Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 16, 2024, 08:57:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Astro Galaxy ingame project roadmap and tracking  (Read 6127 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2014, 11:08:31 AM »

I have been working on a system that will make Astro Galaxy completely add free and will make updates come out faster and get players involved in the process, that is players will have the option to choose the projects priority and such.

A very important part of this new system will be a reward system and getting the players to invest QP into the project for unique rewards at the completion of the project. Once we gather the minimum needed support for a project, a countdown will trigger and the project will be completed within the set time frame, ensuring the completion of the project.

This will be similar to how crowd funding works, but will use QP to invest into a reward and when the total invested QP reaches a minimum required we start the project countdown.

This way we will be able to work on what is really the most wanted. A new project can be suggested in the forum and then defined in this new system and implemented and players will be able to see and track the process of development from within the game 1

Of course we already have a few projects that are underway and will be available like planetary fortresses, super novas, alien pockets of stars, mysterious black holes and wormholes, etc.

Please feel free to share your opinion.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:13:12 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 06:21:45 PM »

That is quite novel approach. I like it!  wow
Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 09:50:09 PM »

Its similar to a game i used to play that sadly is no longer. A player would suggest building a space module or some such defence, an ingame price would be decided on which required materials delivered to the station in the form of missions etc. If it was a build all players wanted, they would all work together to get it built, or if it was a faction thing not everyone got involved etc. Major difference between the two systems here is QP is monetary based, where as the other system was mission based to focus a design.
It will work just as good and help players decide where they want the game to develop. Knowing when to expect it is probably the most important thing though....i look through all the AG news link and see no new upgrades for months and we wonder when it will all happen  21

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:20:15 AM »

Any plan to hasten future updates is better than nothing at all. Hope it's implemented soon. 1
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 09:24:13 PM »

I am liking this...

...a lot...

...I am liking this a lot...

...hmmmm...

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 09:45:47 PM »

If it help to have update faster, I am ready to support it. Simply hope it is not too long to develop (taking the time of other game improvements).
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: