Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 27, 2024, 12:33:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dismissal of NHC as a GC member  (Read 13737 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:10:36 PM »

I hereby submit a formal request to review NHC status as a standing member of the Galactic Council.
My reasons for this request is:
1. NHC has had a formal leadership shift and as yet their current management have not acknowledged the GC by adding its signatures to the charter
2. NHC leadership have not responded to any GC requests to review, reply or become involved in any way, shape or manner with regard to GC requests, actions or resolutions
3. NHC leadership have not supported any GC actions against current conflicts with declared outlaws, choosing instead to sit silent and on the fence.

The Galactic Council cannot support "fence-sitters" who choose to take no positive action in its rulings while enjoying the freedoms, liberties and safety of being called a GC member.
I call on all GC reps for an immediate (3/4 party majority required) vote on expulsion of NHC until at such time they can show more interest and activity in the GC resolutions.
All in favour for an unconditional and immediate removal of NHC, say "aye" herein

Signed,

Dadds, member [GC], CiC & leader[IMG]
Report to moderator   Logged

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 12:40:12 PM »

I can't say I disagree.  I made sure SirEmi gave their leader the powers he needed for the GC. But he hasn't seem to have done much of anything.  The only member of NHC I see on regularly and actually talk to is lisunken.  Their leader I never really hear from. Nor do I hear from any other of there members. So if we are voting now I would have to say yes.
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 03:03:49 AM »

I agree only because of my own experience: Since the ITO became a member of the GC we never heard anything from NHC on no topic.

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 05:02:55 AM »

ok so now all we wait on is for Aysle to present his thoughts so we can get to the official vote of no confidence lol

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »

Sorry about that, I tried to add my signatures to the charter and Jam knows that but the thread was locked.

I'm currently on 2 jobs plus studying on the university so I'm trying to organize life, put it all on tracks to become more active and I've talked with my corp members that if I cannot do that I'll pass the leadership to someone who can, so please, do not punish my corp members for my mistake.

I ask you all captains one last chance to prove that we deserve to be at the GC, just tell me what should I do and I'll fix it asap.

-T
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 05:19:44 PM »

It took notifying lisunken to even get you here.  Perhaps he would make a better leader.  Or at least nominate him as your GC rep.   We can't just keep having these quite times.  This isn't about taking it out on your members.  It is about fullfilling your GC members.  It wouldn't be our fault if you were booted.  As for the charter. I actually forgot about that but I never considered that too much of an issue.  I am not prepared to change my vote at this time but maybe one of the others will speak up for you.
Teteeeeu
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 06:05:35 PM »

I could make Lisunken the Corp GC rep and it will make things straight. He will bring the subjects to our Corp Forum and we discuss if it is the casea.

It took him to notify me because I wasn't aware that was a rule, and obligation to the Corp Leader to be present here. I was thinking that if my presence was needed here for any problem that someone would have with us I would get a PM for exemple. Now I'm aware that I must log in here from time to time to be present in the discussions.

-T
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:08:04 PM by Teteeeeu » Report to moderator   Logged
Teteeeeu
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 10:54:38 PM »

I gonna be totally honest here:

I know I've made a mistake, that I have not been present here and that this is clearly a issue among us all. I'm willing to straight things up by being more present and if I cannot do that I'll set a rep for me on the GC or even pass the leadership to another more active member.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keel NHC in the GC, I just need a vote of faith/confidence of you all. I messed up, screw things up but it was a mistake, I'm aware of it and I'll do my best to make it right. Just need a chance to do so.

So I'm asking this chance for you fellas.

-T
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 11:32:41 PM »

My opinion remains the same but if IMG and ITO changes their minds then you get to stay.   Checking the forums isn't exactly a rule but how else can one know about issues being discussed in the GC.  It isn't our responsibility to send out PMs.
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 02:12:19 AM »

I moved the thread to the proper location.... (Pulls out ruler and smacks Dadds hand for failure to post properly  laugh )

My opinion is that NHC has utterly failed as a GC member since the leadership changes - We went from Morbius to GoodPerson and now we have Teteeeeu as leader and also lisunken that is paying attention here.

My solution would be a probationary period of say 1 month. During that time we expect NHC to once again become active members of the GC, this can be accomplished with either Teteeeeu taking part or him designating another member as a representative . When the GC was formed NHC was a founding member and was active in the discussions of the terms. I'm more then happy to vote to remove an inactive corp, but I feel that if we can bring NHC back into the fold and if they are more active in matters it will benefit us all.

As a addendum to the probationary period. I suggest the NHC remove their "dead weight".  At this time Im specifically referring to Morbius and any other members of theirs that have been offline more then 45 days (without prior notice). A corp with inactive members adds to the numbers but it doesn't add to the community and it provides targets of opportunity to those that wish the GC harm.

I propose that during the "probationary period" NHC remove all known installations of inactive members, so that they can recover dead modules and put them to better use. After that period an "open season" for all GC members would be declared upon those inactive modules/stations/etc for a period of 14 days. After which said inactive players would be removed from NHC and no longer be a liability to NHC or the GC.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 04:52:53 AM »

If they were to boot the dead weight before collecting those mods though, I likely will go after them. Once not a part of NHC I will consider them dead weight.  I would like to give NHC another chance but I still have my doubts.  They have had chance after chance and it shouldn't take us messaging any of them on any of these issues.  If I hadn't PMed lisunken they wouldn't have even known about it at all.  I am just not sure they will really change.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 10:32:18 AM »

Now that is odd. i was sure i started this thread under the galactic council thread in the members only post. I will perhaps try to post something else there later to see what happens with my final location of the post.

Anyway, one thing i do with regards to important forum posts is: I have a topic or a folder marked to notify me via email if something i need to pay attention to gets posted to a folder. If you dont check email of course, this will not be of much help either, but its another way of being kept informed. We cant always be sending around Personal memos to every leader to get their attention when a vote is being called upon.

The second thing we do here at IMG is have a rep who is not the corp leader. Under galactic charter forum rules, it allows for both the rep and the corp leader to have a say in member forums which helps when one of us are away for awhile with busy lifestyles.

OK with that said, my grievances are still the same with regard to a fence sitting position toward declared and voted on outlaws by the council. If we are to become a governing and ruling body, we need to be all working on the same page with regard to dealing with galactic council rulings.

I am with Aysle with regard to a probationary period; to have NHC put on notice that if they wish to be part of the ruling council, they need to be active in its decisions and discussions, and pro-active in its resolutions.
Currently criminals like Raphael are bullying members of the Galactic Council into non-action by offering to leave them alone if they dont become actively involved or engaged against him. OK i know not every corp out there has Raphael killing fleet at their disposal and cant be expected to fall on their swords for the GC, however they need to be seen taking a stand against sworn outlaws of the GC on the forums at least.
Jazzbob of ITO has done so, even though it does expose his members to additional threat levels that he cant defend against. We hope that should outlaws turn their attention toward our partners that we will be able to respond with immediate military aid as well as training and advice to keep a step ahead of the outlaws.
The other thing smaller powered corps can do is provide a network of intelligence gathering to keep tracks of outlaw movements. Perhaps one of the reps can create a sticky page in the members section to report locations or sightings of our enemies. (I would like it to be hidden of course to non members so they cant read who is reporting on them. perhaps using our off-net forums we set up at the start of the GC?)

Never apologize for having a real life Teteeeeu. That always comes first. If you truly want to be a part of the GC though and enjoy its protection as well as its limitations and liabilities, pop by the forums regularly or have your 2IC assigned as a back up man/rep as i have done. (as i said putting a watch on the child boards works well for me with email notices of forum postings here)

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 03:32:03 PM »

I just read everything but I'm at work right now. In a couple of hours I'll be at home and I'll reply it.

-T
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 12:40:26 AM »

3 days later and no reply....not a good start 10
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 11:46:16 PM »

I have to agree. Some of their inactives are still with them too.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: