Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 24, 2024, 10:02:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Jam-Jul Lison vendetta  (Read 30587 times)
sargas
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 02:03:00 AM »

I thought the NAP with NHC/PMI(TGE) was still in effect.

Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 09:36:07 AM »

You obviously didn't read my last announcement very well. In the same one I announced the cleansing I also announced I was ending our NAP with them and why I was.  I even tore up the contract.
sargas
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »

yes, you did.  I apologize for forgetting that.  I guess I was tired or something (drunk?...over medicated?)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 10:21:38 PM »

What about Senile?  lol just kidding.  Mistakes like that happen.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 06:27:06 AM »

So what happens if a pilot outside the GC chooses to join your Cleansing and attacks GC members? Will he be declared an outlaw or will he be an exception? A rampaging pilot can just say, "Hey, I'm just following Jam's footsteps!" laugh
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 02:49:26 PM »

So what happens if a pilot outside the GC chooses to join your Cleansing and attacks GC members? Will he be declared an outlaw or will he be an exception? A rampaging pilot can just say, "Hey, I'm just following Jam's footsteps!" laugh

This cleansing ain't a regular thing that will be done.  It is being done cause it needs to be done. Anyone who follows in my foot steps should do so with caution. They could get in over their head.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 11:07:15 PM »

Well, considering that you won't even bother checking whether they are still active or not seems more like piracy to me. It will also give pirates an excuse to attack anyone under the pretense of this Cleansing.  1

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 12:25:49 AM »

Well, considering that you won't even bother checking whether they are still active or not seems more like piracy to me. It will also give pirates an excuse to attack anyone under the pretense of this Cleansing.  1

Piracy is the act of stealing and then trying to make a profit off stuff.  I am not trying to make a profit at all. Most of what I get will end up being used for fuel to cover the cost of this cleansing. This isn't a cheap thing to do. The reason I am not messaging them to ask if cause that would make a long process even longer.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 04:35:56 AM »

I also do not think that this action fits the discription of piracy (as there was no profit).

Instead, it's an act of terror being performed by the self-proclamed 'best Pirate the game has ever seen'.

I am calling this an act of terrorism.

(edit - spelling, again)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:38:47 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 05:22:51 AM »

I also do not think that this action fits the discription of piracy (as there was no profit).

Instead, it's an act of terror being performed by the self-proclamed 'best Pirate the game has ever seen'.

I am calling this an act of terrorism.

(edit - spelling, again)

You really do need to look up the definition of terrorism.  From webster's online dictionary.

ter·ror·ism
noun \ˈter-ər-ˌi-zəm\

: the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal

I am not doing this to spread fear.  I am not doing this for any political reasons at all.  It is mostly being done to get rid of inactives modules/stations.  As for not checking to see if they are active.  1. It is time consuming to search everything in every single system.  2. My time online is limited these days because of my new job. 

I did make an announcement here on the forums which I didn't have to do. That way people can know to contact me so I won't hit their stuff.  Though the sad thing is many people in the game don't even check the forums which is a shame.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »

Then here's one scenario: a newbie, who no one knows, sets up a mine in the second ring. Since Jam can't be bothered in checking if that newbie is active, he proceeds in destroying the newbie's mines. Newbie logs in, feels he's being bullied, and might then quit the game.  laugh

Anyway, I wish the galaxy good luck since the GC seems to condone this. Good job, GC. Hahaha
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 03:04:34 AM »

Then here's one scenario: a newbie, who no one knows, sets up a mine in the second ring. Since Jam can't be bothered in checking if that newbie is active, he proceeds in destroying the newbie's mines. Newbie logs in, feels he's being bullied, and might then quit the game.  laugh

Anyway, I wish the galaxy good luck since the GC seems to condone this. Good job, GC. Hahaha

I am not going to deny that possibility. Though chances are if he is a newbie he won't be setting up in the 2nd ring. If he is one that is smart enough to do that then he might not just quit right off the bat from it.  He might become stubborn and press on.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »

The action has not been condoned by the GC. In fact i am outspoken against it. However it is not in any galactic charter law to deny what JamJul is proposing, providing it doesnt happen at Sol.
Here is a scenario i like though: Jamjul finds more and more of Raphael outposts and removes their threat from the game.
New players can be spotted by their larger member #number than established player. I would at least hope Jam-Jul would look upon this number as a factor before striking at them.

Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »

Dadds: "In fact i am outspoken against it."

I share your view on that.

Dadds: "it is not in any galactic charter law to deny what JamJul is proposing,"

I would like to change the charter to ban piracy  for GC members. It would be in the spirit of the GC. If ever EoS become a member of the GC, I will advocate for it.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 04:04:05 PM »

Agreed on that. I have always been an advocate of anti-piracy. The GC was a step in that direction to subdue it somewhat with a major player ( at that time) of piracy. At the time we couldnt implement this because one of the major members still advocated piracy, and in fact still does not outlaw it. Diplomacy in this area is slow i am afraid with respects to "piracy" and "freedom". Raphael himself is at odds and war with us as he sees the limitations against piracy to be "in breach of his freedoms and liberties" to do as he chooses in the game.
I guess if we were all of the same mind-set, it would make for a very boring social media game lol

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: