Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 10:32:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: ITO Leadership/GC Status  (Read 5864 times)
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2014, 03:06:53 PM »

Approximateely 48hrs ago our former leader, Jazzbob stated in the corp board:

"I leave the game. Don't give up, I'll give the leadership to JoolzVern. A good life for all of you."

He gave us no indication he would do this, and was previously making plans so we get the impression that something happened and for whatever reason he may never return. I haven't kicked him out and have waited 48hrs in the off chance he logs in and formally transfers leadership to me for Galactic Council purposes, but he hasn't, hence this post.

I intend to maintain ITO as a respectable organization. I 'm working to strengthen our team for ourselves, and so that we may better live up to our duties as Galactic Council members, should the council allow us to remain on board.  

*edit* Sargas' reply/presence here reminds me that I should also re-affirm that unless/until formally dissolved, we will of course continue to uphold and adhere to all existing treaties etc. such as the NAP we have with EoS. 19

As a new corp leader I have a lot of work to do to transition from the previous leadership's strategies, command etc. but I intend to keep building ITO up, and request that we be allowed to remain on the GC with myself as ITO's representative.

Thank you.
-JoolzVern
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:10:03 AM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 03:25:57 PM »

I am sorry for the lost of your leader and I want to wish you the best for the future of your corp.
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 04:57:46 PM »

I have been aware of this issue for 2 days.  I have been hoping to hear back from jazz on this.  I wish he had notified us in the GC of this.   Considering how quick you were to notify me, I might be ok with GC powers being given to you but I think we need to discuss this first and possibly give jazz more time to log on.  This is similar in some respects to the NHC issue though different at the same time since you are now the official leader. When NHC's new leader took over we did give him his powers.  Dadds what do you think?
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 05:19:15 PM »

Yes, I am fine with allowing a week or so for Jazz to formally transfer leadership. I just didn't want to seem irresponsible by letting ITO remain in the GC for a indefinite period of time, not telling you guys we are under new leadership.

Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 08:09:03 AM »

It is in our Charter that states "the leader AND the corp rep shall have say and speak in the Galactic council chambers. Only the appointed rep can vote on a resolve, unless there is a reason (precedent exists) "where the rep is no longer available for voting, or where the rep speaks from a point of view against the current view point of its corporation"
So, as official leader of ITO, Joolz should immediately be allowed access to speak in council rooms. The ability to cast official vote to be the discretion of ruling members, based on circumstances resulting in that corporation's inability to cast a vote on their behalf. I for one acknowledge proxy voting rights, 1 for 1 equal with regard to all other sitting council reps voting power, until such time as the former leader, and rep declares otherwise; or until the expiration of one month from the date of this posting, whichever comes first. Should one month expire from the date of this posting with no formal word from ITO's official representation, Jazzbob, then i would suggest that JoolzVern proxy voting rights be moved to full voting rights as official ITO rep, or whomever nominated at this time by the current official leader of ITO.
(ie, Joolz, IMG acknowledge you as full proxy voter and member until such time as a month expires, and becomes official, or until Jazzbob comes back lol)
"Sheesh why didnt he say that earlier"

<edit precedent...typo....am I really getting as old as Sargas? lol>
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:35:01 AM by Dadds » Report to moderator   Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 08:14:40 AM »

well said Dadds, well said...

and @Dadds, I don't think you will ever be as old as me lol
I recently added another candle to my cake...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:01:59 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 09:12:03 AM »

gratz for yet another candle....my heartfelt and deep sympathies to the cake and it burden lol

Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 02:18:21 PM »

Thank you, Dadds. You are a master of reason and order.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 05:07:25 PM »

TGE also recognizes  JoolzVern's right to vote.  I will send a PM to siremi when i get the chance about your powers. In March if we haven't heard back from Jazz we will also acknowledge you as the new leader of ITO.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: