Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 03:52:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Jam-Jul Lison vendetta  (Read 30599 times)
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2014, 12:18:23 PM »

Followup on "Press Release From Emperor Jam-Jul Lison 1/29/2014"

Today's announcement is one reason that I quit PMI at the time.

So that everyones knows what is going on:

Could you please post here if you are attacked by Jam-Jul Lison (can you give your ranking at the same time).

Live long and proper to all the galaxy captains.

Captain Matamaure
Director of militia
Empire of Sargas
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 12:30:17 PM »

Isn't this the same 'cleansing' that JJL asked permission for in the GC chambers?

It didn't pass then and now he decides he dosn't need to obey GC rulings.

\\http://forum.astro-galaxy.com/index.php/topic,8535.0.html
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 03:03:46 PM »

The previous removing against inactives was for those within Sol and only there.  This is different. Everything outside of Sol. The Galaxy needs a huge clean up.  If novas were in place I wouldn't even worry about it cause it would take care of most of it. However since there is no novas, the junk needs cleared away. That is the primary purpose of this. That said I am not going to bother taking the time to try to figure out who is active and who isn't. That could take too long. I am sorry you don't approve of this Mata but I have discussed this with other people outside of my corp and they support my actions. That includes some who aren't even in the GC.  No one else in my corp is doing this.  I am not ordering or encouraging it. It is something I am doing myself.  I could have not given fair warning but I figured the nice thing to do would be to do that. So I let everyone on here know.  I was going to leave people I consider friends exempt from this but considering I am not even sure I can really even call a friend anymore, I might not.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 03:15:17 PM »

A true pirate at heart.

Your actions will speak louder than your words.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 08:18:32 PM »

Think what you want. If novas were already in place I wouldn't be bothering to do this at all.
sargas
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 10:30:09 PM »

Why exactually are you doing this  Do you need the planetary slots for yourself?  Are NPC COM's to hard for you?  Do you need to shoot someone that won't shoot back?  How did you get appointed to 'Galactic Janitor' anyway
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 12:12:59 AM »

laugh
+1 to Sargas for the "Galactic Janitor" quip. That was a good one.

But seriously guys, it's like a salvage mission. So what if he'd rather take some time being a scavenger. I mean shouldn't you guys be happy that he's trying to pick the low-hanging fruit instead of competing with you for the good stuff?

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 02:53:04 AM »

Why exactually are you doing this  Do you need the planetary slots for yourself?  Are NPC COM's to hard for you?  Do you need to shoot someone that won't shoot back?  How did you get appointed to 'Galactic Janitor' anyway

1. I appointed myself.

2. It needs done.

3. If gives me something to do when I am bored.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 07:09:32 AM »

I hope you won't hold it against me Jam but uh... If you are doing it yourself then you obviously want it done and if you want it done badly enough to do it yourself then you are sort of encouraging it by default in my opinion lol. I don't have any strong opinion on the subject, partially because idk how much of a problem space junk really is for all of you but for me I don't even notice it. That part about not giving your friends the benefit of the doubt gives me some pause though. I can understand if that was directed at particular individuals whom I won't name in here because of recent events but uh... that one part does seem a bit piraty lol.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
sargas
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 08:21:00 AM »

You get bored?

I guess that is as good a reason as any to engage in piracy.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 08:31:07 AM »

Think what you want. If novas were already in place I wouldn't be bothering to do this at all.
Ummm sorry but you and I know, my friend, JamJul, that nova event will not effect out to the 1st circle anyway, unless you have more recent info than i am privvy to. 90% of all space junk resides in the 1st circle lol
How do i know this? As a galactic explorer, i have mapped 90% of all known space lol. I hate to play devils advocate in this matter, but you cant use lack of nova event as reason for clean up here.
Also, i do also point out you are under a galactic council 3 month probation for being "a bad boy". Do you think it is wise timing to now announce you will be blowing up other pilots stuff even though its outside Sol area? (remember, there was a consideration once to extend the protectorate out a ring at one stage) The other thing that bothers me with this is you cant be bothered to check if they are active or not first?
I see a rats whiskers twitching from inactivity, or starvation to "feed its needs" lol I think others are sensing this also. Better off petitioning Sir Emi to have a removal policy in place for constantly inactive pilots in their server management.
(Also remember, Aysle can be inactive for some time lately....i wonder if you would hit his locations lol)
I know we have discussed this sort of topic in private before, and i have never been fully comfy with its proposal. Not to mention the time and cost taken or lost to conduct the clean up. IMG has no official policy on conducting this type of clean up, though it can acknowledge that in some locations leftover modules can become a nuisance. Most of the top players know who are mostly active, and mostly inactive, by now. We can make that call on a "needs" basis, rather than an outright decree to sanitize the inner systems lol

Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 09:13:09 AM »

Thanks again Dadds.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 03:49:53 PM »

Your right. First ring needs it most.  If novas were in I might be considering just doing the first ring with this.  In our private talks you have never said that you disapproved of me doing this. But it is whatever.   I am doing what needs done. Besides this also allows me to locate more of raph's stuff.  As for messaging them if they are inactive.  I don't got the time for that.  With my new job I am working a lot more. Also during this even though inactives are the main targets, I am not going to bother sparing active players either. If they want their stuff saved they would be more active and check the forums.  If they did that then they would see they could get ahold of me and ask me if I can leave their stuff alone.  BTW not all inactive stuff is located in the first ring. Found a mine belonging to Goodperson in the outer ring my first day doing this.

Something I thought about doing was doing this without any sort of warning to other active players. But I figured the least I could do was warn them.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 09:27:07 AM »

Will Jam-Jul Lison implement his galactic Cleansing, or will he have posted his announcement for nothing? The Syndicate watches..  ninja
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 11:16:30 AM »

Will Jam-Jul Lison implement his galactic Cleansing, or will he have posted his announcement for nothing? The Syndicate watches..  ninja

It has already begun. Though the process is going slow because I am working a lot. So far in my search all I have run across was a mine belonging to Goodperson. It has of course been removed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: