broke GC law but I had good reason.   I would never have gotten any results had I not done so.  If they want to punish me some other way then so be it.  I did what I felt I needed to do to get back some of of our stolen property.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »

OK i believe we have heard enough from both parties in question to be able to make a ruling here.
I will call upon the leader(s) of both ITO and IMG to retire in a closed Jury session and to PM myself on their findings and actions for this case.

The case is no longer a matter of guilt or innocence, as there is clearly a breach of law, to which all parties agree to. If the Jury consider otherwise they need to step forward now with the evidence to alter a verdict of guilty, otherwise:
The verdict is guilty, the punishment of the guilty party and restitution to the plantiff will be decided on by a jury of peers, taking in Sargas' losses and his demands, while considering any mitigating circumstances and arguments presented here,  to be forwarded to my office by no later than Thursday Close of business.
I direct the jury to these points in considering a sentence:
1. The galactic charter ruling article 3. has been broken by the defendent and;
    a) brings discredit upon the GC as a whole, being broken by one of the architects of the Galactic Charter.
    b) the decision here will set a precedent for any future cases of our Galactic Law which may include amendments and a review of such a charter.

2. The defendant may or may not have been in state of diminished responsibilities when he committed the breach. Did he conduct this act with sound thought and reasoning, or was it a rush of blood that he wishes he could take back, along with the QP spent on its deliverance.

Any further breaches of the GC while the Jury is in session, or any attempt to subvert or influence this Jury by either party, will result in prosecution to the greatest extent available to the Galactic Council, which could mean expulsion from the GC (in the case of a GC member involvement) and/or being labeled an outlaw by the Galactic Council
I caution all involved parties that this session is now closed for comment by the plaintiff and the defendant, while the Jury is in session.
The resultant findings and sentence will be delivered here by myself upon receiving all the juror's suggestions and recommendations by no later than Thursday Close of Business.

Thankyou all for your time here to deliver your arguments.
Court is adjourned.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:23:11 PM by Dadds » Report to moderator   Logged

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 03:24:18 PM »

Thank you, your honor, I await your decision.
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 02:22:26 AM »

After reviewing this matter I would suggest this solution...

These are two separate matters but they are linked... One matter caused the other. That doesn't excuse the 2nd matter (attack in Sol) but it does mitigate it some.

Jam-Jul make a list of hard numbers for modules lost upon corporate separation by Mata. I know you don't know for sure, but just provide a number of modules Mk X or just a total Mk XXXXX of Module whatever to the best of your knowledge.

After the inventory is provided, Sargas $$ losses will be deducted X 3. The reason for the X 3 is that was an original part of the GC charter discussions. The penalty portion didn't make it into the charter however I think it is a fair and valid amount for breaking the law as most courts turn $200 of fines into $4000 total payment with the penalties. I feel this would be a fair and equal settlement by both parties. PMI would get the return of some modules and EoS will retain some modules to compensate for the losses.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 04:47:01 AM »

All I am getting back is the marines as is so I a not getting them all back anyways so there is already a hit. But I am satified with just getting the marines back.  I also wouldn't have a problem sending Sargas some QP to help replace his losses after I recieve the marine mods.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 12:54:45 PM »

The penalty needs also to be in 2 forms. recompense to the victim on loss of income/property, as well as the breaking of a law we all decided on when we formed the GC.
As i previously stated, if a petition had come in first declaring some internal issues to be resolved before opening fire, then likely it would have been allowed by majority.
While the first part of the penalty will be in a form of financial restitution, the 2nd part, the breaking of our law, must also be considered. (dont worry, the court is also aware of the time taken to review the case. if i could charge court costs, i would lol)

Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 07:41:59 PM »

The resultant findings and sentence will be delivered here by myself upon receiving all the juror's suggestions and recommendations by no later than Thursday Close of Business.
An extension to the delivery of findings will be applied pending final talks with the neutral members of the GC reps so we can all agree on the punishment to fit the crime. It is expected that this extension will run until the end of this week. Should no further input from NHC rep, ITO rep and IMG rep then I will conclude this matter by Sunday.

Thanks you all for your indulgences

Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 08:48:47 PM »

I agree with Dadds finding,   However, Dadds can you outline your purpose punishment.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2014, 11:39:27 AM »

I agree with Dadds finding,   However, Dadds can you outline your purpose punishment.

Has your leader made you the official rep now?  If you I will contact SirEmi about getting you your GC title.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 04:31:01 AM »

for the restitution, i recommend the loss of replacement cost (previously stated at $4M+), plus $1M for loss of incomes and time in rebuilding.
For the GC imposed penalty for breaking one of its own (and written by the accused) laws; I recommend a suspended sentence of no less than 3 months to be served. In that time should Jam-Jul Lison again breach our codes and laws, to be immediately and summarily dispelled from the GC office.
Also, Jam-Jul should be ordered to make a formal public apology to the plaintiff, as well as a formal apology to the GC for bringing our organisation into disrepute, which should also include the general community for those who may consider any "loss in faith" toward what the Galactic Council is all about.
Other optional punishments could include some community service, to assist a newer player to get a help along in the game.
I draw upon several considerations when suggesting this penalty.
1. That the act was similar to "a crime of passion" as done out of frustration and;
2 The fact that the accused is a senior founding member of the Galactic Council and therefore should not be above the law, but more respecting of its rules than a new member would ordinarily be held accountable to.
3. That there appears to be some amiable moves by each party to reach terms regarding the initial loss of PMI corporate properties.
Court costs are done "PRO-BONO" this time, however should I be called upon to make another ruling against one of our own, i will consider court costs as "time lost" outside of my normal working duties lol
This is my finding in the case. Should anyone have any better ideas, more lenient, less lenient, please post them or PM them to me ASAP, or I will consider my final statement here to be an acceptance by all and to make it a decree.
That is all. I await my colleagues and jury on final agreement to its ruling

Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 08:54:38 PM »

not as officially, the were talk. Jam

Dadds, I see no problem  of your purpose punishments to Jam. However, we need to address the time frame setting the payment and return loss corp items. If no deadline may cause issue to both parties.
sargas
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 11:32:13 PM »

the taken modules are scheduled to be returned sometime next week.  JJL is in agreement with it.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2014, 12:10:56 AM »

I will comply with the decision reached here. However I will only do so after I get those the marines back.  I hve extended the ceasefire for now since I now have an idea of when I will be able to get them.

On another note, lisunken until you are made the official rep I am afraid you are not allowed to post in threads involving GC discussion unless it is one you start yourself. Only the original power and GC reps and leaders may post.  It is a part of the charter.  I just thought I would let you know on that.
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2014, 03:45:32 AM »

I also agreee with the arbitrament by Dadds. It is a good way to get over this and maybe [PMI] and [EoS] can get over the past and shape the future together

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: